Notices

6" Suspension Lift Build Help

Old 06-16-2013, 05:39 PM   #1
FixItTicket is on a distinguished road
EMS:
Name: Kyle
FixItTicket's Tacoma Gallery
6" Suspension Lift Build Help

So I have a 2013 Tacoma TRD Sport DCSB and I am in the process of piecing together a suspension lift that will ultimately be about 6" of lift. If you think that the pro comp or fabtech 6" lifts are the best option please let me know but I've heard that if you piece together your kit you can achieve a better quality lift.

http://www.tacomaworld.com/forum/2nd...trd-sport.html

so I'm trying to find the best components for this type of lift... for the front I think I'm going to need coil overs, UCA (if you think I need it) and 4" spindles or if you think there's a better method for front suspension lift for that's fine too. For the rear leaf pack, and rear shocks I just want to know what components would be the best for offroading or if you think there's a better route to achieve the best offroading capability, I don't want to spend a ton of money on a full LT kit but I definitely want something that's off-road worthy and I want 35" tires which is the whole reason for the 6" lift. Please let me know what you guys have done or what you think/any suggestions are much appreciated. Sorry if there's a thread already on this stuff but I looked and I couldn't find anything.
Old 08-06-2013, 11:08 AM   #2
Tac000 is on a distinguished road
Name: Paul
Tac000's Tacoma Gallery
The tallest rear leafs I know of are the AllPro ones, the Expedition model should provide 4" of rear lift.

https://www.allprooffroad.com/05taco...omaleafsprings
Old 08-06-2013, 05:41 PM   #3
AaronArf is one of the sharper tools in the shedAaronArf is one of the sharper tools in the shedAaronArf is one of the sharper tools in the shedAaronArf is one of the sharper tools in the shedAaronArf is one of the sharper tools in the shedAaronArf is one of the sharper tools in the shedAaronArf is one of the sharper tools in the shedAaronArf is one of the sharper tools in the shedAaronArf is one of the sharper tools in the shedAaronArf is one of the sharper tools in the shedAaronArf is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Navy:
Name: Aaron
AaronArf's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tac000 View Post
The tallest rear leafs I know of are the AllPro ones, the Expedition model should provide 4" of rear lift.

https://www.allprooffroad.com/05taco...omaleafsprings
You can get leaf packs from Alcan springs or Deaver custom made for whatever lift height and specifications.

Edit: Wow old thread. Tac000... Why did you bump such an old post.
Old 08-07-2013, 04:59 AM   #4
Tac000 is on a distinguished road
Name: Paul
Tac000's Tacoma Gallery
I used google as my search engine, and I figured two months wasn't that old.