Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > Suspension

Notices

Need advice from a fellow 6" Pro Comp lifted Tacoma owner

Referenced Products Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 06-20-2013, 03:32 PM   #1
Scarlett4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedScarlett4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedScarlett4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedScarlett4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedScarlett4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedScarlett4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedScarlett4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedScarlett4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedScarlett4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedScarlett4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedScarlett4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Jon
Scarlett4x4's Tacoma Gallery
Need advice from a fellow 6" Pro Comp lifted Tacoma owner

I bought this 08 4x4 with the 6" Pro-Comp lift and now that Ive had the truck for 2 years, Ive learned all about the issues with the older PC lifts and stock components when used off road. Bottom line is, this lift is meant for the street and looks, not functionality and I'm sure most of you will agree.

I'm in a great position to make the changes next month. I am not wanting to take the truck down to 3". I fully intend to keep the cross member and the 6" lift and just remove everything that makes this lift not functional off road.

Here is the list of what is being changed out

ICON 6" Coilovers No Resi
ICON 2.0 ext travel Rears No Resi
Total Chaos Heim Joint Upper Control Arm
Total Chaos Race Series Lower Control Arm
Deaver 6" Rear Springs
U-Bolt Flip Kit
Replace Tie Rods & bushings

Thank you in advance to anyone with valuable input to share.
Old 06-20-2013, 03:37 PM   #2
icallhertaco11 is just really niceicallhertaco11 is just really niceicallhertaco11 is just really niceicallhertaco11 is just really nice
Name: Jamie
icallhertaco11's Tacoma Gallery
Sub'd. Looking at getting rid of my spacers and blocks at some point. How much are those Deavers gonna be?
Old 06-20-2013, 03:38 PM   #3
nofords08 is one of the sharper tools in the shednofords08 is one of the sharper tools in the shednofords08 is one of the sharper tools in the shednofords08 is one of the sharper tools in the shednofords08 is one of the sharper tools in the shednofords08 is one of the sharper tools in the shednofords08 is one of the sharper tools in the shednofords08 is one of the sharper tools in the shednofords08 is one of the sharper tools in the shednofords08 is one of the sharper tools in the shednofords08 is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: Patrick
nofords08's Tacoma Gallery
You will have to get the hemmed uppers on the TC kit
Old 06-20-2013, 03:47 PM   #4
Scarlett4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedScarlett4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedScarlett4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedScarlett4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedScarlett4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedScarlett4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedScarlett4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedScarlett4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedScarlett4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedScarlett4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedScarlett4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Quote:
Originally Posted by nofords08 View Post
You will have to get the hemmed uppers on the TC kit
Quote:
Originally Posted by icallhertaco11 View Post
Sub'd. Looking at getting rid of my spacers and blocks at some point. How much are those Deavers gonna be?
I put this thread in two areas, I had it in 2nd gen and now I will re-direct it here.

@Patrick- I spoke to TC a little after I posted this and made the change with SDHQ. You going to make it to the mod day when this gets installed?
@icallhertaco11- the full leaf pack and flip kit will run close to 900$
Old 06-20-2013, 04:01 PM   #5
whys the rum gone
snowtank is one of the sharper tools in the shedsnowtank is one of the sharper tools in the shedsnowtank is one of the sharper tools in the shedsnowtank is one of the sharper tools in the shedsnowtank is one of the sharper tools in the shedsnowtank is one of the sharper tools in the shedsnowtank is one of the sharper tools in the shedsnowtank is one of the sharper tools in the shedsnowtank is one of the sharper tools in the shedsnowtank is one of the sharper tools in the shedsnowtank is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Andrew
snowtank's Tacoma Gallery
Subd to find out what is up. The wifes has a 6" pro comp. She really only uses it for dirt roads tho. Mine is the trail rig.
Old 06-20-2013, 04:08 PM   #7
VA6DCO
IgnorantlyAlberta is one of the sharper tools in the shedIgnorantlyAlberta is one of the sharper tools in the shedIgnorantlyAlberta is one of the sharper tools in the shedIgnorantlyAlberta is one of the sharper tools in the shedIgnorantlyAlberta is one of the sharper tools in the shedIgnorantlyAlberta is one of the sharper tools in the shedIgnorantlyAlberta is one of the sharper tools in the shedIgnorantlyAlberta is one of the sharper tools in the shedIgnorantlyAlberta is one of the sharper tools in the shedIgnorantlyAlberta is one of the sharper tools in the shedIgnorantlyAlberta is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: David
IgnorantlyAlberta's Tacoma Gallery
Look into the icon cross members. From what I've seen they allow more clearance than the pro comps.
Old 06-20-2013, 09:23 PM   #8

I dont have any issue with the drop bracket the procomp uses and im not willing to do that modification to the crossmember at this time. This is already going to be a costly upgrade. I believe in doing things right the 1st time and since I have the cash to spend, im going to pull the trigger. After talking with TC and SDHQ the consensus is that this will be a great set up that I will be able to fully align.
Old 06-20-2013, 10:31 PM   #9
nofords08 is one of the sharper tools in the shednofords08 is one of the sharper tools in the shednofords08 is one of the sharper tools in the shednofords08 is one of the sharper tools in the shednofords08 is one of the sharper tools in the shednofords08 is one of the sharper tools in the shednofords08 is one of the sharper tools in the shednofords08 is one of the sharper tools in the shednofords08 is one of the sharper tools in the shednofords08 is one of the sharper tools in the shednofords08 is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: Patrick
nofords08's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by IgnorantlyAlberta View Post
Look into the icon cross members. From what I've seen they allow more clearance than the pro comps.
Whats an "icon cross member"?
Old 06-21-2013, 08:17 AM   #10

