Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > Suspension

Notices

DRIVE SHAFT vibration solutions <4" rear lifts

View Poll Results: DRIVE SHAFT vibration = What fixed it!
shims 0 0%
shims + CB drop 2 13.33%
Cb drop 9 60.00%
1 Piece Drive shaft 1 6.67%
1 Piece Drive Shaft w/ Double Cardan 0 0%
2 piece Drive shaft w/ Double Cardan 1 6.67%
Other 2 13.33%
Voters: 15. You may not vote on this poll

Old 06-19-2013, 07:02 PM   #1
ndcmack is one of the sharper tools in the shedndcmack is one of the sharper tools in the shedndcmack is one of the sharper tools in the shedndcmack is one of the sharper tools in the shedndcmack is one of the sharper tools in the shedndcmack is one of the sharper tools in the shedndcmack is one of the sharper tools in the shedndcmack is one of the sharper tools in the shedndcmack is one of the sharper tools in the shedndcmack is one of the sharper tools in the shedndcmack is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: NICK
ndcmack's Tacoma Gallery
DRIVE SHAFT vibration solutions <4" rear lifts

Just as stated, lets Poll what fixed your driveshaft vibrations. Also comment on how much lift you have(What setup you're running) in the rear and what worked for you.
You should also state what truck you have... DCSB, DCLB etc.
Old 06-20-2013, 05:37 PM   #2
ndcmack is one of the sharper tools in the shedndcmack is one of the sharper tools in the shedndcmack is one of the sharper tools in the shedndcmack is one of the sharper tools in the shedndcmack is one of the sharper tools in the shedndcmack is one of the sharper tools in the shedndcmack is one of the sharper tools in the shedndcmack is one of the sharper tools in the shedndcmack is one of the sharper tools in the shedndcmack is one of the sharper tools in the shedndcmack is one of the sharper tools in the shed

ndcmack's Tacoma Gallery
No one wants to contribute to sharing solutions we all seem to be searching for?...It's discussed so often
Old 06-21-2013, 07:54 PM   #3
mrw3685 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmrw3685 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmrw3685 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmrw3685 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmrw3685 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmrw3685 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmrw3685 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmrw3685 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmrw3685 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmrw3685 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmrw3685 is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Marines: Single Anchor Single-Seat Master Race
mrw3685's Tacoma Gallery
I measured the input angle of the driveshaft in the rear diff, and measured the angle coming out of the tranny. They were almost identical, so I measured the two shaft angles and they were substantially different. I added washers to the center bracket, dropping it till the two angles were very close to each other, I don't remember the exact amount. Tested every few washers till my vibes were gone. Then measured the washers and had a steel block of equal thickness fabbed. Have an AP Expo pack and Bilsteins.
Old 06-21-2013, 08:53 PM   #4
PutterClutch
SconnieHailer is one of the sharper tools in the shedSconnieHailer is one of the sharper tools in the shedSconnieHailer is one of the sharper tools in the shedSconnieHailer is one of the sharper tools in the shedSconnieHailer is one of the sharper tools in the shedSconnieHailer is one of the sharper tools in the shedSconnieHailer is one of the sharper tools in the shedSconnieHailer is one of the sharper tools in the shedSconnieHailer is one of the sharper tools in the shedSconnieHailer is one of the sharper tools in the shedSconnieHailer is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Marc
SconnieHailer's Tacoma Gallery
Can you tell me what thickness that block is you had made ? I'm running the same rear setup

