1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

Help: Bushings for NWOR rear leaf springs

Discussion in 'Suspension' started by REDNICK, Jul 5, 2013.

1. Aug 1, 2013 at 7:04 PM
    REDNICK

REDNICK [OP] Active Member

Member:
    Raleigh, NC
    Vehicle:
    04 Tacoma TRD DC V6 4x4
    5k Switchback LED foglight mod, Flowmaster 40 dual exhaust, UWS Diamond-Plated toolbox, Hella 500's, bull bar, DARK 5% tinted windows, Pacer Rims, K&N Air Filter, Line-X bedliner, Cobra CB Radio/PA System, VVME 35w 4300k HIDs, camo seat covers
    Haha, that did make me laugh. Seemed like a well crafted email with the perfect amount of facts and criticism. Hopefully world will spread about NWOR in regards to their misleading information, no warranty, no returns, and non-existent customer service... You should create a new thread (if you haven't already) and just give fellow TW users a heads up about your bad experience with NWOR and steer them away from their products.

Glad you ordered the 5100's, I think you'll be very happy with those! Plus new shocks in the rear and you'll be ready for going offroad w/ no worries of breaking anything.

2. Aug 2, 2013 at 1:08 PM
    REDNICK

Member:
    Raleigh, NC
    Vehicle:
    04 Tacoma TRD DC V6 4x4
    5k Switchback LED foglight mod, Flowmaster 40 dual exhaust, UWS Diamond-Plated toolbox, Hella 500's, bull bar, DARK 5% tinted windows, Pacer Rims, K&N Air Filter, Line-X bedliner, Cobra CB Radio/PA System, VVME 35w 4300k HIDs, camo seat covers
    Well it's now 4pm and no bushings have been delivered, as was promised by John from NWOR... So I called FedEx and after giving them my address (since I was not given a tracking number from NWOR) I was told that they have absolutely no records of any shipments being delivered to my address. Seriously?!?! So it appears the all-knowing John didn't even enter my address in correctly. Who knows where my bushings will be shipped to now and even worse I have tried calling NWOR ALL day with no luck. Their website says their "new" winter hours are Monday-Thursday. Well it sure as hell is not winter anymore and when I call it doesn't even say they are closed, instead it says please wait for a representative to speak with you and that goes on for 20+ minutes with no one answering the phone. Even the recorded message they play while I wait says their hours are Monday - Friday. They have completely pissed me off now and I am unable to install my lift until I get these parts...

3. Aug 2, 2013 at 6:04 PM
    3rd Taco

3rd Taco Member

Member:
    Vehicle:
    05 Tacoma
    That SUCKS!!!!!!!!!

4. Aug 4, 2013 at 9:57 AM
    REDNICK

Member:
    Raleigh, NC
    Vehicle:
    04 Tacoma TRD DC V6 4x4
    Yeah it really does suck... Could you provide me with an email address for NWOR? Looking on their website I was unable to find one (surprise surprise)...

5. Aug 4, 2013 at 3:03 PM
    3rd Taco

3rd Taco Member

Member:
    Vehicle:
    05 Tacoma
    Would be more than happy: jlh5700@nas.com
    I will be calling them in the morning, just to say hi, :stirthepot: can't think of a better way to start my week. May even find time to chat with them on Tuesday, although they may be phone shy by then :crapstorm:

6. Aug 4, 2013 at 4:56 PM
    paranoid56

paranoid56 Well-Known Member

Member:
    San Diego
    Vehicle:
    14 double cab taco
    cant believe people are still buying from NWOR (or as most of us call it, no warranty or returns) :D if you do some searching you can see that they love to sell crap to people and most times people are unhappy with them. fyi

7. Aug 4, 2013 at 6:51 PM
    3rd Taco

3rd Taco Member

Member:
    Vehicle:
    05 Tacoma
    Unfortunately I found NWOR before I found this site, won't be making the same mistake again.

8. Aug 4, 2013 at 8:36 PM
    REDNICK

Member:
    Raleigh, NC
    Vehicle:
    04 Tacoma TRD DC V6 4x4
    Thanks for the email address 3rd Taco. I can only imagine how your conversation will go with them (or should I just say "him"). I mean is John really the only guy allowed to answer the phone at this place? I would LOVE to talk to somebody different for a change.

