Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > Suspension

Notices

Leveling kit

Old 06-21-2013, 03:11 PM   #1
stevep is on a distinguished road
stevep's Tacoma Gallery
Leveling kit

I want to level out the front of my truck what leveling kit should I buy and how hard is it to do
Old 06-21-2013, 05:28 PM   #2
sirsaechao is one of the sharper tools in the shedsirsaechao is one of the sharper tools in the shedsirsaechao is one of the sharper tools in the shedsirsaechao is one of the sharper tools in the shedsirsaechao is one of the sharper tools in the shedsirsaechao is one of the sharper tools in the shedsirsaechao is one of the sharper tools in the shedsirsaechao is one of the sharper tools in the shedsirsaechao is one of the sharper tools in the shedsirsaechao is one of the sharper tools in the shedsirsaechao is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Tim
sirsaechao's Tacoma Gallery
Get a set of Bilstein 5100's adjustables and set them at. 1.75" and call it good.
Old 06-21-2013, 06:22 PM   #3
I'm A Grinder
pivey14 has a spectacular aura aboutpivey14 has a spectacular aura aboutpivey14 has a spectacular aura about

Name: Patrick
pivey14's Tacoma Gallery
^^^ this
Old 06-22-2013, 02:43 PM   #4
stevep is on a distinguished road
stevep's Tacoma Gallery
level kit

don't plan on off roading just want to level the truck and don't want to spend a lot of money
is the leveling kit hard to do and do you nee special tools
truck is still like brand new and I don't want to buy new shocks maybe when the shocks are shot
Old 06-23-2013, 02:31 PM   #5
N2DIVING is one of the sharper tools in the shedN2DIVING is one of the sharper tools in the shedN2DIVING is one of the sharper tools in the shedN2DIVING is one of the sharper tools in the shedN2DIVING is one of the sharper tools in the shedN2DIVING is one of the sharper tools in the shedN2DIVING is one of the sharper tools in the shedN2DIVING is one of the sharper tools in the shedN2DIVING is one of the sharper tools in the shedN2DIVING is one of the sharper tools in the shedN2DIVING is one of the sharper tools in the shed
N2DIVING's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by sirsaechao View Post
Get a set of Bilstein 5100's adjustables and set them at. 1.75" and call it good.
Question for you
Being a new Taco Owner in doing Bilsteins is it necessary to replace control arms or is the 1.75" not enough to put everything out of adjustment.

Any advice would be appreciated.
Old 06-23-2013, 02:48 PM   #6
sirsaechao is one of the sharper tools in the shedsirsaechao is one of the sharper tools in the shedsirsaechao is one of the sharper tools in the shedsirsaechao is one of the sharper tools in the shedsirsaechao is one of the sharper tools in the shedsirsaechao is one of the sharper tools in the shedsirsaechao is one of the sharper tools in the shedsirsaechao is one of the sharper tools in the shedsirsaechao is one of the sharper tools in the shedsirsaechao is one of the sharper tools in the shedsirsaechao is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Tim
sirsaechao's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by N2DIVING View Post
Question for you
Being a new Taco Owner in doing Bilsteins is it necessary to replace control arms or is the 1.75" not enough to put everything out of adjustment.

Any advice would be appreciated.
You should be able to get your truck back in spec with stock UCA's with the Bilstein set at 1.75".
Old 06-23-2013, 02:49 PM   #7
ncooper is on a distinguished road
Coast Guard:
Name: Nick
ncooper's Tacoma Gallery
I just installed the 5100's @ 1.75 and had no issues with the alignment. The truck also feels like it rides close to stock, just a little firmer but I don't mind that.
Old 06-23-2013, 03:06 PM   #8
ColtsTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedColtsTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedColtsTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedColtsTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedColtsTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedColtsTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedColtsTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedColtsTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedColtsTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedColtsTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedColtsTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Scott
ColtsTRD's Tacoma Gallery
Like stated above, Bilstein 5100s are the best way to level it out. Set the retaing coller on the 3rd notch.

Rent a coil compressor from auto zone or just take the coils and shocks to have them assembled someplace local.
Old 06-23-2013, 05:56 PM   #9
All I Do Is Nguyen
gym_jamz is one of the sharper tools in the shedgym_jamz is one of the sharper tools in the shedgym_jamz is one of the sharper tools in the shedgym_jamz is one of the sharper tools in the shedgym_jamz is one of the sharper tools in the shedgym_jamz is one of the sharper tools in the shedgym_jamz is one of the sharper tools in the shedgym_jamz is one of the sharper tools in the shedgym_jamz is one of the sharper tools in the shedgym_jamz is one of the sharper tools in the shedgym_jamz is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Jimmy
gym_jamz's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by ColtsTRD View Post
Like stated above, Bilstein 5100s are the best way to level it out. Set the retaing coller on the 3rd notch.

Rent a coil compressor from auto zone or just take the coils and shocks to have them assembled someplace local.
Important: That collar is upside down in the picture!
Old 06-24-2013, 02:08 PM   #10
mike92y has a brilliant futuremike92y has a brilliant futuremike92y has a brilliant futuremike92y has a brilliant futuremike92y has a brilliant futuremike92y has a brilliant futuremike92y has a brilliant futuremike92y has a brilliant futuremike92y has a brilliant futuremike92y has a brilliant futuremike92y has a brilliant future
Army: SFC,  19 years, 5 to go.
Name: Michael
mike92y's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by ColtsTRD View Post

^
Take them into a shop and have them switch out the coils. Cost me $15 a coil at the shop down the road from me. Auto zone compressor are scary. I bought a fairly decent compressor and did springs once. Never again. The springs have alot of power and can kill or maim you.