1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

Dealer reccomended lift

Discussion in 'Suspension' started by Glocker23, Jun 8, 2013.

1. Jun 8, 2013 at 6:51 AM
    Glocker23

Glocker23 [OP] Drive fast take chances

Member:
    CT
    Vehicle:
    2012 DCSB Sport
    Debadged, Tonneau cover, Grillcraft MX grill, OKLED 20" light bar in grill, Aero AT2525 muffler
    Been reading a lot and got to talk to my dealer who has been doing lifts on Tacoma's and tundras. They did this one recently on a Tacoma with stock wheels and one size larger tires.

I have a 2012 dcsb sport.

They are dealing with toy tec and here is link they have used recently. sa6urusa_1a4b1b2fa63bbb78e7dbbd8e25cea0b25d71a1a5.jpg

OME Suspension lift kit
    Front coil options: Med_885_coils
    Top plate spacers: Add top plate spacers (+ $59.00)
    Rear Options: ToyTec_add-a-leafs_for_TSB_springs
    Front Diff drop kit: 4X4
    Add Rear shock stone guards (Pair): NO
    NEW! Assemble front shocks & coils with new bushings: Yes (+ $100.00)

This setup is $893.

They said prob looking at about 500-600 for install if I bring them the parts and new tires.

Is this a good setup for price. Any other setups I should do for a 3 inch lift with stock 17 rims

Last edited: Jun 8, 2013
  2. Jun 8, 2013 at 7:06 AM
    Imagine7721

Imagine7721 UNDESTRUCTABLE

Member:
    First Name:
    Casey
    Stuttgart, Germany
    Vehicle:
    06 Tacoma TRD Sport
    3" Toytec Ultimate w/ Total Chaos UCA, All-Pro Offroad Front and Rear plate bumpers, Shrockworks Rock Sliders
    My buddy and I were able to do the Toytec Ultimate Lift (with adjustable coil-overs) on my 06 in about 3 hours in his garage. I've had it on for just over 3 years now and only just recently replace the rear shocks after one of them busted a seal.
    If the labor fee includes an alignment, I'd say that it's reasonable.

3. Jun 8, 2013 at 7:20 AM
    jrzyshore

jrzyshore Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Scott
    SNJ
    Vehicle:
    2010 Toyota Prius TRD Offroad
    Icon extended travel coilovers and rear shocks, Dakar leaf springs, Toytec U bolt flip, extended length Icon 2.0 rear shocks, Timbren Bump stops ,TC UCAs, Street Taco (Beefedtaco) 1 1/2" CB drop, 4x Innovation DOM tube sliders with kick outs, some extended brake lines,ATO front skid plate, ATO trans skid, ATO Hi Lift brackets, 60" Hi Lift jack and a pine tree air freshener.
    The busted seal on the rear 5100s from Toytec seem to be a common problem maybe they should start selling the longer shocks with the lift instead of the stock hight shocks. For the price the OME set is the way to go. I should of spent the extra money and went with that set up.

4. Jun 8, 2013 at 7:50 AM
    bjboucher

bjboucher Mama says Tacoma World is da devil!

Member:
    First Name:
    Brad
    San Antonio, Texas
    Vehicle:
    Former 2012 DCLB 4x4 SR5 Texas Edition
    OME complete kit w/ 885s on Nitrocharger Sports, 1/4" spacers, Dakars w/ Nitrocharger Sports, LR UCAs, 265/70-17, Duratracs, G4 Elite tonneau, Weathertech Window Deflectors, Weathertech digital floor liners, factory JBL/Entune, rear differential breather relocate.
    That's a pretty popular lift on here. I ordered mine from Wheelers Off Road on Thursday. Installing it in about 2 weeks. I added the better Dakar rear leafs though. For some reason Toytech is mixing new front shocks with old rear shocks. Wheelers has the new ones all the way around. Not sure if it makes much difference.

Edit: Also, I got a quote from an Off Road place here in town, $525 to install my lift if I went through them. That was also new upper control arms and extended rear brake lines.

5. Jun 8, 2013 at 10:35 AM
    Justus

Justus fucks not given

Member:
    First Name:
    Nabisco the kid
    In ur toolbox
    Vehicle:
    not so low, not so slow 2006 6 lug
    stockish
    Iirc there's the 0-1.5 rear

Then the 2-4

The longer shocks would mean toytec would have to come up with an alternative bumpstop to send with the kit to make it usable safely, or throw in a comment about the setup requiring new bumps/bump modification.

Otherwise the shocks will bottom out well before the bumps make contact.

I assume that's why they don't use the longer shocks.......

Sad because the 0-1.5 top out very easy and limit even stock droop.

6. Jun 8, 2013 at 11:24 AM
    jrzyshore

Member:
    First Name:
    Scott
    SNJ
    Vehicle:
    Icon extended travel coilovers and rear shocks, Dakar leaf springs, Toytec U bolt flip, extended length Icon 2.0 rear shocks, Timbren Bump stops ,TC UCAs, Street Taco (Beefedtaco) 1 1/2" CB drop, 4x Innovation DOM tube sliders with kick outs, some extended brake lines,ATO front skid plate, ATO trans skid, ATO Hi Lift brackets, 60" Hi Lift jack and a pine tree air freshener.
    You are most likely right and I think the should put a note in the description some where because it doesn't take much to over extended them. I do believe the offer an up grade in the choices for shocks for the rear but at the time I didn't know any better. I guess the set up is good as long as you don't plan to take it off road.

I think I switching them out with some Icons and some wheeler bumps.

7. Jun 8, 2013 at 12:50 PM
    Justus

Justus fucks not given

Member:
    First Name:
    Nabisco the kid
    In ur toolbox
    Vehicle:
    not so low, not so slow 2006 6 lug
    stockish
    Indeed.....or check downsouth motorsports......

They have (I think they bolt on) icon air bumps.....u can adjust them to come in contact with the strike plates where u need them. I think they had a sale last month also.

Just off the top of my head, im headed out the door.......call Sonny or Micah Monday if ya need to know the specifics.

8. Jun 8, 2013 at 1:29 PM
    jrzyshore

Member:
    First Name:
    Scott
    SNJ
    Vehicle:
    Thanks, I will definitely be looking in to that. I picked up my TC UCAs from DSM those guys seem to know their shit.

Products Discussed in

To Top