1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

Suspension Help

Discussion in 'Suspension' started by SilverStreakTaco, Jun 18, 2013.

1. Jun 18, 2013 at 8:05 AM
    SilverStreakTaco

SilverStreakTaco [OP] Active Member

Member:
    First Name:
    bob
    western mass
    Vehicle:
    10 TACOMA SR5
    Access Tonneau Cover N Fab Nerf Bars Top Car Athens Seat Cover Lo-Jack Pioneer deh-80 prs Hybrid Audio Legatia L6's LPG 25Nfa Tweeters Rainbow iPaul 4.300 Jl 250/1 Focal 27v1 11" 4 ohm Husky liner front mud flaps Goodyear Dura trac 265/75/16's Bhlm Color matched front grill ssm Plasti dipped emblems Vht tint shade translucent on tailights
    I'll probably get sh** for not installing my ome lift myself but here goes. I'm purchasing an ome complete lift with front shocks (9000's), front coils (885's), rear shocks (n182's), aal 2" toytec standard, lr uca's, front top plate spacers for a full 3", trim packer, new center bolts and bushings with no diff drop, and considering sway bar removal or relocate. My question has two parts.

1. Will 885 coils support an all pro bumper or similar if I change in the future or do I have to have the spacers removed and 886's put in for that?

2. I've gotten some quotes from 700 dollars and it would take the guy a week to a 500 dollar quote and it would take a couple days. I'm waiting on one more quote from a guy I work with. Also fyi I haven't called any auto shops in fear the price for install would be outrageous. Am I being naive in not attempting this myself ? I have 3 ton jacks and all the tools at my disposal minus torque set wrenches and a compression spring tool. Ive heard you can rent them from auto zone for next to nothing. Need advice on the route to take. This is the only thing holding me back from pulling the trigger on the lift purchase.

Thanks in advance for any advice.

Products Discussed in

To Top