Notices

Dealer reccomended lift

Old 06-08-2013, 06:51 AM   #1
Rubber Side Down
Glocker23 is on a distinguished road

EMS:
Glocker23's Tacoma Gallery
Dealer reccomended lift

Been reading a lot and got to talk to my dealer who has been doing lifts on Tacoma's and tundras. They did this one recently on a Tacoma with stock wheels and one size larger tires.

I have a 2012 dcsb sport.

They are dealing with toy tec and here is link they have used recently.

http://www.toyteclifts.com/index.php...mart&Itemid=72

OME Suspension lift kit
Front coil options: Med_885_coils
Top plate spacers: Add top plate spacers (+ $59.00)
Rear Options: ToyTec_add-a-leafs_for_TSB_springs
Front Diff drop kit: 4X4
Add Rear shock stone guards (Pair): NO
NEW! Assemble front shocks & coils with new bushings: Yes (+ $100.00)

This setup is $893.

They said prob looking at about 500-600 for install if I bring them the parts and new tires.

Is this a good setup for price. Any other setups I should do for a 3 inch lift with stock 17 rims
Old 06-08-2013, 07:06 AM   #2
UNDESTRUCTABLE
Imagine7721 has a spectacular aura aboutImagine7721 has a spectacular aura aboutImagine7721 has a spectacular aura about

Army: OIF 07-09, 09-11, OND 2011 3rd Battalion, 8th Cavalry Regiment, 1st Cavalry Division
Name: Casey
Imagine7721's Tacoma Gallery
My buddy and I were able to do the Toytec Ultimate Lift (with adjustable coil-overs) on my 06 in about 3 hours in his garage. I've had it on for just over 3 years now and only just recently replace the rear shocks after one of them busted a seal.
If the labor fee includes an alignment, I'd say that it's reasonable.
Old 06-08-2013, 07:20 AM   #3
jrzyshore is one of the sharper tools in the shedjrzyshore is one of the sharper tools in the shedjrzyshore is one of the sharper tools in the shedjrzyshore is one of the sharper tools in the shedjrzyshore is one of the sharper tools in the shedjrzyshore is one of the sharper tools in the shedjrzyshore is one of the sharper tools in the shedjrzyshore is one of the sharper tools in the shedjrzyshore is one of the sharper tools in the shedjrzyshore is one of the sharper tools in the shedjrzyshore is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Law Enforcement:
Name: Scott
jrzyshore's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Imagine7721 View Post
My buddy and I were able to do the Toytec Ultimate Lift (with adjustable coil-overs) on my 06 in about 3 hours in his garage. I've had it on for just over 3 years now and only just recently replace the rear shocks after one of them busted a seal.
If the labor fee includes an alignment, I'd say that it's reasonable.
The busted seal on the rear 5100s from Toytec seem to be a common problem maybe they should start selling the longer shocks with the lift instead of the stock hight shocks. For the price the OME set is the way to go. I should of spent the extra money and went with that set up.
Old 06-08-2013, 07:50 AM   #4
Mama says Tacoma World is da devil!
bjboucher is one of the sharper tools in the shedbjboucher is one of the sharper tools in the shedbjboucher is one of the sharper tools in the shedbjboucher is one of the sharper tools in the shedbjboucher is one of the sharper tools in the shedbjboucher is one of the sharper tools in the shedbjboucher is one of the sharper tools in the shedbjboucher is one of the sharper tools in the shedbjboucher is one of the sharper tools in the shedbjboucher is one of the sharper tools in the shedbjboucher is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Air Force:
Name: Brad
bjboucher's Tacoma Gallery
That's a pretty popular lift on here. I ordered mine from Wheelers Off Road on Thursday. Installing it in about 2 weeks. I added the better Dakar rear leafs though. For some reason Toytech is mixing new front shocks with old rear shocks. Wheelers has the new ones all the way around. Not sure if it makes much difference.

