Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > Suspension

Notices

What?! No DIY for Leaf Pack Replacements?

Old 06-21-2013, 12:37 AM   #1
those who seek fear shall be followed by fear
TacomaMtnMan has much to be proud ofTacomaMtnMan has much to be proud ofTacomaMtnMan has much to be proud ofTacomaMtnMan has much to be proud ofTacomaMtnMan has much to be proud ofTacomaMtnMan has much to be proud ofTacomaMtnMan has much to be proud ofTacomaMtnMan has much to be proud of

Name: Chuck
TacomaMtnMan's Tacoma Gallery
What?! No DIY for Leaf Pack Replacements?

Okay,

I know its probably easier to replace the leaf packs than doing an AAL. But did I miss a thread about this? More specifically what are the torque specs for attaching the new springs with new bushings?

---
I am looking at the Alcan 3.5 inch lift springs with the 2.0 or 2.5 Rear Fox Shocks with reservoirs.

I just want to be sure I purchase the right setup, would the 10 inch travel shocks be correct? Extended length: 26.10" | Collapsed length: 16.10"

---
Lastly, do I need the brake line extensions?
---

Is an AAL system just as comparable as a leaf pack?

Thanks in advance!
~ Chuck
Old 06-21-2013, 12:39 AM   #2
blake5995 is one of the sharper tools in the shedblake5995 is one of the sharper tools in the shedblake5995 is one of the sharper tools in the shedblake5995 is one of the sharper tools in the shedblake5995 is one of the sharper tools in the shedblake5995 is one of the sharper tools in the shedblake5995 is one of the sharper tools in the shedblake5995 is one of the sharper tools in the shedblake5995 is one of the sharper tools in the shedblake5995 is one of the sharper tools in the shedblake5995 is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: Blake
blake5995's Tacoma Gallery
i would go with new packs over AAL and i dont think you need a extended rear brake line but i am not 100% sure on that
Old 06-21-2013, 01:20 AM   #3
BulletToothTony is one of the sharper tools in the shedBulletToothTony is one of the sharper tools in the shedBulletToothTony is one of the sharper tools in the shedBulletToothTony is one of the sharper tools in the shedBulletToothTony is one of the sharper tools in the shedBulletToothTony is one of the sharper tools in the shedBulletToothTony is one of the sharper tools in the shedBulletToothTony is one of the sharper tools in the shedBulletToothTony is one of the sharper tools in the shedBulletToothTony is one of the sharper tools in the shedBulletToothTony is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: You can call me Susan if it makes you happy.
BulletToothTony's Tacoma Gallery
If you're going to running that much lift and travel I'd get the extended brake lines...
Old 06-21-2013, 03:47 PM   #4
TacomaMtnMan has much to be proud ofTacomaMtnMan has much to be proud ofTacomaMtnMan has much to be proud ofTacomaMtnMan has much to be proud ofTacomaMtnMan has much to be proud ofTacomaMtnMan has much to be proud ofTacomaMtnMan has much to be proud ofTacomaMtnMan has much to be proud of

Quote:
Originally Posted by BulletToothTony View Post
If you're going to running that much lift and travel I'd get the extended brake lines...

Yeah better safe than sorry. So did anyone have the AAL and then get a leaf pack... did you see a ride difference?
Old 06-21-2013, 03:58 PM   #5
Mama says Tacoma World is da devil!
bjboucher is one of the sharper tools in the shedbjboucher is one of the sharper tools in the shedbjboucher is one of the sharper tools in the shedbjboucher is one of the sharper tools in the shedbjboucher is one of the sharper tools in the shedbjboucher is one of the sharper tools in the shedbjboucher is one of the sharper tools in the shedbjboucher is one of the sharper tools in the shedbjboucher is one of the sharper tools in the shedbjboucher is one of the sharper tools in the shedbjboucher is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Air Force:
Name: Brad
bjboucher's Tacoma Gallery
If you look at the OME install sticky, it includes replacing the leaf pack.
Old 06-21-2013, 11:38 PM   #6
Ronn is a splendid one to beholdRonn is a splendid one to beholdRonn is a splendid one to beholdRonn is a splendid one to beholdRonn is a splendid one to beholdRonn is a splendid one to behold
Name: Ron
Ronn's Tacoma Gallery
87 ft lbs IIRC for eye bolts.
Old 06-24-2013, 10:20 PM   #7

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ronn View Post
87 ft lbs IIRC for eye bolts.
Thanks Ronn!

Does anyone have Alcan springs with any feedback?
Old 06-24-2013, 10:21 PM   #8
Lest We Forget
cmack cmack cmack cmack cmack cmack cmack cmack cmack cmack cmack
cmack's Tacoma Gallery
old man doug.....

PM member 4wd for more info

this message is sponsored by makers mark