Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > Suspension

Notices

Any oppionions of this suspension? Zone

View Poll Results: Do you approve of this suspension kit?
Yes 1 5.26%
No 13 68.42%
Dont know anything about it but why not go for it, let me know how it turns out. 5 26.32%
Voters: 19. You may not vote on this poll

Old 06-17-2013, 05:11 PM   #1
P33Rob is on a distinguished road

Army: Infantry 2nd ID, 4th ID, 10th MTN
Name: Rob
P33Rob's Tacoma Gallery
Any oppionions of this suspension? Zone

http://zoneoffroad.com/product?ki=488&gr=-1

Does anyone know anything about this suspension it is supposedly all USA made and my local truck shop is recommending it to me. I want a 3 inch suspension lift so this is the one they recommended it is a 4 inch lift known as zone offroad suspension. I was looking at toyotech or old man emu.

Any comments, concerns, or info from experience with these products would be greatly appreciated.
Old 06-17-2013, 05:14 PM   #2
drunktaco is one of the sharper tools in the sheddrunktaco is one of the sharper tools in the sheddrunktaco is one of the sharper tools in the sheddrunktaco is one of the sharper tools in the sheddrunktaco is one of the sharper tools in the sheddrunktaco is one of the sharper tools in the sheddrunktaco is one of the sharper tools in the sheddrunktaco is one of the sharper tools in the sheddrunktaco is one of the sharper tools in the sheddrunktaco is one of the sharper tools in the sheddrunktaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: Sage
drunktaco's Tacoma Gallery
Idk much about it but its a drop bracket so your cross member is going to be cut and you'll actually lose ground clearance
Old 06-17-2013, 05:27 PM   #3

P33Rob's Tacoma Gallery
I did not see anything about this.
Old 06-17-2013, 08:59 PM   #4
those who seek fear shall be followed by fear
TacomaMtnMan has much to be proud ofTacomaMtnMan has much to be proud ofTacomaMtnMan has much to be proud ofTacomaMtnMan has much to be proud ofTacomaMtnMan has much to be proud ofTacomaMtnMan has much to be proud ofTacomaMtnMan has much to be proud ofTacomaMtnMan has much to be proud of

Name: Chuck
TacomaMtnMan's Tacoma Gallery
stupid to cut the cross-member for a 4 inch lift IMO. You might as well get a 6 inch lift if you have to cut. Or stick with a 3 inch lift.

You typically get what you pay for, and I would not put this on my truck.
Old 06-17-2013, 09:06 PM   #6
Quack Addict
monstertaco12 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmonstertaco12 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmonstertaco12 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmonstertaco12 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmonstertaco12 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmonstertaco12 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmonstertaco12 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmonstertaco12 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmonstertaco12 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmonstertaco12 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmonstertaco12 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

monstertaco12's Tacoma Gallery
You can get a good quality OME full suspension 3" lift for less than this kit. I wouldn't waste my money on it
Old 06-17-2013, 09:07 PM   #7
Carolina Alliance Southwest Region Ambassador
jandrews is one of the sharper tools in the shedjandrews is one of the sharper tools in the shedjandrews is one of the sharper tools in the shedjandrews is one of the sharper tools in the shedjandrews is one of the sharper tools in the shedjandrews is one of the sharper tools in the shedjandrews is one of the sharper tools in the shedjandrews is one of the sharper tools in the shedjandrews is one of the sharper tools in the shedjandrews is one of the sharper tools in the shedjandrews is one of the sharper tools in the shed

jandrews's Tacoma Gallery
Zone makes shit products.

