1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

Question about 3 inch lift...

Discussion in 'Suspension' started by Lsutigers1, Jun 18, 2013.

1. Jun 22, 2013 at 2:01 PM
    661prerunner

661prerunner Well-Known Member

Member:
    Santa Clarita
    Vehicle:
    01 prerunner
    FabTech C/Os, Solo tubular UCAs (on order)Solo spindles(not installed) Glassworks front and rear, made by me Rocksliders, Premier Navi,
    Also remember that C/Os are fully adjustable and tunable. So you can also tune to your driving conditions whether its off road or mall crawling. Typically the a bit stiffer for off roading

You could also add spindles to give more height with out as much preload. But as mentioned earlier with spacer you might have to to the cab mount chop.

2. Jun 22, 2013 at 2:07 PM
    evanmb31

evanmb31 Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    evan
    connecticut
    Vehicle:
    09 trd off road
    Satoshi'd grill. blacked out badges. aftermarket sound system. De-chromed and color matched. OME 885s + Dakars with 3rd leaf removed. LR UCAs. Scs stealth 6 with 285 duratracs. BAMF sliders
    Hes a 4x4, no spindle lift for us

3. Jun 22, 2013 at 2:25 PM
    661prerunner

661prerunner Well-Known Member

Member:
    Santa Clarita
    Vehicle:
    01 prerunner
    FabTech C/Os, Solo tubular UCAs (on order)Solo spindles(not installed) Glassworks front and rear, made by me Rocksliders, Premier Navi,
    Well never mind.

4. Jun 22, 2013 at 8:10 PM
    Mainmoe02

Mainmoe02 Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Moe
    Austin, Texas
    Vehicle:
    01 Gold tacoma SR5 TRD
    3" lift EIBACH coils w/ 5100's front, OME/ Dakar leaf springs w/ toytec adjustable shackles at 1.5" and 5125's out back. 33x10.5x15 KM2's Relentless DIY steel bumper.
    Not necessarily matching. I have Bilstein 5100 adjustable shocks with EIBACH 3" lift coils up front. Those 2 products are sold separately but many people have this combo and recommend it, as do I. I love it, not only for lift purposes, but for quality of the ride as well. For the rear I recommend getting new leaf springs if your budget allows. New leaf springs compared to an AAL is a smoother ride in the new leaf springs, and a stiffer ride in the AAL. OME/ Dakar is the brand I recommend for new leaf springs, only because I have them. I'm sure the other brands are great as well. Also, a cheaper option for leaf springs may be to get rebuilt springs from Doug, he's a member here on TW, his TW name is 4WD, look him up.

5. Jun 22, 2013 at 8:40 PM
    Lsutigers1

Lsutigers1 [OP] Active Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Jason
    NYC, but from Louisiana
    Vehicle:
    09 Crew Cab w/TRD Off-road but still factory
    I'm definitely going to be getting a entirely new leaf setup in rear, mainly to keep the ride nice. In the front I think OME is going to be fine, but I'm considering higher end because of the ability to rebuild and driving in NYC that could be beneficial as the road here are insanely bad. Also, it seems like it would be better to have some extended to gain back the droop. I'll have to search out Doug and see whats up :)

6. Jun 22, 2013 at 8:44 PM
    Lsutigers1

Member:
    First Name:
    Jason
    NYC, but from Louisiana
    Vehicle:
    I'm am considering the higher end now for the rebuilding and the better ride. Here in NYC they can pave or fix a road to save their lives, so hitting a hole going 40 isn't really out the norm sometimes. I noticed they have a remote reservoir too. Is this what make it rebuildable??? I would also need an new UCA with a 3 inch lift correct??? Or at least to keep the stress off other parts of my truck??

7. Jun 23, 2013 at 5:49 AM
    evanmb31

evanmb31 Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    evan
    connecticut
    Vehicle:
    09 trd off road
    Satoshi'd grill. blacked out badges. aftermarket sound system. De-chromed and color matched. OME 885s + Dakars with 3rd leaf removed. LR UCAs. Scs stealth 6 with 285 duratracs. BAMF sliders
    Souds like your starting to figure it all out. Yes UCAs are recomended when you lift the front over 2.5". You are changing the geometry of the suspension, and lifting will throw off the alignment, your caster will be low. UCAs add 2* of caster which will help get everything in spec. They do not need a remote reservoir to be rebuildable, the remote resis helps keep the shock cool when its working very hard which helps it perform better, this is really meant for high speed wheeling.

8. Jun 23, 2013 at 3:00 PM
    Lsutigers1

Member:
    First Name:
    Jason
    NYC, but from Louisiana
    Vehicle:
    Are there any brands out there that match the quality of icon and fox, but a much better price? I think you convinced me on the extended travel higher end front coil overs. Now i need to figure out if i can run dakars and the higher end rear shocks. Im reading some places that i cant. They might be full of gibberish but apparently rear icons dont extend far enough???? Any suggestions on that or am i half a retard? Lol if that true are there spacers of some sort to get the extra length i need?

Products Discussed in

To Top