1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

Allpro leafs part question

Discussion in 'Suspension' started by RiverBoyTRD, Jul 11, 2013.

1. Jul 11, 2013 at 5:22 PM
    RiverBoyTRD

RiverBoyTRD [OP] Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Jonathan
    San Antonio
    Vehicle:
    05 TRD OR
    2 Hellas, 3 inch, spiders, grill guard, 285's, BHLM etc.
    About to throw some money at the expos, are the timbrens worth the money? I will be doing their UBolt flip and 239 for a kit with the stops is a little steep, don't want to take the plunge if they are not worth it.

Second they say a 4 inch lift is achieved 'unloaded' what shocks are you guys running? I have MX6 adjustables now and love them. I still need to install my shackle flip as well, so I'm looking at quite I bit of unloaded lift and reasonable droop.

Any help would be awesome. Any additional info will supplied if needed.

2. Jul 12, 2013 at 2:32 PM
    RiverBoyTRD

Member:
    First Name:
    Jonathan
    San Antonio
    Vehicle:
    05 TRD OR
  3. Jul 14, 2013 at 3:44 PM
    RiverBoyTRD

Member:
    First Name:
    Jonathan
    San Antonio
    Vehicle:
    05 TRD OR
    Nobody has timbrens?? Or any info with expos and a flippy?

Last bump the his will fade into obscurity

4. Jul 14, 2013 at 3:59 PM
    Erik65

Erik65 Dog slave

Member:
    First Name:
    Erik
    Oxford, MA
    Vehicle:
    2011 Timberland Mica TX Pro DC
    Stainless exhaust, 16" TRD wheels, 285x75x16 MTR Kevlars, Icon Stage IV, Icon Secondary shock hoop with adjustable remote reservoir bypass shocks, ATO shackle flip kit, AP U-bolt flip, AP Skids (IFS, transmission, T-case, diff cover)
    You'll definitely need long travel shocks for that set up. I would recommend hydro bumps like the Icons too.

5. Jul 29, 2013 at 2:41 AM
    BlueSteel

BlueSteel Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    James
    The Woodlands, TX
    Vehicle:
    09 Magnetic Grey Doublecab TRD Sport Debadged
    Camburg 4" Spindles, Icon CB 2.5 adjustables front and rear, Total Chaos Upper/Lower CAs, Alcan 5" Rear Leafs, Timbren Bumpstops, 5" SS Brakelines, 295/70/18 Nitto Trail Grapplers on 18" KMC Monsters, Grill Craft Black Mesh Upper, Predator Running Boards, All Pro Rear Bumper and Hitch, Wet Okole Covers, Toyota Roof Rack, Limo Tint, TRD CAI, TRD Exhaust, Weathertech Mats, Redline Hood Struts, Red Top Odyssey battery, BDF Light Bar, Foglight anytime Mod, Lo Pro QT Truxedo Tonneau cover, Rocky Mount Bike Pegs.
    I have the Expos and the Timbren bumps. The Timbrens are a bit harder than the stock bumps so you might want to factor that in with the firm ride of the Expos. The Expos will put you about level with the front on a 4"-4.5" lift. I am currently running Camburg Spindles on my Prerunner and it sits nice. I also have 10.5" Fox 2.0 rear resi shocks, but it will depend by the manufacturer on the shock size for the rear if you decide to go with someone else.

I will be upgrading to Alcan 5" Leafs that I had built and they are currently sitting in my floor, just trying to find the time to install them. If you are down I can hook you up with my set of Expos because they are in good shape and already broken in. Just an FYI, the expos will be extremely firm and you will need a good break-in period if you purchase them new from All Pro.

Last edited: Jul 29, 2013
  6. Jul 31, 2013 at 9:08 PM
    mo13

mo13 Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Marc
    Orange park, FL
    Vehicle:
    2010 TRD OR
    Icon RR extended length coilovers with cdc,Icon RR 2.0 custom length shocks, Icon tube UCA,all pro standard leaf pack,allpro u bolt flip kit,extended front and rear steel braided brake lines,CMC,super bumps, color matched mirror covers, relentless fab front bumper, smittybilt 8k winch with syn line, viking thimble and hawse fairlead, d2s retro fits, 20" led bar on bamf bracket, 4 rigid duallys, skygear fuse box, viper remote start, and a very shotty made satoshi raptor mesh grill made by myself haha
    I can't talk about the expos but I have the standards with the ubolt flip kit and wheelers superbumps and I love em had to drill into the rear bumps to make them mount into the ubolt flip bracket but its not that hard to do and there is several ways to mount em up. Also there way cheaper than any hydro bump set up aswell as fairly inexpensive. Just adding my .02

Products Discussed in

To Top