Putting that aside, 6" vs 3", 3" has better running clearance, 6" has better breakover. There are arguments for both. Personally I say stick with the ~3" or swap the front.
Old 06-17-2013, 09:12 PM   #8
MGMTacolover55 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMGMTacolover55 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMGMTacolover55 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMGMTacolover55 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMGMTacolover55 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMGMTacolover55 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMGMTacolover55 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMGMTacolover55 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMGMTacolover55 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMGMTacolover55 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMGMTacolover55 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

MGMTacolover55's Tacoma Gallery
Zone sucks go billies they are cheaper and much better
Old 06-17-2013, 10:39 PM   #9
those who seek fear shall be followed by fear
TacomaMtnMan has much to be proud ofTacomaMtnMan has much to be proud ofTacomaMtnMan has much to be proud ofTacomaMtnMan has much to be proud ofTacomaMtnMan has much to be proud ofTacomaMtnMan has much to be proud ofTacomaMtnMan has much to be proud ofTacomaMtnMan has much to be proud of

Name: Chuck
TacomaMtnMan's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by EATABULLETcom View Post
Yup drop bracket lift, you have to cut the cross-member. You will lose ground clearance. I have a 6 inch lift with 35's and have less ground clearance than a 3 in lift with 33's. I've measured

This is why I decided on a 3 inch lift... I almost did a 6 inch lift, even purchased the larger tires... then I changed my mind, took those big tires back and did a 3 inch fox shocks lift with TC UCA's and 285/60/17 tires.

Glad I did the 3 inch lift for off-roading reasons... My rear is not lifted yet, just a 1 inch block, lift to be completed soon.

This is my truck MGMTacolover55:

IMO, stick with a 3 inch lift... Many love the OME lifts.
Old 06-17-2013, 10:46 PM   #10
Mad Man Marty is one of the sharper tools in the shedMad Man Marty is one of the sharper tools in the shedMad Man Marty is one of the sharper tools in the shedMad Man Marty is one of the sharper tools in the shedMad Man Marty is one of the sharper tools in the shedMad Man Marty is one of the sharper tools in the shedMad Man Marty is one of the sharper tools in the shedMad Man Marty is one of the sharper tools in the shedMad Man Marty is one of the sharper tools in the shedMad Man Marty is one of the sharper tools in the shedMad Man Marty is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: Marty
Mad Man Marty's Tacoma Gallery
The site states 90% made in usa.
I dont like the crossmember being cut.
There are less expensive options that would probably serve u better.
Do some more searches in the suspension forum, & keep in mind simplier is better. One last thing, the kit states u can not use any stock wheels.
Old 06-17-2013, 10:57 PM   #11
aka Frank Gallagher...
Jay238 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJay238 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJay238 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJay238 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJay238 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJay238 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJay238 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJay238 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJay238 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJay238 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJay238 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Law Enforcement:
Name: Jay
Jay238's Tacoma Gallery
.....F7..............other than that, stick with the Fabtech, Pro Comp, or BDS 6" lifts. If you offroad hardcore, then ofc stick with the 3". If you occasionally go offroad, and dont beat the ever living shit out of your truck, the 6" will be fine. They do limit some ground clearance but I mean, I can drive over a 5 gallon bucket without touching the front, is it really that bad..?
Old 06-18-2013, 07:28 AM   #12
Quack Addict
monstertaco12 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmonstertaco12 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmonstertaco12 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmonstertaco12 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmonstertaco12 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmonstertaco12 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmonstertaco12 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmonstertaco12 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmonstertaco12 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmonstertaco12 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmonstertaco12 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

monstertaco12's Tacoma Gallery
It all depends on what you want out of your truck. Do some extensive research before just going out and buying a shit product because its cheap. If youre stuck on 6" like i was for a while, BDS has the best warranty and Fabtech/Pro Comp are also pretty good with replacing broken parts.
Old 06-18-2013, 06:23 PM   #13

