Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > Suspension

Notices

Install Ez Lift 3" FRONT LIFT STRUT SPACER KIT?

Old 02-28-2009, 10:31 AM   #1
TX
TEX357 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTEX357 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTEX357 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTEX357 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTEX357 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTEX357 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTEX357 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTEX357 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTEX357 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTEX357 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTEX357 is one of the sharper tools in the shed
TEX357's Tacoma Gallery
Question Install Ez Lift 3" FRONT LIFT STRUT SPACER KIT?

has anyone installed this kit? " 3' FRONT LIFT STRUT SPACER KIT" its from extremetrucktoys.com,can you tell me if it was a difficult install or not? and also would it be hard to install these 1.5" Lift Cast Iron Block Set with U-Bolts for the rear? Thanks
Old 02-28-2009, 10:37 AM   #2
Custom Tacoma bumpers & more for your offroad toy
RelentlessTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedRelentlessTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedRelentlessTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedRelentlessTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedRelentlessTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedRelentlessTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedRelentlessTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedRelentlessTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedRelentlessTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedRelentlessTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedRelentlessTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Eric
RelentlessTaco's Tacoma Gallery
I installed my EZ lift myself with a hand from my dad a few times where the extra hand was necessary. Its not that bad of an install, though after having it for a while, I think I would have chosen a different lift from the get-go. I'm going to be switching to a Toytec OME 885 3" front lift. The strut spacers just arent the best way to lift; puts too much angle and stress on front suspension components.
The rear is pretty simple too, just need the proper tools and enough mechanical skill to be able to follow directions for the whole kit.
Old 02-28-2009, 07:31 PM   #3
J4RR is one of the sharper tools in the shedJ4RR is one of the sharper tools in the shedJ4RR is one of the sharper tools in the shedJ4RR is one of the sharper tools in the shedJ4RR is one of the sharper tools in the shedJ4RR is one of the sharper tools in the shedJ4RR is one of the sharper tools in the shedJ4RR is one of the sharper tools in the shedJ4RR is one of the sharper tools in the shedJ4RR is one of the sharper tools in the shedJ4RR is one of the sharper tools in the shed

J4RR's Tacoma Gallery
You'll be unhappy with that type of lift, the ride will be harsh, do it right the first time get the OME lift, inexpensive, good quality and plenty of lift.
Old 03-02-2009, 06:17 PM   #4
KoolWipTacoma is on a distinguished road
KoolWipTacoma's Tacoma Gallery
not that hard if you know wat your doing. wouldnt try it unless you feel like you can. and at least get someone with a little know-how to help you. but like i said it not too bad!
Old 03-02-2009, 06:26 PM   #5
Sooooooper Moderator
jhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Air Force: former TSgt/E6, 3D172, Cyber Transport, NC Air Guard and prior AD
Name: Jamie
jhodge83's Tacoma Gallery
both are easy and pretty straight forward. remove tires and full sway bar, drop the front spindle, take out CO, bolt spacer to top and reassemble...think thats all to the front. back is undo ubolts, remove bottom bolt of shock, jack the truck up to make room under the leafs for the block, insert block, lower truck, reinstall ubolts and shock bolt. easy peasy
Old 09-12-2009, 07:50 PM   #6
He is The STig
mick478 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmick478 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmick478 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmick478 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmick478 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmick478 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmick478 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmick478 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmick478 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmick478 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmick478 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Bott
mick478's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by J4RR View Post
You'll be unhappy with that type of lift, the ride will be harsh, do it right the first time get the OME lift, inexpensive, good quality and plenty of lift.

