Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > Suspension

Notices

2nd Gen front spring assembly. Am I missing anything??*PIC*

Old 06-21-2013, 07:44 AM   #1
Digger2 is on a distinguished road
Digger2's Tacoma Gallery
2nd Gen front spring assembly. Am I missing anything??*PIC*

Hey guys, so I have purchased the full OME HD kit(not here yet on its way) for my 2008 DCLB truck. I am wanting to pre-assemble the front struts using all new componets to make install a little quicker and the truck has 60k miles on it so I think its a good time to replace some stuff. So I have purchased all the nuts, cushion, cushion retainers from Toyota. The top plate is Monroe and the spring isolator is energy suspensions. So my question is there susposed to be a rubber cushion between the inside of top plate and the retainer that fits over the OME shock rod?? I have checked all of the parts diagrams but cannot seem to see anything. It just shows as follows: Nut, Cushion retainer, Cushion, top plate (just steel-no bushings inside) bottom retainer, then shock, of course the spring isolator is in there to. I think on the first gen trucks there is a rubber cushion on either side of the top plate but anything I've seen for second gen it only has the rubber on top, and the "steel washer" is on the strut up against bottom side of top plate (steel on steel). If it looks correct great, but if not please let me know so I can get the part. Thanks!

I think I'm missing the lower rubber cushion as shown in this photo from another member. Why these "strut mount kits" don't come with the proper bushings is beyond me. The dealer doesn't even show that lower rubber, must come with the top plate??

Old 06-23-2013, 11:05 PM   #2
Ronn is a splendid one to beholdRonn is a splendid one to beholdRonn is a splendid one to beholdRonn is a splendid one to beholdRonn is a splendid one to beholdRonn is a splendid one to behold
Name: Ron
Ronn's Tacoma Gallery
http://www.wheelersoffroad.com/05upometaco.htm

Scroll down to Strut stem cushion and washer kit. 20 bucks.