Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > Suspension

Notices

complete noob to alignment and some info on 5100s that were just installed

Old 06-18-2013, 12:04 AM   #21
Taco Shot
StreetTaco4Me is on a distinguished road
Name: Bryan
StreetTaco4Me's Tacoma Gallery
in addition to my other questions here...is the rear alignment looking ok?

I am going to go to the firestone in the next city over tomorrow to hopefully put this issue to rest...what a nightmare I just want an alignment and it is a fricken circus!
Old 06-18-2013, 06:33 AM   #22
LRGRNR
Sandman614 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSandman614 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSandman614 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSandman614 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSandman614 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSandman614 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSandman614 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSandman614 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSandman614 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSandman614 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSandman614 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Sandman614's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by StreetTaco4Me View Post
in addition to my other questions here...is the rear alignment looking ok?

I am going to go to the firestone in the next city over tomorrow to hopefully put this issue to rest...what a nightmare I just want an alignment and it is a fricken circus!
I hope you get a better tech at the next place. I used to work for firestone and it's sad to see them doing this kind of work.

The rear looks fine. There's not a whole lot you can do with the rear on these trucks. The centering pin for the leafs is centered on the axle keeping it from moving, unless it breaks.
Old 06-18-2013, 06:51 AM   #23
Pasti-Dip Free Since 1983
Pugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Mike
Pugga's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by StreetTaco4Me View Post
Awesome thanks everyone (especially pugga) I will insist on the closest to 0 for toe and camber and ask them to max the caster based on those 2 specs and hope to get close to 2.4...at least if they could get it to the low on spec I would be hopeful but seems it's not even close...

with regard to these numbers so long as my toe and camber are good...as I am understanding this the caster is more of a feel thing?

So if my caster numbers do not meet spec for some reason but it drives fine is that what really matters or is there risk to the components of the suspension is the caster does not meet spec as well?
Yes, camber and toe being out of spec will eat up tires. Caster can be way out of spec but will not affect tire wear, it can make the truck feel squirrely though. If you have toe and camber very close to 0 and a low caster number but you think it drives fine, I'd say go with it. It's not going to hurt anything or cause any damage.
Old 06-18-2013, 07:19 AM   #24
JRFugitt is a splendid one to beholdJRFugitt is a splendid one to beholdJRFugitt is a splendid one to beholdJRFugitt is a splendid one to beholdJRFugitt is a splendid one to beholdJRFugitt is a splendid one to beholdJRFugitt is a splendid one to behold
Army: DOD Civilian
Name: Justin
JRFugitt's Tacoma Gallery
This^
Old 06-18-2013, 09:50 AM   #25
Taco Shot
OK cool...that does help for sure...I will be sure to keep those toe and camber #s at 0 and then monitor the drive based on the caster and see if I feel uncomfortable with it...hopefully they will just get the caster into the correct spec even if it is on the low end...that would at least give me some confidence going forward.

thanks for everyone's help on this.
Old 06-18-2013, 03:08 PM   #26
Taco Shot
3rd attempt seems more successful...I guess...sacrificed some camber for some caster...lmk what you guys think...I talke to dewsk guy for about 15 minutes they definitely gave more effort to get it into spec than the previous store...it all seems in spec for now...I will ride it for a week or two and tke it in again if I need to adjust it but for now I think I am ok...any other thoughts are appreciated...
Attached Thumbnails
complete noob to alignment and some info on 5100s that were just installed-tacoma-3rd-alignment-after-lift.jpg  
Old 06-18-2013, 05:24 PM   #27
ncooper is on a distinguished road
Coast Guard:
Name: Nick
ncooper's Tacoma Gallery
I recently installed 5100's @1.75 and took my truck in for an alignment. After reading this thread I went and found my alignment specs and was not happy with what I saw. Took my truck back to Les Schwab and asked for 0/0/2.5 and they got pretty close, the tech informed me the camber adjustment was maxed out. Thanks for all the great info, also this is my first post.
Attached Files
File Type: pdf alignment1.pdf (487.7 KB, 26 views)
File Type: pdf alignment2.pdf (461.4 KB, 38 views)
Old 06-18-2013, 08:17 PM   #28
BBtacosurfer is one of the sharper tools in the shedBBtacosurfer is one of the sharper tools in the shedBBtacosurfer is one of the sharper tools in the shedBBtacosurfer is one of the sharper tools in the shedBBtacosurfer is one of the sharper tools in the shedBBtacosurfer is one of the sharper tools in the shedBBtacosurfer is one of the sharper tools in the shedBBtacosurfer is one of the sharper tools in the shedBBtacosurfer is one of the sharper tools in the shedBBtacosurfer is one of the sharper tools in the shedBBtacosurfer is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Dave
BBtacosurfer's Tacoma Gallery
Good info guys! I need to get an alignment done tomorrow. Will be using this info