i second this, i would not buy this if i were you, i made the mistake, now im selling mine if you want it......
Old 09-12-2009, 08:16 PM   #8
Rollinn is a jewel in the roughRollinn is a jewel in the roughRollinn is a jewel in the roughRollinn is a jewel in the rough
Rollinn's Tacoma Gallery
for all the posters that say it is a harsh ride, have no Fu@#ing clue of what they are talking about.. sorry 4 being harsh, but if you dont know-dont answer like you do.. If its a top spacer lift their is NO PRELOAD on the strut.. So how the hell is it harsh?? Its not.. It will limit travel as the uca will be maxed out and alignment will not be perfect as you can only do so much w/ out aftermarket control arms..
I know the owner of EZ lift suspension in garden grove- hank and he is straight forward and been around for a long time.. they are economy lifts and I run his 1" on top of my icons..
Old 09-12-2009, 08:19 PM   #9
With sufficient thrust, pigs fly just fine.
chris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: FlimFlubberJAM
chris4x4's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rollinn View Post
for all the posters that say it is a harsh ride, have no Fu@#ing clue of what they are talking about.. sorry 4 being harsh, but if you dont know-dont answer like you do.. If its a top spacer lift their is NO PRELOAD on the strut.. So how the hell is it harsh?? Its not.. It will limit travel as the uca will be maxed out and alignment will not be perfect as you can only do so much w/ out aftermarket control arms..
I know the owner of EZ lift suspension in garden grove- hank and he is straight forward and been around for a long time.. they are economy lifts and I run his 1" on top of my icons..
You fogot to also mention the top plate spacers will wear out your ball joints, and possibly cause parts to break.
Old 09-12-2009, 08:30 PM   #10
Reagan/Bush '84
Colton is one of the sharper tools in the shedColton is one of the sharper tools in the shedColton is one of the sharper tools in the shedColton is one of the sharper tools in the shedColton is one of the sharper tools in the shedColton is one of the sharper tools in the shedColton is one of the sharper tools in the shedColton is one of the sharper tools in the shedColton is one of the sharper tools in the shedColton is one of the sharper tools in the shedColton is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Navy: Dependant  (Father had 24 yrs on the Eisenhower, Ordinance Officer)
Name: Colton
Colton's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by chris4x4 View Post
You fogot to also mention the top plate spacers will wear out your ball joints, and possibly cause parts to break.
Quote:
Originally Posted by SecretSquirrel View Post
Spacer lifts are inferior to spring lifts, c/o's, and even 5100s... period.

Keep justifying putting junk in people's trucks elsewhere. TW is educated enough to know otherwise...
What they said. You need to research your stuff before you let it all out.
Old 09-12-2009, 08:34 PM   #11
JDMcQ is one of the sharper tools in the shedJDMcQ is one of the sharper tools in the shedJDMcQ is one of the sharper tools in the shedJDMcQ is one of the sharper tools in the shedJDMcQ is one of the sharper tools in the shedJDMcQ is one of the sharper tools in the shedJDMcQ is one of the sharper tools in the shedJDMcQ is one of the sharper tools in the shedJDMcQ is one of the sharper tools in the shedJDMcQ is one of the sharper tools in the shedJDMcQ is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: John
JDMcQ's Tacoma Gallery
I had the Fat Bobs Garage top plate spacers. The ride was a bit harsher than stock. After reading and speaking to some folk I went with new OME coils and shocks as well as TC UCAs. The truck is MUCH better now. I didn't want to take the chance on breaking stuff on my truck and finally did it right.
Old 09-12-2009, 08:35 PM   #12
Rollinn is a jewel in the roughRollinn is a jewel in the roughRollinn is a jewel in the roughRollinn is a jewel in the rough
Rollinn's Tacoma Gallery
i have done plenty of research as I have been building trucks for many years.. I never said it was a great kit-merely stating thats an economy way of getting it up.. Yes it WILL cause premature ball joint wear-hence me stating aftermarket uca.. But for those who say its a harsh ride is incorrect..
And tw may have some educated posters as well as uneducated.. Im here to give my 2 cents is all..
Old 09-12-2009, 08:39 PM   #13
Rollinn's Tacoma Gallery
also there is a fine line between harsh ride and a bit harsher.. no question if you put something between a factory installed part it will change the ride, thats common sense.. But I have been in tacomas and fj's w/ the spacer kits and they didnt ride a whole lot different than stock.. but it does limit travel and can top out factory struts and break the lower shock shaft, but thats if you are being a little extreme.. again there are SO many variables it crazy to say either way.. I do agree that to do it right and get 5100's at the very least.. remember you get what pay for!!
Old 09-12-2009, 08:40 PM   #14
With sufficient thrust, pigs fly just fine.
chris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: FlimFlubberJAM
chris4x4's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
i have done plenty of research as I have been building trucks for many years.. I never said it was a great kit-merely stating thats an economy way of getting it up.. Yes it WILL cause premature ball joint wear-hence me stating aftermarket uca.. But for those who say its a harsh ride is incorrect..
And tw may have some educated posters as well as uneducated.. Im here to give my 2 cents is all..
Aprieciate the 2 cents, but I have seen too many front shocks broken in half from these types of lifts. And from a first time off road trip on flat ground. Buying a $200.00 lift cost one of our members $1500.00. AND he had to be towed back to town. I dont think any of us want to see that happen to another member again.
Old 09-12-2009, 08:44 PM   #15
Reagan/Bush '84
Colton is one of the sharper tools in the shedColton is one of the sharper tools in the shedColton is one of the sharper tools in the shedColton is one of the sharper tools in the shedColton is one of the sharper tools in the shedColton is one of the sharper tools in the shedColton is one of the sharper tools in the shedColton is one of the sharper tools in the shedColton is one of the sharper tools in the shedColton is one of the sharper tools in the shedColton is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Navy: Dependant  (Father had 24 yrs on the Eisenhower, Ordinance Officer)
Name: Colton
Colton's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Sorry, I think I came off too harsh off in my post...