P33Rob's Tacoma Gallery
First of all I don't mind put out a few extra bucks I even told this to the shop they still highly recommended this lift, saying it is better made than most and that they just did one on a tundra and that it looks good. I told them if I bought a different setup and brought in there would they be able to put it on, he said labor would go from 65 an hour to 85 an hour I thought he was joking he wasn't. Then he said it would take at least 10 I don't think I want to go with these guys but from what I can tell it is the only shop around here.
Old 06-18-2013, 06:43 PM   #14
aka Frank Gallagher...
Jay238 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJay238 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJay238 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJay238 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJay238 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJay238 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJay238 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJay238 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJay238 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJay238 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJay238 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Law Enforcement:
Name: Jay
Jay238's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by P33Rob View Post
First of all I don't mind pit out a few extra bucks I even told this to the shop they still highly recommended this lift, saying it is better made than most and that they just did one on a tundra and that it looks good. I told them if I bought a different setup and brought in there would they be able to put it on, he said labor would go from 65 an hour to 85 an hour I thought he was joking he wasn't. Then he said it would take at least 10 I don't think I want to go with these guys but from what I can tell it is the only shop around here.
find another shop...
Old 06-18-2013, 09:41 PM   #15
drunktaco is one of the sharper tools in the sheddrunktaco is one of the sharper tools in the sheddrunktaco is one of the sharper tools in the sheddrunktaco is one of the sharper tools in the sheddrunktaco is one of the sharper tools in the sheddrunktaco is one of the sharper tools in the sheddrunktaco is one of the sharper tools in the sheddrunktaco is one of the sharper tools in the sheddrunktaco is one of the sharper tools in the sheddrunktaco is one of the sharper tools in the sheddrunktaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: Sage
drunktaco's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jay238 View Post
find another shop...
Exactly that sounds like a bad shop
Old 06-19-2013, 09:38 AM   #16
Mad Man Marty is one of the sharper tools in the shedMad Man Marty is one of the sharper tools in the shedMad Man Marty is one of the sharper tools in the shedMad Man Marty is one of the sharper tools in the shedMad Man Marty is one of the sharper tools in the shedMad Man Marty is one of the sharper tools in the shedMad Man Marty is one of the sharper tools in the shedMad Man Marty is one of the sharper tools in the shedMad Man Marty is one of the sharper tools in the shedMad Man Marty is one of the sharper tools in the shedMad Man Marty is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: Marty
Mad Man Marty's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
First of all I don't mind pit out a few extra bucks I even told this to the shop they still highly recommended this lift, saying it is better made than most and that they just did one on a tundra and that it looks good. I told them if I bought a different setup and brought in there would they be able to put it on, he said labor would go from 65 an hour to 85 an hour I thought he was joking he wasn't. Then he said it would take at least 10 I don't think I want to go with these guys but from what I can tell it is the only shop around here.
I dont know if the shop is bad, but they do make some of their profit from the sale of the lift. Where r u? Maybe someone can reco a good shop within a good distance.
Old 06-20-2013, 02:20 PM   #17

P33Rob's Tacoma Gallery
Greenville, SC
Old 06-25-2013, 05:04 AM   #18
BORNWILDGUY is one of the sharper tools in the shedBORNWILDGUY is one of the sharper tools in the shedBORNWILDGUY is one of the sharper tools in the shedBORNWILDGUY is one of the sharper tools in the shedBORNWILDGUY is one of the sharper tools in the shedBORNWILDGUY is one of the sharper tools in the shedBORNWILDGUY is one of the sharper tools in the shedBORNWILDGUY is one of the sharper tools in the shedBORNWILDGUY is one of the sharper tools in the shedBORNWILDGUY is one of the sharper tools in the shedBORNWILDGUY is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Air Force:
BORNWILDGUY's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
http://zoneoffroad.com/product?ki=488&gr=-1

Does anyone know anything about this suspension it is supposedly all USA made and my local truck shop is recommending it to me. I want a 3 inch suspension lift so this is the one they recommended it is a 4 inch lift known as zone offroad suspension. I was looking at toyotech or old man emu.

Any comments, concerns, or info from experience with these products would be greatly appreciated.
I have the zone lift and have had no issues at all w it and installed it myself. The 4" and 6" are basically the same except the 4" kit comes w a 3" block in rear and the 6" kit comes w the 4" block in rear and a small preload spacer for the front which goes between the coil and top hat.
I went with the 4" but also put 5100's all around set @ .85 for front), installed allpro leaf pack, extended brake lines so Im sitting at 5" front and 4" rear lift which is perfect for running 33's IMO.
Old 12-01-2013, 06:37 PM   #19
Dirty G is on a distinguished road
Army:
Name: Steve
Dirty G's Tacoma Gallery
I am interested in doing a 4 inch DB lift, does anyone else have experience with Zone?