Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > Suspension

Notices

UCA/lift questions

Old 06-16-2013, 01:47 AM   #1
ryantaco is a splendid one to beholdryantaco is a splendid one to beholdryantaco is a splendid one to beholdryantaco is a splendid one to beholdryantaco is a splendid one to beholdryantaco is a splendid one to beholdryantaco is a splendid one to behold

ryantaco's Tacoma Gallery
UCA/lift questions

If i plan on leveling my truck with 5100's all around or just in the front am i going to need new UCA's or just alignment?
Old 06-16-2013, 02:21 AM   #3
Ninjayota will become famous soon enoughNinjayota will become famous soon enough
Ninjayota's Tacoma Gallery
So how high can you go without having to mess with the uca?
Old 06-16-2013, 02:31 AM   #4
Pineapples on pizza Hawaiian does not it make.
Konaborne is one of the sharper tools in the shedKonaborne is one of the sharper tools in the shedKonaborne is one of the sharper tools in the shedKonaborne is one of the sharper tools in the shedKonaborne is one of the sharper tools in the shedKonaborne is one of the sharper tools in the shedKonaborne is one of the sharper tools in the shedKonaborne is one of the sharper tools in the shedKonaborne is one of the sharper tools in the shedKonaborne is one of the sharper tools in the shedKonaborne is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Cody
Konaborne's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ninjayota View Post
general rule is 2.5"

I was at 3.5" before I swapped my UCA (in-process now), didn't have any major problems besides blown CV boots.

but that's a different story

but every truck is different. Some people will be fine, some will get vibes
Old 06-16-2013, 04:45 AM   #5
PMK is one of the sharper tools in the shedPMK is one of the sharper tools in the shedPMK is one of the sharper tools in the shedPMK is one of the sharper tools in the shedPMK is one of the sharper tools in the shedPMK is one of the sharper tools in the shedPMK is one of the sharper tools in the shedPMK is one of the sharper tools in the shedPMK is one of the sharper tools in the shedPMK is one of the sharper tools in the shedPMK is one of the sharper tools in the shed

PMK's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Konaborne View Post
general rule is 2.5"

I was at 3.5" before I swapped my UCA (in-process now), didn't have any major problems besides blown CV boots.

but that's a different story

but every truck is different. Some people will be fine, some will get vibes
Wouldn't the year of the vehicle make a difference? I am under the impression your info is in regards to an early Tacoma while the OP is asking about a late style Tacoma.

PK
Old 06-16-2013, 06:36 AM   #6
Mama says Tacoma World is da devil!
bjboucher is one of the sharper tools in the shedbjboucher is one of the sharper tools in the shedbjboucher is one of the sharper tools in the shedbjboucher is one of the sharper tools in the shedbjboucher is one of the sharper tools in the shedbjboucher is one of the sharper tools in the shedbjboucher is one of the sharper tools in the shedbjboucher is one of the sharper tools in the shedbjboucher is one of the sharper tools in the shedbjboucher is one of the sharper tools in the shedbjboucher is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Air Force:
Name: Brad
bjboucher's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ninjayota View Post
About 2.5" is the max and that is pushing it from everything you'll read on here.
Old 06-16-2013, 04:07 PM   #7
Pineapples on pizza Hawaiian does not it make.
Konaborne is one of the sharper tools in the shedKonaborne is one of the sharper tools in the shedKonaborne is one of the sharper tools in the shedKonaborne is one of the sharper tools in the shedKonaborne is one of the sharper tools in the shedKonaborne is one of the sharper tools in the shedKonaborne is one of the sharper tools in the shedKonaborne is one of the sharper tools in the shedKonaborne is one of the sharper tools in the shedKonaborne is one of the sharper tools in the shedKonaborne is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Cody
Konaborne's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by PMK View Post
Wouldn't the year of the vehicle make a difference? I am under the impression your info is in regards to an early Tacoma while the OP is asking about a late style Tacoma.

PK
not really. our vehicles all have the same suspensions; sans differently placed bolt holes and model specific hardware

lifting affects both ifs systems the same
Old 06-16-2013, 04:15 PM   #8
661prerunner has a spectacular aura about661prerunner has a spectacular aura about

661prerunner's Tacoma Gallery
I am at about 3 or a bit less and no vibes just recently started getting neg camber wear on my tires. But also in the process of UCAs and spindles to lower my preload
Old 06-29-2013, 11:04 PM   #9
ryantaco is a splendid one to beholdryantaco is a splendid one to beholdryantaco is a splendid one to beholdryantaco is a splendid one to beholdryantaco is a splendid one to beholdryantaco is a splendid one to beholdryantaco is a splendid one to behold

ryantaco's Tacoma Gallery
Whats the biggest wheel size i could run with that kind of lift?