Edit: Also, I got a quote from an Off Road place here in town, $525 to install my lift if I went through them. That was also new upper control arms and extended rear brake lines.
Old 06-08-2013, 10:35 AM   #5
resident Apple Pie Monster
Justus is one of the sharper tools in the shedJustus is one of the sharper tools in the shedJustus is one of the sharper tools in the shedJustus is one of the sharper tools in the shedJustus is one of the sharper tools in the shedJustus is one of the sharper tools in the shedJustus is one of the sharper tools in the shedJustus is one of the sharper tools in the shedJustus is one of the sharper tools in the shedJustus is one of the sharper tools in the shedJustus is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Brock
Justus's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by jrzyshore View Post
The busted seal on the rear 5100s from Toytec seem to be a common problem maybe they should start selling the longer shocks with the lift instead of the stock hight shocks. For the price the OME set is the way to go. I should of spent the extra money and went with that set up.
Iirc there's the 0-1.5 rear

Then the 2-4

The longer shocks would mean toytec would have to come up with an alternative bumpstop to send with the kit to make it usable safely, or throw in a comment about the setup requiring new bumps/bump modification.

Otherwise the shocks will bottom out well before the bumps make contact.

I assume that's why they don't use the longer shocks.......

Sad because the 0-1.5 top out very easy and limit even stock droop.
Old 06-08-2013, 11:24 AM   #6
jrzyshore is one of the sharper tools in the shedjrzyshore is one of the sharper tools in the shedjrzyshore is one of the sharper tools in the shedjrzyshore is one of the sharper tools in the shedjrzyshore is one of the sharper tools in the shedjrzyshore is one of the sharper tools in the shedjrzyshore is one of the sharper tools in the shedjrzyshore is one of the sharper tools in the shedjrzyshore is one of the sharper tools in the shedjrzyshore is one of the sharper tools in the shedjrzyshore is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Law Enforcement:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Justus View Post
Iirc there's the 0-1.5 rear

Then the 2-4

The longer shocks would mean toytec would have to come up with an alternative bumpstop to send with the kit to make it usable safely, or throw in a comment about the setup requiring new bumps/bump modification.

Otherwise the shocks will bottom out well before the bumps make contact.

I assume that's why they don't use the longer shocks.......

Sad because the 0-1.5 top out very easy and limit even stock droop.
You are most likely right and I think the should put a note in the description some where because it doesn't take much to over extended them. I do believe the offer an up grade in the choices for shocks for the rear but at the time I didn't know any better. I guess the set up is good as long as you don't plan to take it off road.

I think I switching them out with some Icons and some wheeler bumps.
Old 06-08-2013, 12:50 PM   #7
resident Apple Pie Monster
Justus is one of the sharper tools in the shedJustus is one of the sharper tools in the shedJustus is one of the sharper tools in the shedJustus is one of the sharper tools in the shedJustus is one of the sharper tools in the shedJustus is one of the sharper tools in the shedJustus is one of the sharper tools in the shedJustus is one of the sharper tools in the shedJustus is one of the sharper tools in the shedJustus is one of the sharper tools in the shedJustus is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Brock
Justus's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by jrzyshore View Post
You are most likely right and I think the should put a note in the description some where because it doesn't take much to over extended them. I do believe the offer an up grade in the choices for shocks for the rear but at the time I didn't know any better. I guess the set up is good as long as you don't plan to take it off road.

I think I switching them out with some Icons and some wheeler bumps.
Indeed.....or check downsouth motorsports......

They have (I think they bolt on) icon air bumps.....u can adjust them to come in contact with the strike plates where u need them. I think they had a sale last month also.

Just off the top of my head, im headed out the door.......call Sonny or Micah Monday if ya need to know the specifics.
Old 06-08-2013, 01:29 PM   #8

Law Enforcement:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Justus View Post
Indeed.....or check downsouth motorsports......

They have (I think they bolt on) icon air bumps.....u can adjust them to come in contact with the strike plates where u need them. I think they had a sale last month also.

Just off the top of my head, im headed out the door.......call Sonny or Micah Monday if ya need to know the specifics.
Thanks, I will definitely be looking in to that. I picked up my TC UCAs from DSM those guys seem to know their shit.