Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > Suspension

Notices

ALL-Pro Leafs Rust?? Lemon Pack??

Old 06-10-2013, 10:31 AM   #1
NorthWest Member
J88logue is one of the sharper tools in the shedJ88logue is one of the sharper tools in the shedJ88logue is one of the sharper tools in the shedJ88logue is one of the sharper tools in the shedJ88logue is one of the sharper tools in the shedJ88logue is one of the sharper tools in the shedJ88logue is one of the sharper tools in the shedJ88logue is one of the sharper tools in the shedJ88logue is one of the sharper tools in the shedJ88logue is one of the sharper tools in the shedJ88logue is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Jonnie
J88logue's Tacoma Gallery
ALL-Pro Leafs Rust?? Lemon Pack??

I put these "brand new" leafs on when i lifted my rig a few months ago (maybe a few thousand miles on the suspension) I was hinted that i may have a lemon pack due to it's stiffness and firm height in the back.

Anyways i was cleaning everything yesterday and when i took the tires off i notices all of the rust - not sure why

I live no where near salt water and i have done very little off pavement since the new lift.
(Leafs are a bit wet from the water) It may look like dirt but i assure you it's not.

Since i'm here i may as well post this up: There was some controversy over my leafs being a lemon pack as well due to their lack of sag even when towing, they are indeed the "standard leafs" as verified by the code on the packs themselves

Old 06-12-2013, 02:22 AM   #3
distinguished bongo truck art critic
Mxpatriot is one of the sharper tools in the shedMxpatriot is one of the sharper tools in the shedMxpatriot is one of the sharper tools in the shedMxpatriot is one of the sharper tools in the shedMxpatriot is one of the sharper tools in the shedMxpatriot is one of the sharper tools in the shedMxpatriot is one of the sharper tools in the shedMxpatriot is one of the sharper tools in the shedMxpatriot is one of the sharper tools in the shedMxpatriot is one of the sharper tools in the shedMxpatriot is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Army: Military Police Platoon Leader
Name: Chase
Mxpatriot's Tacoma Gallery
All of All Pro's products rust from my experience.
Old 06-12-2013, 09:56 AM   #4
NorthWest Member
J88logue is one of the sharper tools in the shedJ88logue is one of the sharper tools in the shedJ88logue is one of the sharper tools in the shedJ88logue is one of the sharper tools in the shedJ88logue is one of the sharper tools in the shedJ88logue is one of the sharper tools in the shedJ88logue is one of the sharper tools in the shedJ88logue is one of the sharper tools in the shedJ88logue is one of the sharper tools in the shedJ88logue is one of the sharper tools in the shedJ88logue is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Quote:
Originally Posted by 4WD View Post
You sure you don't live in a rust belt ?? Looking at your Ubolt, its rusted to shit !!.....
My stock leafs weren't rusted when i pulled them off...
Old 06-12-2013, 10:02 AM   #5
I've seen things you people wouldn't believe ....
OZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Peter North
OZ-T's Tacoma Gallery
That's fuck all , you should see under my truck
Old 06-20-2013, 03:01 PM   #6
allpro is one of the sharper tools in the shedallpro is one of the sharper tools in the shedallpro is one of the sharper tools in the shedallpro is one of the sharper tools in the shedallpro is one of the sharper tools in the shedallpro is one of the sharper tools in the shedallpro is one of the sharper tools in the shedallpro is one of the sharper tools in the shedallpro is one of the sharper tools in the shedallpro is one of the sharper tools in the shedallpro is one of the sharper tools in the shed

allpro's Tacoma Gallery
OP:

