Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > Suspension

Notices

VSC recalibration, how many folks accomplish it

Old 07-06-2013, 09:52 PM   #2
I've done... questionable things.
OZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Peter North
OZ-T's Tacoma Gallery
I have had it done three times , it worked the first two times
Old 07-07-2013, 03:15 AM   #4
PMK is one of the sharper tools in the shedPMK is one of the sharper tools in the shedPMK is one of the sharper tools in the shedPMK is one of the sharper tools in the shedPMK is one of the sharper tools in the shedPMK is one of the sharper tools in the shedPMK is one of the sharper tools in the shedPMK is one of the sharper tools in the shedPMK is one of the sharper tools in the shedPMK is one of the sharper tools in the shedPMK is one of the sharper tools in the shed

PMK's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by OffroadToy View Post
With just a 2" lift i just had the alignment done... the vsc still works fine with no problems.
How do you know that for fact?

The tech pubs state a recalibration should be accomplished whenever the front end is aligned or the sensor is replaced.

Just correcting the Taco lean should have it recal'd.

Not bagging on you, just suspect it is more common not to recal which seems odd since it is a performance and safety item.

PK
Old 07-07-2013, 03:49 AM   #5
bigtaco06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedbigtaco06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedbigtaco06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedbigtaco06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedbigtaco06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedbigtaco06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedbigtaco06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedbigtaco06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedbigtaco06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedbigtaco06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedbigtaco06 is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Air Force: 9SFS
Name: Jared
bigtaco06's Tacoma Gallery
Subd
Old 07-07-2013, 05:59 AM   #6
Mama says Tacoma World is da devil!
bjboucher is one of the sharper tools in the shedbjboucher is one of the sharper tools in the shedbjboucher is one of the sharper tools in the shedbjboucher is one of the sharper tools in the shedbjboucher is one of the sharper tools in the shedbjboucher is one of the sharper tools in the shedbjboucher is one of the sharper tools in the shedbjboucher is one of the sharper tools in the shedbjboucher is one of the sharper tools in the shedbjboucher is one of the sharper tools in the shedbjboucher is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Air Force:
Name: Brad
bjboucher's Tacoma Gallery
When they did my alignment it was included. Their paperwork called it ESC but I assume it's the VSC. Their alignment computer tells them whether it's required or not. Guess it depends on how big of a change they make.
Old 07-07-2013, 01:54 PM   #7
The dog did it...I swear!
OffroadToy is one of the sharper tools in the shedOffroadToy is one of the sharper tools in the shedOffroadToy is one of the sharper tools in the shedOffroadToy is one of the sharper tools in the shedOffroadToy is one of the sharper tools in the shedOffroadToy is one of the sharper tools in the shedOffroadToy is one of the sharper tools in the shedOffroadToy is one of the sharper tools in the shedOffroadToy is one of the sharper tools in the shedOffroadToy is one of the sharper tools in the shedOffroadToy is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Location: High Desert... land of junipers, sage brush, and lava rock
OffroadToy's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by PMK View Post
How do you know that for fact?

The tech pubs state a recalibration should be accomplished whenever the front end is aligned or the sensor is replaced.

Just correcting the Taco lean should have it recal'd.

Not bagging on you, just suspect it is more common not to recal which seems odd since it is a performance and safety item.

PK
I still have the same lean... don't care for the level look. The vsc comes on when needed just like it did before the lift... no difference.
Old 07-09-2013, 02:51 PM   #8
TruKnight has a brilliant futureTruKnight has a brilliant futureTruKnight has a brilliant futureTruKnight has a brilliant futureTruKnight has a brilliant futureTruKnight has a brilliant futureTruKnight has a brilliant futureTruKnight has a brilliant futureTruKnight has a brilliant futureTruKnight has a brilliant futureTruKnight has a brilliant future

Name: Tru
TruKnight's Tacoma Gallery
I haven't had mine recalibrated. it might go off randomly once a month, not a big deal.
Old 07-27-2013, 08:42 PM   #9
Rocknroll is on a distinguished road

Name: Devin
Rocknroll's Tacoma Gallery
Put on a 3" lift and didn't reset VSC.

What happens if it isn't recalibrated? Does it just turn off or does it affect handling?
Old 07-27-2013, 08:52 PM   #10
Super Black Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedSuper Black Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedSuper Black Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedSuper Black Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedSuper Black Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedSuper Black Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedSuper Black Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedSuper Black Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedSuper Black Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedSuper Black Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedSuper Black Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Grayson
Super Black Taco's Tacoma Gallery
I tried didn't work. If you live in the city its not a big deal. If you live in the mountains you are going to have a bad time. With that being said i pulled the fuse and have never looked back except i do miss my limited slip should of bought a 08
Old 07-27-2013, 08:58 PM   #11
how hard can it be?
snowsk8air2 is on a distinguished road

Name: Ryan
snowsk8air2's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rocknroll View Post
Put on a 3" lift and didn't reset VSC.

What happens if it isn't recalibrated? Does it just turn off or does it affect handling?
its more susceptible to go off when it shouldn't. if i'm driving on a windy road or pulling into a shopping center driveway that's a little off camber it'll kick in. most daily driving situations, not recalibrating it shouldn't be a huge deal. and when not on pavement, the good ole abs kill switch turns all that nonsense off to keep it from interfering with the drive
Old 07-31-2013, 10:21 PM   #13
Rocknroll is on a distinguished road

Name: Devin
Rocknroll's Tacoma Gallery
Can you post how you recalibrated yours? Thanks