1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

Installing this weekend: 5100s front (@1.75) & back & 1.5" Icon aal advice please!!!!

Discussion in 'Suspension' started by StreetTaco4Me, Jun 10, 2013.

1. Jun 10, 2013 at 10:02 AM
    StreetTaco4Me

StreetTaco4Me [OP] Taco Shot

Member:
    First Name:
    Bryan
    Ventura County, So. Cal.
    Vehicle:
    2001 4runner SR5
    looking to replace shocks and add spacer lift...I do not off road at all just like the height of a lift
    Hey everyone...I have used the search function and read a lot of the other threads on 5100s and aal install...had a few questions particular to my situation if you don't mind helping out with any install advice or link me to a thread I may have missed that discusses my situation...

I am intalling the 5100s on all 4 corners and the 1.5" Icon progressive aal in the back

I am going to be helping a buddy of mine who has replaced a suspension on a ford truck before, so he has some knowledge as well but I want to know everything going in just in case he is not doing correctly or I see something amiss

the questions I have:

1. in replacing the shocks, what is involved? do we need a spring compressor? or is replacing the shock a fairly simple process?

2. will I need to get an alignment done if I set the front at 1.75"?

3. anything about the ICON aal that would pose a different install than any other aal?

thanks in advance for your answers

Products Discussed in

To Top