Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > Suspension

Notices

Matching Dakars w/ Icon 2.0 Shocks / Bump Stops

Old 06-07-2013, 08:29 PM   #1
iJDub is a glorious beacon of lightiJDub is a glorious beacon of lightiJDub is a glorious beacon of lightiJDub is a glorious beacon of lightiJDub is a glorious beacon of lightiJDub is a glorious beacon of light
iJDub's Tacoma Gallery
Matching Dakars w/ Icon 2.0 Shocks / Bump Stops

With the Dakars in the rear I think the Icon 2.0s are just a tad too short. I think they offer like 9.5 inches of travel are good for up to 2.5" lift. The Dakars give about a 3" lift so I think I'm going to have the Icons custom built a bit longer (I think DSM does this). If I go with the regular Icons I should use limit straps to keep the shock from being the limit strap?

What bump stops would go well with this setup? I was thinking the SuperBumps.
Old 06-07-2013, 08:44 PM   #2
stinkyspice has a spectacular aura aboutstinkyspice has a spectacular aura about
stinkyspice's Tacoma Gallery
just have them build it for 2.5 inches of lift because the dakars are going to lift it 2.25 inches not 3. i just installed some icon's built for 2.5 inchs of lift. they ride so nice with my front saw coilovers. seriously night and day feels like they just float over the bumps!! check my build page for pics love em!!
Old 06-07-2013, 08:55 PM   #3
iJDub is a glorious beacon of lightiJDub is a glorious beacon of lightiJDub is a glorious beacon of lightiJDub is a glorious beacon of lightiJDub is a glorious beacon of lightiJDub is a glorious beacon of light
iJDub's Tacoma Gallery
But you have a 1st gen right? I have a 2nd gen.
Old 06-07-2013, 11:19 PM   #4
mo13 has a brilliant futuremo13 has a brilliant futuremo13 has a brilliant futuremo13 has a brilliant futuremo13 has a brilliant futuremo13 has a brilliant futuremo13 has a brilliant futuremo13 has a brilliant futuremo13 has a brilliant futuremo13 has a brilliant futuremo13 has a brilliant future
Navy: AD2
Name: Marc
mo13's Tacoma Gallery
I know icon makes a extended length 2.0 shock for 2nd gens I got mine form sdhq. Send em a pm and they'll take care of you they usually have everything in stock ready to go that day. I also got super bumps from wheelers I'm waiting on em to ship em out they seem legit from the videos I've seen and from what I've read.
Old 06-08-2013, 01:48 AM   #5
stinkyspice has a spectacular aura aboutstinkyspice has a spectacular aura about
stinkyspice's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by iJDub View Post
But you have a 1st gen right? I have a 2nd gen.
tru but u can still just have icon build them for 2.75 inch's of lift or 3inch

and i dont think you need limiting straps unless ur running a long travel set up
i could be wrong about that though. and having the straps wouldn't hurt anything but if u dont need them then more money for something else!!
Old 06-08-2013, 02:02 AM   #6
jimbo808 is on a distinguished road

jimbo808's Tacoma Gallery
How long have you ran your dakar/icon 2.0 setup? I have the same setup and i'm not running any bumpstop or limiting straps either
Old 06-08-2013, 02:07 AM   #7
iJDub's Tacoma Gallery
It almost doesn't need bumpstops with 2 overload springs is what I'm thinking. I think if the shocks don't have enough travel it could act as a limiting strap on springs such as the Dakar or all pros. Correct me if I'm wrong
Old 06-08-2013, 10:08 AM   #8
Cuz Stock Sucks!
SDHQ OFFROAD is one of the sharper tools in the shedSDHQ OFFROAD is one of the sharper tools in the shedSDHQ OFFROAD is one of the sharper tools in the shedSDHQ OFFROAD is one of the sharper tools in the shedSDHQ OFFROAD is one of the sharper tools in the shedSDHQ OFFROAD is one of the sharper tools in the shedSDHQ OFFROAD is one of the sharper tools in the shedSDHQ OFFROAD is one of the sharper tools in the shedSDHQ OFFROAD is one of the sharper tools in the shedSDHQ OFFROAD is one of the sharper tools in the shedSDHQ OFFROAD is one of the sharper tools in the shed

SDHQ OFFROAD's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by iJDub View Post
It almost doesn't need bumpstops with 2 overload springs is what I'm thinking. I think if the shocks don't have enough travel it could act as a limiting strap on springs such as the Dakar or all pros. Correct me if I'm wrong
You never want your shock to be the limiter on a full leaf pack replacement. All that bottoming out of the piston to the body will wear it down fast and could cause damage.

Straps are pretty cheap and worth doing for sure. Strapping anything 1/2" or so before full droop could end up saving a ton of headache down the road.

You see a lot of Dune guys with their sand cars come in EVERY season buying new axles and CV's cause they want their 20" of travel, yet the could have 19" and save thousands of dollar's a year and have the same performance.
Old 06-08-2013, 10:25 AM   #9
iJDub's Tacoma Gallery
Sdhq do you guys sell an extended icon 2.0 rear shock for people that use the Dakars?
Old 06-08-2013, 10:37 AM   #10
Cuz Stock Sucks!
SDHQ OFFROAD is one of the sharper tools in the shedSDHQ OFFROAD is one of the sharper tools in the shedSDHQ OFFROAD is one of the sharper tools in the shedSDHQ OFFROAD is one of the sharper tools in the shedSDHQ OFFROAD is one of the sharper tools in the shedSDHQ OFFROAD is one of the sharper tools in the shedSDHQ OFFROAD is one of the sharper tools in the shedSDHQ OFFROAD is one of the sharper tools in the shedSDHQ OFFROAD is one of the sharper tools in the shedSDHQ OFFROAD is one of the sharper tools in the shedSDHQ OFFROAD is one of the sharper tools in the shed

I do, I have some set's in stock, and we are having 2.5 RR's made for us as well for another option to you guys.

The 2.0's are Remote Resi. Shoot me a PM and i can get you TW pricing on them.
Old 06-14-2013, 02:33 PM   #11
ckeene9 is one of the sharper tools in the shedckeene9 is one of the sharper tools in the shedckeene9 is one of the sharper tools in the shedckeene9 is one of the sharper tools in the shedckeene9 is one of the sharper tools in the shedckeene9 is one of the sharper tools in the shedckeene9 is one of the sharper tools in the shedckeene9 is one of the sharper tools in the shedckeene9 is one of the sharper tools in the shedckeene9 is one of the sharper tools in the shedckeene9 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

ckeene9's Tacoma Gallery
What's the travel on these Icon's? Looking at options for BAMF shock towers and shackle flip.
Old 06-14-2013, 02:36 PM   #12
Cuz Stock Sucks!

28" EXT / 18" COL.. it's a 10" travel shock with different body dimensions.
Old 06-14-2013, 02:42 PM   #13
ckeene9 is one of the sharper tools in the shedckeene9 is one of the sharper tools in the shedckeene9 is one of the sharper tools in the shedckeene9 is one of the sharper tools in the shedckeene9 is one of the sharper tools in the shedckeene9 is one of the sharper tools in the shedckeene9 is one of the sharper tools in the shedckeene9 is one of the sharper tools in the shedckeene9 is one of the sharper tools in the shedckeene9 is one of the sharper tools in the shedckeene9 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

ckeene9's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by SDHQ OFFROAD View Post
28" EXT / 18" COL.. it's a 10" travel shock with different body dimensions.
Thanks!