9. Aug 4, 2013 at 8:44 PM
    REDNICK

Member:
    Raleigh, NC
    Vehicle:
    04 Tacoma TRD DC V6 4x4
    Only reason why I bought from NWOR is because I got a really good deal on the rear leaf springs from a guy selling them on craigslist. I wasn't sure if bushings from other companies would fit perfectly with my NWOR springs so I decided to buy from NWOR in order to ensure the bushings would fit. I really never imagined it would be this difficult just to get some bushings shipped to my house... At least give me some respect for replacing my entire rear leaf springs instead of just going with a block in the back. I've done my research and everything has its pros and cons. You live and you learn though, and I've learned I will never do business with NWOR again!

10. Aug 8, 2013 at 12:25 AM
    REDNICK

Member:
    Raleigh, NC
    Vehicle:
    04 Tacoma TRD DC V6 4x4
    This may be a long post but it should be entertaining to read...

My email was ignored, surprise surprise, so I called John. I told him I needed all the information he had for my order. Well after being on hold for over 2 minutes he finally got back on the phone with me. This is how the conversation went:
    • Me: I need a tracking number for my package.
    • John: I already gave you the tracking number last week.
    • Me: No, I asked for the number and you wouldn't give it to me.
    • John: I give out tracking numbers for every package we ship.
    • Me: John why are you lying to me? I wouldn't be asking for the tracking number if you already gave it to me... Please email me the number so I have it in writing and I currently have no pen or paper nearby.
    • John: No, I can't email it to you.

So I run into a nearby bar and within 10 seconds borrow a pen and paper. John I'm ready for the number now. Silence... He hung up on me! So I call him back and he says the number as fast as possible just to be an ass so that I can't possibly write down the numbers in time. I had to ask him 3x just to repeat the number (because he kept ignoring me) until he finally read it as fast as possible again. Then he had the nerve to lie to me again and tell me the package was delivered on Friday and Saturday but nobody was home to sign for it. Well John that's not true at all because I was home ALL day Friday and Saturday waiting for this package. After this he hangs up on me for the 2nd time!

I call FedEx now that I have a tracking number and they tell me they never attempted delivery Friday or Saturday, but they will have it at my house on Tuesday.

So now I just have to call John back and talk to him:
    • Me: John are you the owner of this company?
    • John: No, I am the General Manager and I am the one who answers the phone and manages all the sales.
    • Me: Well I would really like to know why you treat your customers like shit?!?!
    • John: Well then do you want your money back?
    • Me: No, I just want to get my package but I am frustrated that you have lied to me multiple times about when it would be delivered.
    • John: You don't know when the package was delivered because you don't have a computer screen infront of your face like I do that says when it came to your house!
    • Me: I really don't understand why you are treating me this way when I have given you nearly $100.
    • John: YOU KNOW WHY? IT'S BECAUSE YOU'RE A F@@KIN' ASSHOLE!!!

And then John hangs up for the 3rd time. All I can say is WOWWWWW... I literally never yelled at him or cussed at him the entire time even though he hung up on me 2x. I was quite shocked he decided to drop a F bomb and cuss at me like that.

Only good news is that the bushings did indeed arrive on Tuesday, just like FedEx told me they would do. Looked at the package and my address was spelled incorrectly (thanks to John) and they took 5 days from the time I placed my order to the time they actually shipped the bushings (which were in stock) from their company... So basically it took 2 full weeks for me to get a small box that weighs less than 5lbs. Planning on putting the lift on Saturday and never dealing with NWOR ever again! What a night-mare...

11. Aug 8, 2013 at 2:05 PM
    3rd Taco

3rd Taco Member

Member:
    Vehicle:
    05 Tacoma
    That sounds like virtually every conversation I have had with old John at NWOR, man holds a lot of anger for sure, thinking maybe one of his siblings molested him at a young age.
    Glad you got your bushings in and can finally work on your truck.
    My shocks came in earlier this week and need to get them put in and get the truck aligned, hitting the road next Thursday and I HAVE to be ready, cant wait to hit the road.

12. Aug 11, 2013 at 11:12 PM
    REDNICK

Member:
    Raleigh, NC
    Vehicle:
    04 Tacoma TRD DC V6 4x4
    Well I'm happy to say I finally got the lift installed on my truck Saturday! I'm gonna get an alignment on Monday and then I'll be able to take some measurements to see how much height I gained. So far it looks great and I'm happy with it. I'll put some pics up soon.

Products Discussed in

To Top