I've got 3* shims in right now and really don't have any vibes at all besides a small takeoff vibe. Not solved yet but i'm content with the way it is for now.
Old 06-22-2013, 05:36 PM   #5
Master of None
Fifthwind is one of the sharper tools in the shedFifthwind is one of the sharper tools in the shedFifthwind is one of the sharper tools in the shedFifthwind is one of the sharper tools in the shedFifthwind is one of the sharper tools in the shedFifthwind is one of the sharper tools in the shedFifthwind is one of the sharper tools in the shedFifthwind is one of the sharper tools in the shedFifthwind is one of the sharper tools in the shedFifthwind is one of the sharper tools in the shedFifthwind is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Murph
Fifthwind's Tacoma Gallery
I have the Toytec ultimate lift with 5100s, includes the add a leaf and wedges. I needed roughly 1-1/4" inches to get my shafts nearly aligned. Tough for me as my loads vary from week to week in the summertime and I see the vibe move around the speedo.
It does pay to check the torque on the u-bolts after a few months, which does help get rid of some of the vibes.
Old 06-23-2013, 07:08 AM   #7
I'd rather be skiing...
teneighty is one of the sharper tools in the shedteneighty is one of the sharper tools in the shedteneighty is one of the sharper tools in the shedteneighty is one of the sharper tools in the shedteneighty is one of the sharper tools in the shedteneighty is one of the sharper tools in the shedteneighty is one of the sharper tools in the shedteneighty is one of the sharper tools in the shedteneighty is one of the sharper tools in the shedteneighty is one of the sharper tools in the shedteneighty is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Law Enforcement:
teneighty's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by ndcmack View Post
Just as stated, lets Poll what fixed your driveshaft vibrations. Also comment on how much lift you have(What setup you're running) in the rear and what worked for you.

I like the idea of a poll, much easier than reading through a thousand posts.

I will contribute when I do my lift
Old 06-24-2013, 10:26 PM   #8

ndcmack's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by teneighty View Post

I like the idea of a poll, much easier than reading through a thousand posts.

I will contribute when I do my lift
Agreed! Updated.
Old 06-24-2013, 11:13 PM   #9
650H1 is one of the sharper tools in the shed650H1 is one of the sharper tools in the shed650H1 is one of the sharper tools in the shed650H1 is one of the sharper tools in the shed650H1 is one of the sharper tools in the shed650H1 is one of the sharper tools in the shed650H1 is one of the sharper tools in the shed650H1 is one of the sharper tools in the shed650H1 is one of the sharper tools in the shed650H1 is one of the sharper tools in the shed650H1 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Law Enforcement: Police
Name: Mike
650H1's Tacoma Gallery
does anyone REALLY get rid of the vibe? i feel like its just a matter of getting it to a point you can live with, in all honesty.
Old 06-25-2013, 02:55 PM   #10
Mama says Tacoma World is da devil!
bjboucher is one of the sharper tools in the shedbjboucher is one of the sharper tools in the shedbjboucher is one of the sharper tools in the shedbjboucher is one of the sharper tools in the shedbjboucher is one of the sharper tools in the shedbjboucher is one of the sharper tools in the shedbjboucher is one of the sharper tools in the shedbjboucher is one of the sharper tools in the shedbjboucher is one of the sharper tools in the shedbjboucher is one of the sharper tools in the shedbjboucher is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Air Force:
Name: Brad
bjboucher's Tacoma Gallery
I had vibes before my lift. The lift actually cured mine. Dakar's with just a carrier bearing drop is all I have. No shims.
Old 06-25-2013, 03:08 PM   #11
coseng is on a distinguished road
coseng's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by 650H1 View Post
does anyone REALLY get rid of the vibe? i feel like its just a matter of getting it to a point you can live with, in all honesty.
...this...

I have three degree shims and a beefed carrier drop. Almost no vibes...
Old 06-25-2013, 03:12 PM   #12
I'm your huckleberry
skidooman is one of the sharper tools in the shedskidooman is one of the sharper tools in the shedskidooman is one of the sharper tools in the shedskidooman is one of the sharper tools in the shedskidooman is one of the sharper tools in the shedskidooman is one of the sharper tools in the shedskidooman is one of the sharper tools in the shedskidooman is one of the sharper tools in the shedskidooman is one of the sharper tools in the shedskidooman is one of the sharper tools in the shedskidooman is one of the sharper tools in the shed

skidooman's Tacoma Gallery
I had take off shudder, 18-22mph shudder, and 55-60mph vibes. I flipped my carrier bearing 180*. Took away the 18-22 and the 55-60. I still have the take off shudder though. I just deal with it. I have recently developed a 25-30 vibe that is very light. I havent really tried to chase it down though, so I'm not sure what it is. I am hoping its just tires.
DCSB-885coils up front, 1.5"aal added to a tsb 4 leaf pack. With my shell I got about 2" of lift from it.