Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > Suspension

Notices

Looks better than it rides

Old 06-15-2013, 06:22 PM   #21
I'll be your huckleberry!
Millertime187 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMillertime187 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMillertime187 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMillertime187 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMillertime187 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMillertime187 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMillertime187 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMillertime187 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMillertime187 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMillertime187 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMillertime187 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Army: Iraq vet
Name: David
Millertime187's Tacoma Gallery
Looks better than it rides

Quote:
Originally Posted by OZ-T View Post
what's a catty ?
Cadillac!

Prob should have been caddy! My bad!
Old 06-17-2013, 05:50 AM   #22
Goosedog is one of the sharper tools in the shedGoosedog is one of the sharper tools in the shedGoosedog is one of the sharper tools in the shedGoosedog is one of the sharper tools in the shedGoosedog is one of the sharper tools in the shedGoosedog is one of the sharper tools in the shedGoosedog is one of the sharper tools in the shedGoosedog is one of the sharper tools in the shedGoosedog is one of the sharper tools in the shedGoosedog is one of the sharper tools in the shedGoosedog is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Goosedog's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by PMK View Post
What does happen when you add preload is raise the truck, yes, obvious. Also what happens is this changes the suspensions roll center. Roll center is a critical handling trait that somewhat kind of sort of determines how the truck or car sets in the turn. Roll centers will move as the vehicle experiences cornering loads, body roll, suspension movement under acceleration and decelleration. Roll center is not CG, but a series of vectors or lines that are drawn through the suspension pivot, both upper and lower suspension points and calculate an intersection of the points. This point is the axis of chassis roll and it is constantly changing. Yes there are other factors such as CG, sidewall flex, swaybar influence and so forth.
Thanks for all the replies and some rep too. This quote above, makes the most sense to me. As I drove it more over the last few days it began to feel more stable. Some of my initial reaction may have been knee-jerk due to the new-ness of the changed suspension. I am trying to get the local dealers cooperation on TSB-ing my rear springs now and I'll post up any changes they make if I'm successful. If the dealer won't play then I'll go with XXXX's suggestion of Wheelers AAL's
Old 06-17-2013, 02:00 PM   #23
thinkingman is one of the sharper tools in the shedthinkingman is one of the sharper tools in the shedthinkingman is one of the sharper tools in the shedthinkingman is one of the sharper tools in the shedthinkingman is one of the sharper tools in the shedthinkingman is one of the sharper tools in the shedthinkingman is one of the sharper tools in the shedthinkingman is one of the sharper tools in the shedthinkingman is one of the sharper tools in the shedthinkingman is one of the sharper tools in the shedthinkingman is one of the sharper tools in the shed
thinkingman's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by XXXX View Post
so does every other OME truck....but that shit lasts and is dependable and not pricey
My 883's and 3rd leaf-less Dakars with 5100s all around ride pretty nice.
Michelin LTX tires help, too.
Old 06-17-2013, 03:41 PM   #24
hygieneboy will become famous soon enough

Navy: Sub Pilot
hygieneboy's Tacoma Gallery
My 5100's on stock springs at OEM ride height is a huge improvement in comfort from stock. My stock ride quality was pretty harsh over bumps/potholes. My dealer initially screwed up my install but now that everything is installed correctly it truly feels like a Cadillac in comparison especially in the rear. If anyone is wanting to improve their ride quality to a softer more controlled feel and take away the harshness I highly recommend 5100's at stock height on OEM springs. :jellydanc e:
Old 06-17-2013, 04:21 PM   #25
Token
Fluffymonkey is one of the sharper tools in the shedFluffymonkey is one of the sharper tools in the shedFluffymonkey is one of the sharper tools in the shedFluffymonkey is one of the sharper tools in the shedFluffymonkey is one of the sharper tools in the shedFluffymonkey is one of the sharper tools in the shedFluffymonkey is one of the sharper tools in the shedFluffymonkey is one of the sharper tools in the shedFluffymonkey is one of the sharper tools in the shedFluffymonkey is one of the sharper tools in the shedFluffymonkey is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Matt
Fluffymonkey's Tacoma Gallery
I had a similar experience with OME coils on my last truck. Felt stiff as hell at first and then it grew on me and I actually loved the lack of body roll given by the stiffer OME coils --felt more solid and in control. Now that I have a stock truck again I can't believe how plush it is and I decided to stick with stock suspension (just lift spindles) this time around.