1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

2nd Gen front spring assembly. Am I missing anything??*PIC*

Discussion in 'Suspension' started by Digger2, Jun 21, 2013.

1. Jun 21, 2013 at 6:44 AM
    Digger2

Digger2 [OP] Well-Known Member

Member:
    Ontario, Canada
    Vehicle:
    '08 Double Cab TRD
    ARB Deluxe bumper, Full OME HD lift kit with Dakars. Frame welded Crew Fab DOM rock rails,Custom full skid plates, tow points,Cab mount chop, 265/70R17 Duratracs, weather tech mats.Coming soon Camburg BJ UCA's, Warn ??? winch
    Hey guys, so I have purchased the full OME HD kit(not here yet on its way) for my 2008 DCLB truck. I am wanting to pre-assemble the front struts using all new componets to make install a little quicker and the truck has 60k miles on it so I think its a good time to replace some stuff. So I have purchased all the nuts, cushion, cushion retainers from Toyota. The top plate is Monroe and the spring isolator is energy suspensions. So my question is there susposed to be a rubber cushion between the inside of top plate and the retainer that fits over the OME shock rod?? I have checked all of the parts diagrams but cannot seem to see anything. It just shows as follows: Nut, Cushion retainer, Cushion, top plate (just steel-no bushings inside) bottom retainer, then shock, of course the spring isolator is in there to. I think on the first gen trucks there is a rubber cushion on either side of the top plate but anything I've seen for second gen it only has the rubber on top, and the "steel washer" is on the strut up against bottom side of top plate (steel on steel). If it looks correct great, but if not please let me know so I can get the part. Thanks!

[​IMG]

I think I'm missing the lower rubber cushion as shown in this photo from another member. Why these "strut mount kits" don't come with the proper bushings is beyond me. The dealer doesn't even show that lower rubber, must come with the top plate??

1314661093_ec83de0aeeecf7b70217b66ccff03a516e9108c5.jpg

Last edited: Jun 21, 2013
  2. Jun 23, 2013 at 10:05 PM
    Ronn

Ronn Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Ron
    Northern Ontario
    Vehicle:
    2007 DCLB 4x4 SR5
    Westin bullbar, KC slimlites, Mini D2S headlight retrofit, 5100 front @ 1.75 and 5100 rear, Wheelers HD leaf pack

Scroll down to Strut stem cushion and washer kit. 20 bucks.

Products Discussed in

To Top