Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > Suspension

Notices

Need advice from a fellow 6" Pro Comp lifted Tacoma owner

Referenced Products Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 07-02-2013, 06:33 PM   #62
nofords08 is one of the sharper tools in the shednofords08 is one of the sharper tools in the shednofords08 is one of the sharper tools in the shednofords08 is one of the sharper tools in the shednofords08 is one of the sharper tools in the shednofords08 is one of the sharper tools in the shednofords08 is one of the sharper tools in the shednofords08 is one of the sharper tools in the shednofords08 is one of the sharper tools in the shednofords08 is one of the sharper tools in the shednofords08 is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: Patrick
nofords08's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Scarlett4x4 View Post
more good news!

Talked to ICON again today and it turns out that I can request that the 6"-7" ProComp replacement coil be made into a extended travel for the same price! All they do is remove a spacer. What does this all mean?

Icons current travel for this shock is 7", with the spacer removed I pick up another inch and with the TC LCA/UCA combo I will pick up another inch.
9" of travel isnt to bad for a DB lift with stock length LCAs! Sure its not LT, but it will do....

They remove a spacer inside the shock assembly that prevents the shock from over extending, you gain 1" of shock travel which equals more than 1" of wheel travel, but you should run straps
Old 07-02-2013, 06:57 PM   #63
Scarlett4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedScarlett4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedScarlett4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedScarlett4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedScarlett4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedScarlett4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedScarlett4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedScarlett4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedScarlett4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedScarlett4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedScarlett4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Jon
Scarlett4x4's Tacoma Gallery
Parts list is the 1st post, its only chaged a little. Im not doing the ubolt flip and the ICON coils will be extended travel. Do you really think I will need straps up front Patrick? I haven't spoke to SDHQ, ive been doing the research with Total Chaos and ICON on my own.
Im also fairly certain I will have SDHQ do the labor now and take it to Network for the alignment.
How many inches of wheel travel must I have before needing straps? What does it cost?
Old 07-02-2013, 10:06 PM   #64
nofords08 is one of the sharper tools in the shednofords08 is one of the sharper tools in the shednofords08 is one of the sharper tools in the shednofords08 is one of the sharper tools in the shednofords08 is one of the sharper tools in the shednofords08 is one of the sharper tools in the shednofords08 is one of the sharper tools in the shednofords08 is one of the sharper tools in the shednofords08 is one of the sharper tools in the shednofords08 is one of the sharper tools in the shednofords08 is one of the sharper tools in the shed
It's just to protect your coilovers from over extending, which in your application isnt a big deal. they are cheap anyways if you do feel the need for it but i wouldnt worry about it
Old 07-03-2013, 06:54 AM   #65
Scarlett4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedScarlett4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedScarlett4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedScarlett4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedScarlett4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedScarlett4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedScarlett4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedScarlett4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedScarlett4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedScarlett4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedScarlett4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Quote:
Originally Posted by nofords08 View Post
It's just to protect your coilovers from over extending, which in your application isnt a big deal. they are cheap anyways if you do feel the need for it but i wouldnt worry about it

Haha, which one is it? You suggest to run, then dont. Is it plausible that I can overextend with this application? I will see what SDHQ has to say regardless but since you raised alarm id like to know more.
Old 07-03-2013, 09:57 AM   #66
AaronArf is one of the sharper tools in the shedAaronArf is one of the sharper tools in the shedAaronArf is one of the sharper tools in the shedAaronArf is one of the sharper tools in the shedAaronArf is one of the sharper tools in the shedAaronArf is one of the sharper tools in the shedAaronArf is one of the sharper tools in the shedAaronArf is one of the sharper tools in the shedAaronArf is one of the sharper tools in the shedAaronArf is one of the sharper tools in the shedAaronArf is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Navy:
Name: Aaron
AaronArf's Tacoma Gallery
All that work and gucci parts with no ubolt flip kit?
Old 07-03-2013, 10:14 AM   #67
Quote:
Haha, which one is it? You suggest to run, then dont. Is it plausible that I can overextend with this application? I will see what SDHQ has to say regardless but since you raised alarm id like to know more.
I didn't mean "you" specifically!