Metal does rust, and it looks like other parts are rusted as well. However, if you think it is abnormal and the lift is too high, then please contact us to start a warranty claim. Our spring manufacturer offers a 1-year warranty against manufacturer's defects, of which we have had less than .5%! Thank you.
Old 06-20-2013, 03:48 PM   #7
NorthWest Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by allpro View Post
Metal does rust, and it looks like other parts are rusted as well. However, if you think it is abnormal and the lift is too high, then please contact us to start a warranty claim. Our spring manufacturer offers a 1-year warranty against manufacturer's defects, of which we have had less than .5%! Thank you.
I agree bare metal should/would rust. But how on earth does all of this paint come off and rust in less than a year... that's odd to me. Especially when my stock leafs were 10 years old with ZERO rust.
Old 06-20-2013, 04:01 PM   #8
Dan
YotaDan is one of the sharper tools in the shedYotaDan is one of the sharper tools in the shedYotaDan is one of the sharper tools in the shedYotaDan is one of the sharper tools in the shedYotaDan is one of the sharper tools in the shedYotaDan is one of the sharper tools in the shedYotaDan is one of the sharper tools in the shedYotaDan is one of the sharper tools in the shedYotaDan is one of the sharper tools in the shedYotaDan is one of the sharper tools in the shedYotaDan is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Dan
YotaDan's Tacoma Gallery
Rust happens. Would be awesome if there was an affordable way to completely eliminate it. I would just power wash them. Let them dry all the way, and hit them with a $4 can of Rust-Oleum.
Old 06-20-2013, 04:04 PM   #9
NorthWest Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by YotaDan View Post
Rust happens. Would be awesome if there was an affordable way to completely eliminate it. I would just power wash them. Let them dry all the way, and hit them with a $4 can of Rust-Oleum.
That's my favorite stuff!!!!! Just used 4 cans on a trailer

Maybe i'll paint the packs pink
Old 06-21-2013, 10:17 AM   #10
allpro is one of the sharper tools in the shedallpro is one of the sharper tools in the shedallpro is one of the sharper tools in the shedallpro is one of the sharper tools in the shedallpro is one of the sharper tools in the shedallpro is one of the sharper tools in the shedallpro is one of the sharper tools in the shedallpro is one of the sharper tools in the shedallpro is one of the sharper tools in the shedallpro is one of the sharper tools in the shedallpro is one of the sharper tools in the shed

allpro's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by J88logue View Post
I agree bare metal should/would rust. But how on earth does all of this paint come off and rust in less than a year... that's odd to me. Especially when my stock leafs were 10 years old with ZERO rust.
Suspension components are exposed to a lot of elements that can be detrimental to the finish. Again, if you feel that there is a problem, please contact us to start a warranty claim. Only then can we get the proper information to make the appropriate determination. Thank you.
Old 06-21-2013, 06:40 PM   #11
Neighborhood Know-it-all
Box Rocket is one of the sharper tools in the shedBox Rocket is one of the sharper tools in the shedBox Rocket is one of the sharper tools in the shedBox Rocket is one of the sharper tools in the shedBox Rocket is one of the sharper tools in the shedBox Rocket is one of the sharper tools in the shedBox Rocket is one of the sharper tools in the shedBox Rocket is one of the sharper tools in the shedBox Rocket is one of the sharper tools in the shedBox Rocket is one of the sharper tools in the shedBox Rocket is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Adam
Box Rocket's Tacoma Gallery
Even though you don't live in the "rust belt" you do live in Oregon that is a pretty wet state (unless you live on the eastern side or Oregon). Even if you don't go offroad much there is a lot of road debris that get kicked up from regular driving and can basically sandblast your undercarriage. To me the rust on the leaves looks normal for what I see on leaf springs. Did you reuse your stock ubolts when you put the AllPro leaves on? Because your ubolts looks extremely rusty which tells me your environment is very wet and you are dealing with road debris, and possibly salted roads. The fact that the ubolts are that rusted tells me that the springs are not "lemon" springs as far as rust goes.

If they are not flexing like they should that is another matter and Allpro has asked you to contact them to discuss options.

Also you need to remember that leaf springs are constantly moving and rubbing on each other that will expose bare metal over time which is going to rust. That's just how it goes.

I normally take a wire brush to my springs once a year and give them a fresh coat of paint to keep them looking decent and protected.

Example:

My springs this past february. Pretty rusty and dirty from the winter driving (all on road).

Same springs about a month ago when I did a ubolt flip. When things were apart I wire brushed and painted them.