We simply want every TW member to get the best product possible for a specific budget. But in this case, there are better things to be had than a Top plate spacer.
Old 09-12-2009, 08:52 PM   #16
JDMcQ is one of the sharper tools in the shedJDMcQ is one of the sharper tools in the shedJDMcQ is one of the sharper tools in the shedJDMcQ is one of the sharper tools in the shedJDMcQ is one of the sharper tools in the shedJDMcQ is one of the sharper tools in the shedJDMcQ is one of the sharper tools in the shedJDMcQ is one of the sharper tools in the shedJDMcQ is one of the sharper tools in the shedJDMcQ is one of the sharper tools in the shedJDMcQ is one of the sharper tools in the shed

JDMcQ's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
also there is a fine line between harsh ride and a bit harsher.. no question if you put something between a factory installed part it will change the ride, thats common sense.. But I have been in tacomas and fj's w/ the spacer kits and they didnt ride a whole lot different than stock.. but it does limit travel and can top out factory struts and break the lower shock shaft, but thats if you are being a little extreme.. again there are SO many variables it crazy to say either way.. I do agree that to do it right and get 5100's at the very least.. remember you get what pay for!!
I agree. I was just throwing my experience in to the ring. I needed the spacers as a quick fix to clear some new tires and wheels. I made the big purchase of a whole new suspension to avoid the potential failure of some parts and to upgrade the truck. It helped that I came across some serious cash to do it.
Old 09-12-2009, 08:59 PM   #17
Rollinn's Tacoma Gallery
i agree wholeheartedly about their being every bit of a better lift than any spacer lift to be honest.. I just wanted to make the explanation that the ride was not what it seemed.. And if you want the truth, spacer kits suck like a baby on a bottle- i in no way would recommend anyone to that period, maybe a 1" leveling kit but thats as far as it goes.. And like I said I actually use a 1" on top of my icons and have done many of these setups in the past and have been fine.. And we beat the living hell out of our trucks..
Anyhow-hope I didnt cause a stink here-just trying to help..
Old 09-12-2009, 08:59 PM   #18
He is The STig
mick478 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmick478 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmick478 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmick478 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmick478 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmick478 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmick478 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmick478 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmick478 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmick478 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmick478 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Bott
mick478's Tacoma Gallery
Well now...

Quote:

well, the tell the owner in garden grove, hank, to come test drive my truck and tell me with an honest, straight face, with $100,000 on the line, that my lifted truck with his lift rides same as stock, i will take his ass to the dealer and we will test drive some trucks, and then we'll see..... and yes dude i have a Fcking clue and im not afraid to say it. better yet why dont you come and take my truck for a ride, i'll be happy to show you what kind of ride, wandering on the highway, and joltiness his lift has inflicted on my truck, thats why im selling it.. also b4 you thrash dude, READ THE TITLE "Install Ez Lift 3" FRONT LIFT STRUT SPACER KIT?" if you dont have a 3" spacer, or have the experience of one, you really shouldn't comment on it.

Quote:
also there is a fine line between harsh ride and a bit harsher..
very much agreed, the 3" is more harsh, harsh-er if you will, and even though i havent broke anything yet, the suspension feels like it is maxed out, and ready to be twisted or warped or otherwise fcked.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Colton View Post
This thread is 6 months old...
yeah and i think i revived it.... my bad
Old 09-12-2009, 09:00 PM   #19

JDMcQ's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
i agree wholeheartedly about their being every bit of a better lift than any spacer lift to be honest.. I just wanted to make the explanation that the ride was not what it seemed.. And if you want the truth, spacer kits suck like a baby on a bottle- i in no way would recommend anyone to that period, maybe a 1" leveling kit but thats as far as it goes.. And like I said I actually use a 1" on top of my icons and have done many of these setups in the past and have been fine.. And we beat the living hell out of our trucks..
Anyhow-hope I didnt cause a stink here-just trying to help..
I for one appreciate all opinions. BTW anyone wanna buy my spacers?
Old 09-12-2009, 09:02 PM   #20
Rollinn's Tacoma Gallery
ebay- someone will buy to put some 26's on their g ride tacoma..