For your application and how your going to wheel the truck I don't see a need for you to strap it
Old 07-03-2013, 12:31 PM   #68

Quote:
Originally Posted by AaronArf View Post
All that work and gucci parts with no ubolt flip kit?
no point to a flip and it creates another purchase for bump stops. Sure it protects the thread on the ubolt but they are cheap to replace if damaged. Im saving the 100$ and will end up putting it towards armor.

There is no travel gained with a flip, the pumpkin is still the most likely to take the hit.
Old 07-03-2013, 12:33 PM   #69

Quote:
They remove a spacer inside the shock assembly that prevents the shock from over extending, you gain 1" of shock travel which equals more than 1" of wheel travel, but you should run straps
Quote:
Quote:
I didn't mean "you" specifically!

For your application and how your going to wheel the truck I don't see a need for you to strap it

I was confused when you said "but you should run straps" in response to my post. My bad
Old 07-03-2013, 12:38 PM   #70
AaronArf is one of the sharper tools in the shedAaronArf is one of the sharper tools in the shedAaronArf is one of the sharper tools in the shedAaronArf is one of the sharper tools in the shedAaronArf is one of the sharper tools in the shedAaronArf is one of the sharper tools in the shedAaronArf is one of the sharper tools in the shedAaronArf is one of the sharper tools in the shedAaronArf is one of the sharper tools in the shedAaronArf is one of the sharper tools in the shedAaronArf is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Navy:
Name: Aaron
AaronArf's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
no point to a flip and it creates another purchase for bump stops. Sure it protects the thread on the ubolt but they are cheap to replace if damaged. Im saving the 100$ and will end up putting it towards armor.

There is no travel gained with a flip, the pumpkin is still the most likely to take the hit.
With the 6" lift and no blocks in the rear, the tiny factory bump stop height is useless...
Old 07-03-2013, 02:56 PM   #71
808 Member
WailuaTaco808 is one of the sharper tools in the shedWailuaTaco808 is one of the sharper tools in the shedWailuaTaco808 is one of the sharper tools in the shedWailuaTaco808 is one of the sharper tools in the shedWailuaTaco808 is one of the sharper tools in the shedWailuaTaco808 is one of the sharper tools in the shedWailuaTaco808 is one of the sharper tools in the shedWailuaTaco808 is one of the sharper tools in the shedWailuaTaco808 is one of the sharper tools in the shedWailuaTaco808 is one of the sharper tools in the shedWailuaTaco808 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Phil
WailuaTaco808's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by EATABULLETcom View Post
You have a spacer on top of your coil over and they are cranked up too high, that's killing your down travel
yessir i learned that lesson the hard way. The spacer is getting tossed but i was just curious if the OP is trying to gain more height out of his DB lift or just more travel or both. Or if he is just trying to stick with the 6 inch height and reinforce the weak PC stage 1 lift.
Old 07-03-2013, 03:11 PM   #72

Quote:
Originally Posted by WailuaTaco808 View Post
yessir i learned that lesson the hard way. The spacer is getting tossed but i was just curious if the OP is trying to gain more height out of his DB lift or just more travel or both. Or if he is just trying to stick with the 6 inch height and reinforce the weak PC stage 1 lift.
No more height, just travel & strength
Old 07-03-2013, 04:44 PM   #73
808 Member
WailuaTaco808 is one of the sharper tools in the shedWailuaTaco808 is one of the sharper tools in the shedWailuaTaco808 is one of the sharper tools in the shedWailuaTaco808 is one of the sharper tools in the shedWailuaTaco808 is one of the sharper tools in the shedWailuaTaco808 is one of the sharper tools in the shedWailuaTaco808 is one of the sharper tools in the shedWailuaTaco808 is one of the sharper tools in the shedWailuaTaco808 is one of the sharper tools in the shedWailuaTaco808 is one of the sharper tools in the shedWailuaTaco808 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