Quote:
Originally Posted by nofords08 View Post
Whats an "icon cross member"?
x2
unless he means drop bracket? I didn't see those on the site??
Old 06-21-2013, 12:11 PM   #11
VA6DCO
IgnorantlyAlberta is one of the sharper tools in the shedIgnorantlyAlberta is one of the sharper tools in the shedIgnorantlyAlberta is one of the sharper tools in the shedIgnorantlyAlberta is one of the sharper tools in the shedIgnorantlyAlberta is one of the sharper tools in the shedIgnorantlyAlberta is one of the sharper tools in the shedIgnorantlyAlberta is one of the sharper tools in the shedIgnorantlyAlberta is one of the sharper tools in the shedIgnorantlyAlberta is one of the sharper tools in the shedIgnorantlyAlberta is one of the sharper tools in the shedIgnorantlyAlberta is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: David
IgnorantlyAlberta's Tacoma Gallery
The drop down cross members. Drop the LCA mount location. The procomp cross members are straight across with less clearance. I am fairly sure icon makes one for the 6" lift kits except they only drop at the bolt locations for the LCAs which has at least an inch more clearance.
Unless I am fully incorrect. In which case disregard any information given.
Old 06-21-2013, 12:17 PM   #12
808 Member
WailuaTaco808 is one of the sharper tools in the shedWailuaTaco808 is one of the sharper tools in the shedWailuaTaco808 is one of the sharper tools in the shedWailuaTaco808 is one of the sharper tools in the shedWailuaTaco808 is one of the sharper tools in the shedWailuaTaco808 is one of the sharper tools in the shedWailuaTaco808 is one of the sharper tools in the shedWailuaTaco808 is one of the sharper tools in the shedWailuaTaco808 is one of the sharper tools in the shedWailuaTaco808 is one of the sharper tools in the shedWailuaTaco808 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Phil
WailuaTaco808's Tacoma Gallery
subbed to see how this goes. i have been looking into doing this or SAS in a year or so...
Old 06-21-2013, 12:24 PM   #13

Quote:
The drop down cross members. Drop the LCA mount location. The procomp cross members are straight across with less clearance. I am fairly sure icon makes one for the 6" lift kits except they only drop at the bolt locations for the LCAs which has at least an inch more clearance.
Unless I am fully incorrect. In which case disregard any information given.
Sounds like the Fabtech drop bracket
Old 06-21-2013, 04:38 PM   #15
Dank Tank
Blacktacoma23 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlacktacoma23 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlacktacoma23 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlacktacoma23 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlacktacoma23 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlacktacoma23 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlacktacoma23 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlacktacoma23 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlacktacoma23 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlacktacoma23 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlacktacoma23 is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: Matt
Blacktacoma23's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by EATABULLETcom View Post
Ill get you some more info on my set up when I get to my puter

What was the issue with the Kings and LSK lowers?
Old 06-21-2013, 05:55 PM   #16

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blacktacoma23 View Post

What was the issue with the Kings and LSK lowers?
Pretty sure he said the shock mount locations were off on the LSK LCA so he couldn't use the kings
Old 06-21-2013, 06:20 PM   #17
EATABULLETcom is one of the sharper tools in the shedEATABULLETcom is one of the sharper tools in the shedEATABULLETcom is one of the sharper tools in the shedEATABULLETcom is one of the sharper tools in the shedEATABULLETcom is one of the sharper tools in the shedEATABULLETcom is one of the sharper tools in the shedEATABULLETcom is one of the sharper tools in the shedEATABULLETcom is one of the sharper tools in the shedEATABULLETcom is one of the sharper tools in the shedEATABULLETcom is one of the sharper tools in the shedEATABULLETcom is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: mark
EATABULLETcom's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Scarlett4x4 View Post
Pretty sure he said the shock mount locations were off on the LSK LCA so he couldn't use the kings
exactly. Having to get custom length coilovers. I'm going with king dual rate pure race coilovers
http://www.kingshocks.com/products/p...ver-pure-race/

2.0 x 33.81 extended length with custom shock towers through the fender well prolly
Old 06-21-2013, 06:25 PM   #18
aka Frank Gallagher...
Jay238 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJay238 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJay238 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJay238 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJay238 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJay238 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJay238 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJay238 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJay238 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJay238 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJay238 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Law Enforcement:
Name: Jay
Jay238's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
wut
Old 06-21-2013, 06:35 PM   #19
Dank Tank
Blacktacoma23 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlacktacoma23 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlacktacoma23 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlacktacoma23 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlacktacoma23 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlacktacoma23 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlacktacoma23 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlacktacoma23 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlacktacoma23 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlacktacoma23 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlacktacoma23 is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: Matt
Blacktacoma23's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
exactly. Having to get custom length coilovers. I'm going with king dual rate pure race coilovers

2.0 x 33.81 extended length with custom shock towers through the fender well prolly
oh hot dam son, any info on the upgraded steering?
Old 06-22-2013, 07:18 AM   #20

Quote:

Ok Mark, since you have been doing exactly what im about to start doing with regards to removing everything PC besides the crossmember. How does my list look? What made you go LSK vs TC?

Products Discussed in this Thread