Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > Suspension

Notices

Do I need new center pins for 1.5" block?

Old 06-19-2013, 07:07 PM   #1
I'm A Grinder
pivey14 has a spectacular aura aboutpivey14 has a spectacular aura aboutpivey14 has a spectacular aura about

Name: Patrick
pivey14's Tacoma Gallery
Do I need new center pins for 1.5" block?

???
Old 06-20-2013, 04:26 PM   #2
rfsdave is on a distinguished road
Army: 1166 Cbt Het Co. Kuwait/ Iraq
Name: Dave
rfsdave's Tacoma Gallery
no, but you will need new u-bolts
Old 06-20-2013, 11:46 PM   #5
cRaZy oLdmAn
4WD is one of the sharper tools in the shed4WD is one of the sharper tools in the shed4WD is one of the sharper tools in the shed4WD is one of the sharper tools in the shed4WD is one of the sharper tools in the shed4WD is one of the sharper tools in the shed4WD is one of the sharper tools in the shed4WD is one of the sharper tools in the shed4WD is one of the sharper tools in the shed4WD is one of the sharper tools in the shed4WD is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Doug
4WD's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by senor taco View Post
Centerpins, why?
Because the stock ones are cut off short to clear bump stops for one & 2: adding a 1.5" block is going to leave the pin about an inch short & lastly you should always replace centerpins if removing (but not a deal killer if you don't)
Old 06-20-2013, 11:50 PM   #6
cRaZy oLdmAn
4WD is one of the sharper tools in the shed4WD is one of the sharper tools in the shed4WD is one of the sharper tools in the shed4WD is one of the sharper tools in the shed4WD is one of the sharper tools in the shed4WD is one of the sharper tools in the shed4WD is one of the sharper tools in the shed4WD is one of the sharper tools in the shed4WD is one of the sharper tools in the shed4WD is one of the sharper tools in the shed4WD is one of the sharper tools in the shed

4WD's Tacoma Gallery
Also you can easily make your own, just get a 3/8" fine thread grade 5
(or better) bolt, about 4"-5" long with a nylock to match, just grind the corners off the head of the bolt & it fits perfectly into spring perch on axle
Old 06-21-2013, 06:46 AM   #7
rfsdave is on a distinguished road
Army: 1166 Cbt Het Co. Kuwait/ Iraq
Name: Dave
rfsdave's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by 4WD View Post
Because the stock ones are cut off short to clear bump stops for one & 2: adding a 1.5" block is going to leave the pin about an inch short & lastly you should always replace centerpins if removing (but not a deal killer if you don't)
Help me out here. Why would you even touch the center pins if all you are doing is adding a lift block? The block goes between the spring and the axel, so there is no need to take apart the spring. I can see it if your doing a add a leaf. What am I missing here?
Old 06-21-2013, 06:53 AM   #8
Old & Forgetful
Janster is one of the sharper tools in the shedJanster is one of the sharper tools in the shedJanster is one of the sharper tools in the shedJanster is one of the sharper tools in the shedJanster is one of the sharper tools in the shedJanster is one of the sharper tools in the shedJanster is one of the sharper tools in the shedJanster is one of the sharper tools in the shedJanster is one of the sharper tools in the shedJanster is one of the sharper tools in the shedJanster is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Jandy
Janster's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by 4WD View Post
What lift blocks do you have?

I know its been many many years since I've helped someone install lift blocks - but we never messed with the centering pins. The lift block sits on top the head of the pin (hole in block) and has a nub on the other side that sits in the spring plate. Longer Ubolts ...YES. But you never had to touch the centering pins.
Old 06-21-2013, 06:55 AM   #9
With sufficient thrust, pigs fly just fine.
chris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: FlimFlubberJAM
chris4x4's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Janster View Post
What lift blocks do you have?

I know its been many many years since I've helped someone install lift blocks - but we never messed with the centering pins. The lift block sits on top the head of the pin (hole in block) and has a nub on the other side that sits in the spring plate. Longer Ubolts ...YES. But you never had to touch the centering pins.
This ^^^^
Old 06-23-2013, 12:19 AM   #10
cRaZy oLdmAn

4WD's Tacoma Gallery
My bad confused block with leafs..... HEY I'm old Goddammit !! Its a senior moment (or is it movement ??)

its a Ubolt thing.....nevermind.....