Notices

Noob needs help with lift

Referenced Products Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 06-08-2013, 06:42 AM   #1
CDNplt is on a distinguished road

CDNplt's Tacoma Gallery
Noob needs help with lift

Hey guys/gals,

I need TW's help. I have read the stickies, read numerous threads and I'm still confused.

I have a 2011 DC Prerunner 2WD. Obviously, my lift is for looks rather than performance. Since I won't be doing any off-roading, I don't want to break the bank on a hardcore lift, but don't mind spending $$ for the right set-up.

I just want a higher stance for the Taco.

Most of you will probably recommend 5100s with 885 and AAL, but do I really need this?

Searching the various threads, I stumbled onto this cornfed suspension blocks. http://www.cornfedsuspension.com/0511Tacoma.htm Looking at the 3" front and 2" rear with the diff drop. I have read mixed reviews about them.

Is this something that could work for my truck and needs? What should I expect the drive to be like? Will i need to do an alignment often?

I plan on getting the FJ Baja black wheels and wrap them with BFG Mud.

Thanks in advance and go easy with the noob
Old 06-08-2013, 01:18 PM   #2

CDNplt's Tacoma Gallery
Haha. I'll assume by the lack of response that the blocks are probably not a good idea and not worth answering.

So, what should I get based on my needs described above?

I'm new to lifting, I just need a decent setup that won't give me any problems.

Thanks
Old 06-08-2013, 01:27 PM   #3
BDUF#
XXXX is one of the sharper tools in the shedXXXX is one of the sharper tools in the shedXXXX is one of the sharper tools in the shedXXXX is one of the sharper tools in the shedXXXX is one of the sharper tools in the shedXXXX is one of the sharper tools in the shedXXXX is one of the sharper tools in the shedXXXX is one of the sharper tools in the shedXXXX is one of the sharper tools in the shedXXXX is one of the sharper tools in the shedXXXX is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: sKiP
XXXX's Tacoma Gallery
I'm not into spacers lifts/blocks and never owned one so I can not comment on them.

What I can say is you have no front diff (only on 4x4's) so a diff spacer will not be needed.
Old 06-08-2013, 01:29 PM   #4
Fish
ABregenzer is one of the sharper tools in the shedABregenzer is one of the sharper tools in the shedABregenzer is one of the sharper tools in the shedABregenzer is one of the sharper tools in the shedABregenzer is one of the sharper tools in the shedABregenzer is one of the sharper tools in the shedABregenzer is one of the sharper tools in the shedABregenzer is one of the sharper tools in the shedABregenzer is one of the sharper tools in the shedABregenzer is one of the sharper tools in the shedABregenzer is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Alex
ABregenzer's Tacoma Gallery
I have had a front spacer before.

If you like it rough, do the spacers.

If you like a smoother ride, go with shocks/springs.
Old 06-08-2013, 01:51 PM   #5

CDNplt's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by XXXX View Post
I'm not into spacers lifts/blocks and never owned one so I can not comment on them.

What I can say is you have no front diff (only on 4x4's) so a diff spacer will not be needed.
Haha that makes sense. Thanks

Ps: go Habs go
Old 06-08-2013, 01:54 PM   #6

CDNplt's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by ABregenzer View Post
I have had a front spacer before.

If you like it rough, do the spacers.

If you like a smoother ride, go with shocks/springs.
Perfect. That's what I needed to know. Don't need a rough ride. So billies 5100s. Should I do 884 or 885?

I see some kits on Toytec, probably the way to go right. Will I need UCA and LCA if I do 2"? From what I have read, I probably don't.

Thanks
Old 06-08-2013, 01:56 PM   #7
BDUF#
XXXX is one of the sharper tools in the shedXXXX is one of the sharper tools in the shedXXXX is one of the sharper tools in the shedXXXX is one of the sharper tools in the shedXXXX is one of the sharper tools in the shedXXXX is one of the sharper tools in the shedXXXX is one of the sharper tools in the shedXXXX is one of the sharper tools in the shedXXXX is one of the sharper tools in the shedXXXX is one of the sharper tools in the shedXXXX is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: sKiP
XXXX's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by CDNplt View Post
Perfect. That's what I needed to know. Don't need a rough ride. So billies 5100s. Should I do 884 or 885?

I see some kits on Toytec, probably the way to go right. Will I need UCA and LCA if I do 2"? From what I have read, I probably don't.

Thanks

x2........For 2" of lift I would think you should be A-OK with OE UCA's based on seeing what many others have been able to achieve with similar specs.
Old 06-08-2013, 01:59 PM   #8
Fish
ABregenzer is one of the sharper tools in the shedABregenzer is one of the sharper tools in the shedABregenzer is one of the sharper tools in the shedABregenzer is one of the sharper tools in the shedABregenzer is one of the sharper tools in the shedABregenzer is one of the sharper tools in the shedABregenzer is one of the sharper tools in the shedABregenzer is one of the sharper tools in the shedABregenzer is one of the sharper tools in the shedABregenzer is one of the sharper tools in the shedABregenzer is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Alex
ABregenzer's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by XXXX View Post
x2........For 2" of lift I would think you should be A-OK with OE UCA's based on seeing what many others have been able to achieve with similar specs.
This.

I just got Light Racing UCA's because at 3" and full droop I was hitting my springs. And my alignment was whack.

At 2in, you shouldn't need new UCA's.
Old 06-08-2013, 05:54 PM   #9
Toyotachris is on a distinguished road
Toyotachris's Tacoma Gallery
A guy around the corner from me has a 'RoughCountry' 3". http://www.amazon.com/Rough-Country-.../dp/B00B2B5V00
He says it rides good.

Products Discussed in this Thread