Notices

need sway bay end link torque specs asap

Old 06-15-2013, 02:55 PM   #1
Taco Shot
StreetTaco4Me is on a distinguished road
Name: Bryan
StreetTaco4Me's Tacoma Gallery
need sway bay end link torque specs asap

I am in the middle of an install of 5100s right now can someone please tell me the proper torque specs in foot pounds for the end links of the sway bar in the front...I searched but could not find anything...please help asap
Old 06-15-2013, 02:57 PM   #2
Fortified with horsepower-adding goodness...
WHPLSH3 is one of the sharper tools in the shedWHPLSH3 is one of the sharper tools in the shedWHPLSH3 is one of the sharper tools in the shedWHPLSH3 is one of the sharper tools in the shedWHPLSH3 is one of the sharper tools in the shedWHPLSH3 is one of the sharper tools in the shedWHPLSH3 is one of the sharper tools in the shedWHPLSH3 is one of the sharper tools in the shedWHPLSH3 is one of the sharper tools in the shedWHPLSH3 is one of the sharper tools in the shedWHPLSH3 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Vance
WHPLSH3's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by StreetTaco4Me View Post
I am in the middle of an install of 5100s right now can someone please tell me the proper torque specs in foot pounds for the end links of the sway bar in the front...I searched but could not find anything...please help asap
52 foot pounds. Quick enough?
Old 06-15-2013, 03:03 PM   #3
Taco Shot
Wahoo...u r fast...

there are two nuts on the end link that I am seeing one that attaches to sway bar and the other attaches to the spindle

Is that 52lbs for both nuts? Or is there a different specs for each?
Old 06-15-2013, 03:12 PM   #4
Taco Shot
Yes on west loop?...come on by
Old 06-15-2013, 03:13 PM   #5
Superior Member
707tothe907 is one of the sharper tools in the shed707tothe907 is one of the sharper tools in the shed707tothe907 is one of the sharper tools in the shed707tothe907 is one of the sharper tools in the shed707tothe907 is one of the sharper tools in the shed707tothe907 is one of the sharper tools in the shed707tothe907 is one of the sharper tools in the shed707tothe907 is one of the sharper tools in the shed707tothe907 is one of the sharper tools in the shed707tothe907 is one of the sharper tools in the shed707tothe907 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Jake
707tothe907's Tacoma Gallery
Small world!!! How funny!!
Old 06-15-2013, 03:17 PM   #6
Fortified with horsepower-adding goodness...
WHPLSH3 is one of the sharper tools in the shedWHPLSH3 is one of the sharper tools in the shedWHPLSH3 is one of the sharper tools in the shedWHPLSH3 is one of the sharper tools in the shedWHPLSH3 is one of the sharper tools in the shedWHPLSH3 is one of the sharper tools in the shedWHPLSH3 is one of the sharper tools in the shedWHPLSH3 is one of the sharper tools in the shedWHPLSH3 is one of the sharper tools in the shedWHPLSH3 is one of the sharper tools in the shedWHPLSH3 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Vance
WHPLSH3's Tacoma Gallery
Aww... I love it when things work out
Old 06-15-2013, 03:22 PM   #7
Taco Shot
Sweet
Old 06-16-2013, 02:01 PM   #8
Taco Shot
Quote:
Originally Posted by DK2006Yota View Post
For a fellow ventura county resident. You're not by chance in Camarillo? Theres a 2013 white brand new with its wheels off down the street from me...

Gotta give mad props to the entire tacomaworld.com community and let everyone how awesome this site is...also a great appreciation goes out to Drew (DK2006Yota) who came by and provided a fellow tacoma owner with some much needed help and advice on what turned out to be a difficult install of 5100s front and back and a progressive aal in rear as well...Drew came by at just the right time to help us out and bring some tools and knowledge and we would not have been able to complete the install without him...and we would not been able to connect if not for this forum...I appreciate it Drew...thanks again!

everything is installed...

I need to get an alignment done badly though as I have a new truck only 500 miles on it and the front springs need to settle a bit from the install because I got about 3"inches of lift even though we set the spring to 1.75" setting. Is it extremely abnormal that I would have additional lift with new springs? We were very careful to install correctly so I do not think there was anything wrong with the install...
Old 06-16-2013, 04:31 PM   #9
splitbolt is a glorious beacon of lightsplitbolt is a glorious beacon of lightsplitbolt is a glorious beacon of lightsplitbolt is a glorious beacon of lightsplitbolt is a glorious beacon of lightsplitbolt is a glorious beacon of light

splitbolt's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Gotta give mad props to the entire tacomaworld.com community and let everyone how awesome this site is...also a great appreciation goes out to Drew (DK2006Yota) who came by and provided a fellow tacoma owner with some much needed help and advice on what turned out to be a difficult install of 5100s front and back and a progressive aal in rear as well...Drew came by at just the right time to help us out and bring some tools and knowledge and we would not have been able to complete the install without him...and we would not been able to connect if not for this forum...I appreciate it Drew...thanks again!

everything is installed...

I need to get an alignment done badly though as I have a new truck only 500 miles on it and the front springs need to settle a bit from the install because I got about 3"inches of lift even though we set the spring to 1.75" setting. Is it extremely abnormal that I would have additional lift with new springs? We were very careful to install correctly so I do not think there was anything wrong with the install...
Spring cups installed correctly on the shock?
Old 06-17-2013, 12:00 AM   #10
Taco Shot
Quote:
Originally Posted by splitbolt View Post
Spring cups installed correctly on the shock?
at the bottom of the spring...where the spring rests? we installed the way the instructions showed...as far as the top configuration we just replicated the stock set up for everything above the spring...

so yeah to my knowledge and research the perch where the spings rests at the bottom of the spring is in right and all the stuff above the spring is the same as stock...

could it be that because the truck has less than 500 miles on it the springs need some time to settle?
Old 06-17-2013, 12:04 AM   #11
flatblack is one of the sharper tools in the shedflatblack is one of the sharper tools in the shedflatblack is one of the sharper tools in the shedflatblack is one of the sharper tools in the shedflatblack is one of the sharper tools in the shedflatblack is one of the sharper tools in the shedflatblack is one of the sharper tools in the shedflatblack is one of the sharper tools in the shedflatblack is one of the sharper tools in the shedflatblack is one of the sharper tools in the shedflatblack is one of the sharper tools in the shed

flatblack's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by DK2006Yota View Post
For a fellow ventura county resident. You're not by chance in Camarillo? Theres a 2013 white brand new with its wheels off down the street from me...

Quote:
Yes on west loop?...come on by
Awesome!
It's a TacomaWorld afterall
Old 06-18-2013, 08:34 PM   #12
Taco Shot
Lift has settled a bit now at 2" lift on the 1.75" setting...with 1.5" icon aal I could not be happier