Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > Suspension

Notices

Need to confirm...Sorry for rehashing

Old 06-12-2013, 04:17 AM   #1
samer312 will become famous soon enough
Name: Sam
samer312's Tacoma Gallery
Need to confirm...Sorry for rehashing

Want to replace some of my suspension because it rides like crap and it looks likes its lowered

with some ome shocks and coils (without spacers) how much lift can get? I want to know because need to figure out how much of an aal lift I will need. Also with this setup will I need to extend the brake lines?

Thanks any sorry for asking the obvious-so much information on lifts, sorta hard to find what you need
Old 06-12-2013, 04:42 AM   #2
flatblack is one of the sharper tools in the shedflatblack is one of the sharper tools in the shedflatblack is one of the sharper tools in the shedflatblack is one of the sharper tools in the shedflatblack is one of the sharper tools in the shedflatblack is one of the sharper tools in the shedflatblack is one of the sharper tools in the shedflatblack is one of the sharper tools in the shedflatblack is one of the sharper tools in the shedflatblack is one of the sharper tools in the shedflatblack is one of the sharper tools in the shed

flatblack's Tacoma Gallery
http://www.wheelersoffroad.com/ometaco.htm

this site will tell you how much lift you can expect per coil you choose

EDIT: looks like this is for 95-04; i would imagine it's gotta be right around the same, though
Old 06-12-2013, 06:51 AM   #3
Mama says Tacoma World is da devil!
bjboucher is one of the sharper tools in the shedbjboucher is one of the sharper tools in the shedbjboucher is one of the sharper tools in the shedbjboucher is one of the sharper tools in the shedbjboucher is one of the sharper tools in the shedbjboucher is one of the sharper tools in the shedbjboucher is one of the sharper tools in the shedbjboucher is one of the sharper tools in the shedbjboucher is one of the sharper tools in the shedbjboucher is one of the sharper tools in the shedbjboucher is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Air Force:
Name: Brad
bjboucher's Tacoma Gallery
OME claims you get 2" from their full kit but it's really more like 2.5" from what everyone is reporting on here.

This is the wheeler's site for the 2nd gen tacoma:
http://www.wheelersoffroad.com/05upometaco.htm
Old 06-12-2013, 07:03 AM   #4
Mr Salty is one of the sharper tools in the shedMr Salty is one of the sharper tools in the shedMr Salty is one of the sharper tools in the shedMr Salty is one of the sharper tools in the shedMr Salty is one of the sharper tools in the shedMr Salty is one of the sharper tools in the shedMr Salty is one of the sharper tools in the shedMr Salty is one of the sharper tools in the shedMr Salty is one of the sharper tools in the shedMr Salty is one of the sharper tools in the shedMr Salty is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Hermmy
Mr Salty's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by samer312 View Post
Want to replace some of my suspension because it rides like crap and it looks likes its lowered

with some ome shocks and coils (without spacers) how much lift can get? I want to know because need to figure out how much of an aal lift I will need. Also with this setup will I need to extend the brake lines?

Thanks any sorry for asking the obvious-so much information on lifts, sorta hard to find what you need
You have a prerunner, why not get lift spindles? Coil lifts are no good in terms of ride quality. Unless your coils need to be replaced really bad, I wouldn't do coils.
Old 06-12-2013, 07:35 AM   #5
Pasti-Dip Free Since 1983
Pugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Mike
Pugga's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr Salty View Post
You have a prerunner, why not get lift spindles? Coil lifts are no good in terms of ride quality. Unless your coils need to be replaced really bad, I wouldn't do coils.
I disagree with you 100% on that. I think the lift coils and better shocks ride 1,000x better than stock. The stock suspension is soft up front and bouncy in the rear. Stiffer coils paired with properly valved shocks keep the ride much more controlled, reduce body roll in corners and also reduce brake induced nose dive.

If you want over 3" of lift with a Prerunner, I would agree that spindles are a great option. If you think the stock ride is poor, spindles won't change that.
Old 06-12-2013, 09:05 AM   #6
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pugga View Post
I disagree with you 100% on that. I think the lift coils and better shocks ride 1,000x better than stock. The stock suspension is soft up front and bouncy in the rear. Stiffer coils paired with properly valved shocks keep the ride much more controlled, reduce body roll in corners and also reduce brake induced nose dive.

If you want over 3" of lift with a Prerunner, I would agree that spindles are a great option. If you think the stock ride is poor, spindles won't change that.
That's why I asked, would i like a lift?-sure, but I have 120,000 on the odometer and the truck is starting to have major body role/look about a half in shorter in the front compared to stock (to much driving in dc...).

So would just coils and shocks give me three inches-just want to know for rear lifting purposes, and would I HAVE to get new brake lines?
Old 06-12-2013, 09:12 AM   #7
Pasti-Dip Free Since 1983
Pugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Mike
Pugga's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by samer312 View Post
That's why I asked, would i like a lift?-sure, but I have 120,000 on the odometer and the truck is starting to have major body role/look about a half in shorter in the front compared to stock (to much driving in dc...).

So would just coils and shocks give me three inches-just want to know for rear lifting purposes, and would I HAVE to get new brake lines?
Check out the OME lift kit with Light Racing upper control arms. That will get you to 3" of lift. For the rear, either an AAL or replacement leaf pack. A leaf pack would be better but not everyone wants to drop that kind of money on a lift. The OME kit for the front does not require new brake lines, depending on what you do for the rear, brake lines might be required, just depends on how tall you go. Most people won't put the same lift front and back. The rear usually gets a little less lift so the truck rides level.

If you could find some new front coil/shock take-offs, a spindle lift is a great way to lift a Prerunner. If you liked the suspension when it was new and stock, that would be a good way to go. If not, start looking aftermarket!
Old 06-12-2013, 09:40 AM   #8
thanks for the help