WailuaTaco808's Tacoma Gallery
Gotcha! thanks for the clerification (my addiction to an inch or 2 more of height is killing me hahaha) But i will be removing that damn spacer very soon and messing with the C/o height to get exactly what i want with plenty of travel as well. Look forward to seeing ur rig all finished so i can compare notes
Old 07-03-2013, 08:17 PM   #74

Quote:
Originally Posted by WailuaTaco808 View Post
Gotcha! thanks for the clerification (my addiction to an inch or 2 more of height is killing me hahaha) But i will be removing that damn spacer very soon and messing with the C/o height to get exactly what i want with plenty of travel as well. Look forward to seeing ur rig all finished so i can compare notes
Good stuff man! Im confident my ride will be pretty solid.. sure is going to cost enough to get me there
Old 07-05-2013, 10:51 AM   #75
Peanut butter mini time
Phil Dammit is one of the sharper tools in the shedPhil Dammit is one of the sharper tools in the shedPhil Dammit is one of the sharper tools in the shedPhil Dammit is one of the sharper tools in the shedPhil Dammit is one of the sharper tools in the shedPhil Dammit is one of the sharper tools in the shedPhil Dammit is one of the sharper tools in the shedPhil Dammit is one of the sharper tools in the shedPhil Dammit is one of the sharper tools in the shedPhil Dammit is one of the sharper tools in the shedPhil Dammit is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Phil Dammit's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Good stuff man! Im confident my ride will be pretty solid.. sure is going to cost enough to get me there
Whens the build day and pics of said pieces/parts anywhere in this thread?
Old 07-05-2013, 10:59 AM   #76

Quote:
Originally Posted by Phil Dammit View Post

TC UCA w HEIM & Racing LCA Here

Icon Coils Here

Deavers Here

SDHQ Here

For piece of mind I am no longer doing the install. I am trusting all of this work to SDHQ! I would have to go down there for a re-torque & alignment anyway
Old 07-05-2013, 11:11 AM   #77
Peanut butter mini time
Phil Dammit is one of the sharper tools in the shedPhil Dammit is one of the sharper tools in the shedPhil Dammit is one of the sharper tools in the shedPhil Dammit is one of the sharper tools in the shedPhil Dammit is one of the sharper tools in the shedPhil Dammit is one of the sharper tools in the shedPhil Dammit is one of the sharper tools in the shedPhil Dammit is one of the sharper tools in the shedPhil Dammit is one of the sharper tools in the shedPhil Dammit is one of the sharper tools in the shedPhil Dammit is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Quote:
TC UCA w HEIM & Racing LCA Here

Icon Coils Here

Deavers Here

SDHQ Here

For piece of mind I am no longer doing the install. I am trusting all of this work to SDHQ! I would have to go down there for a re-torque & alignment anyway
You gay, don't trust your own work huh? That bumper on the chaos page is clean....
Old 07-05-2013, 11:49 AM   #79

Quote:
Quote:
You gay, don't trust your own work huh? That bumper on the chaos page is clean....
Its not that at all PhillyD! It would be different if I had my own garage, my own tools or even my brother around. He is has been a master mechanic for 20 years and has everything (including air tools). But unfortunately, he isnt in AZ anymore and I would have to rely on Jason Ks garage, tools and a few of you guys to spend a day wrenching in 120 degree heat. That is a lot to ask of you all but I sincerely appreciate everyone who jumped up and offered help. Due to the amount of work needed, I'm trusting SDHQ and Its the right decision.
Old 07-05-2013, 12:16 PM   #80
Peanut butter mini time

Quote:
Its not that at all PhillyD! It would be different if I had my own garage, my own tools or even my brother around. He is has been a master mechanic for 20 years and has everything (including air tools). But unfortunately, he isnt in AZ anymore and I would have to rely on Jason Ks garage, tools and a few of you guys to spend a day wrenching in 120 degree heat. That is a lot to ask of you all but I sincerely appreciate everyone who jumped up and offered help. Due to the amount of work needed, I'm trusting SDHQ and Its the right decision.
Oooo so you don't trust us now, and here I thought we were the real deal Jon...

Products Discussed in this Thread