Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > Suspension

Notices

TSB 2" or 1.5" AAL- ordering soon

Old 02-26-2009, 10:39 PM   #1
dewriffic16 is on a distinguished road

Name: David
dewriffic16's Tacoma Gallery
Question TSB 2" or 1.5" AAL- ordering soon

I'm about to place an order for a toytech ultimate lift, already got the discount code and everything, question I have now is that I have checked my 09 truck and I think it should qualify for the TSB to be done. (Only have about 1K on the truck so no heavy loads yet, but I know it will see them later on, especially pulling a boat and the bikes all the fun stuff) So does the ultimate lift only come with the normal AAL? Anyone know how big it is, like 2.5", (doesn't have anywhere online to change it), or can I request a 2" or 1.5" TSB i've read about here? Lastly, toyota wants me to bring my truck in and have them check to see if I qualify for the TSB and like I said never really loaded it down yet so I assume they will be looking at the bump stops or something, but they won't show wear. But I don't want to wait to install my lift until after I find something heavy to load.

So do I just leave the stock leafs in there and order the kit as is, or should I order the TSB AAL springs? If i do order the TSB AAL, should I go with 2" or 1.5", I plan to set the front c/o's at 3" with a TC UCA. I want the back level, anyone have pics of the new TSB Add a leafs from toytech for me to compare?

Thanks in advance, sorry so many questions
Old 02-26-2009, 10:59 PM   #2
Carolina Alliance
jolayiv is one of the sharper tools in the shedjolayiv is one of the sharper tools in the shedjolayiv is one of the sharper tools in the shedjolayiv is one of the sharper tools in the shedjolayiv is one of the sharper tools in the shedjolayiv is one of the sharper tools in the shedjolayiv is one of the sharper tools in the shedjolayiv is one of the sharper tools in the shedjolayiv is one of the sharper tools in the shedjolayiv is one of the sharper tools in the shedjolayiv is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Marines: SSgt 6332
Name: Jim
jolayiv's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via AIM to jolayiv
When you place your order you can specify which springs/AAL you want. I have had the TSB done so I ordered the TSB AAL which gave me 2" of additional lift.

Normal AAL from Toytec is 2" and the TSB AAL is 1.5".

I recommend loading up your bike driving around and jumping on the bumper until you make some bump stop marks on the frame.
Old 02-26-2009, 11:07 PM   #3

Thanks, did you call them to ask for the TSB springs or is there somewhere to make the adjustments online? Also, will they check anything else when I take it in to get the TSB inspection? Anyone work for toyota? haha
Old 02-26-2009, 11:07 PM   #4
bradu81 will become famous soon enoughbradu81 will become famous soon enough
bradu81's Tacoma Gallery
Whats the discount code? or how do i find it? looking to do a toytec lift soon also. thanks
Old 02-26-2009, 11:08 PM   #5
Carolina Alliance
jolayiv is one of the sharper tools in the shedjolayiv is one of the sharper tools in the shedjolayiv is one of the sharper tools in the shedjolayiv is one of the sharper tools in the shedjolayiv is one of the sharper tools in the shedjolayiv is one of the sharper tools in the shedjolayiv is one of the sharper tools in the shedjolayiv is one of the sharper tools in the shedjolayiv is one of the sharper tools in the shedjolayiv is one of the sharper tools in the shedjolayiv is one of the sharper tools in the shed

jolayiv's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by dewriffic16 View Post
Thanks, did you call them to ask for the TSB springs or is there somewhere to make the adjustments online? Also, will they check anything else when I take it in to get the TSB inspection? Anyone work for toyota? haha
I called and talked to Doug (great guy)

All I did was show where my bump stops were hitting. No questions asked, they placed the parts on order.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bradu81 View Post
Whats the discount code? or how do i find it? looking to do a toytec lift soon also. thanks
PM Neubs
Old 02-26-2009, 11:09 PM   #6

I just PMed Neubs, told him what I was thinking about getting and he sent me a couple notes back...
Old 02-26-2009, 11:11 PM   #7

Sweet, thanks, do you have any pics of your truck after the lift?
Old 02-26-2009, 11:11 PM   #8
Carolina Alliance

jolayiv's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Sweet, thanks, do you have any pics of your truck after the lift?
No none yet. I'm waiting on my UCA to come in before I mount my rims/tires.

Your going to love this kit btw.
Old 02-28-2009, 05:17 PM   #9
docuw is on a distinguished road

docuw's Tacoma Gallery
I am understanding correctly that you got the TSB leaf pack upgraded on an 09 Taco? I have an 09, but the latest TSB only includes up to 08, and am wondering if the dealer will go for it. Bump stops hit with 4wheeler in back.
Old 02-28-2009, 08:20 PM   #10

Ya I didn't know it was possible either till I read it here
http://www.tacomaworld.com/forum/2nd...-tomorrow.html
I called my local toyota stealer and they said it was only for the 2008 and older but the service manager wasn't there so I will be going in on monday to talk with him about. So so far I'm still waiting to get confimation for my 09 but its the same vin and same parts so I don't see why it wouldn't be applicable to our 09 trucks.
Old 02-28-2009, 08:45 PM   #11
Sold my Tacoma. Goodbye TW.
Neubs is one of the sharper tools in the shedNeubs is one of the sharper tools in the shedNeubs is one of the sharper tools in the shedNeubs is one of the sharper tools in the shedNeubs is one of the sharper tools in the shedNeubs is one of the sharper tools in the shedNeubs is one of the sharper tools in the shedNeubs is one of the sharper tools in the shedNeubs is one of the sharper tools in the shedNeubs is one of the sharper tools in the shedNeubs is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Neubs's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Ya I didn't know it was possible either till I read it here
http://www.tacomaworld.com/forum/2nd...-tomorrow.html
I called my local toyota stealer and they said it was only for the 2008 and older but the service manager wasn't there so I will be going in on monday to talk with him about. So so far I'm still waiting to get confimation for my 09 but its the same vin and same parts so I don't see why it wouldn't be applicable to our 09 trucks.
Hey dewriffic,

You can specify in the notes section what AAL you want. ToyTec will ship you either one in the kit. As for which one to order well that can be tough decision. The AAL for the TSB is a low load, low arch spring. It is designed to maintain as much of the factory ride quality as possible without making the ride too stiff. This AAL is also a little shorter on one side because the spring pack retainers. Consider that the TSB will add about 1" of lift once it is installed. Mine TSB added 1" and the AAL added another 1-1.5" so I had a solid 2-2.5" of rear lift. The regular AAL has a higher arch to give more lift than the AAL with the TSB and it will slightly stiffen the ride characteristics. I hope this helps you with your decision.