1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

New Rear Shocks and Leafs... Truck tilting more???

Discussion in 'Suspension' started by tbone56, Jul 16, 2013.

1. Jul 16, 2013 at 10:58 AM
    tbone56

tbone56 [OP] Member

Member:
    Ok, so I just got my new leafs and shocks installed and my truck tilts left even more than it did before. I understand the "taco" lean with the gas tank being on the left side, but these things are brand new and I took the pic at a gas station before i put 19 gallons in the truck.

The right side sits over an inch higher than the left. What's the deal? What do I need to look at?

When installing the new leafs, I did notice the right spring needed to be pulled down at the back bolt to get it to align properly.

Thanks for any ideas guys.

And I'm not going just off looks (picture), I measured at several places.

photo.jpg

Last edited: Jul 16, 2013
  2. Jul 16, 2013 at 11:03 AM
    AK Taco

AK Taco Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    matt
    Anchorage, Ak
    Vehicle:
    chrome-free '99 sr5
    20% tint on all windows, Deckplate mod, satoshi-ish grille, blacked out and/or body matched emblems, rattle canned rims, red l.e.d. interior lights, bilstein 5100's and OME 881 coils , deaver 8 leaf pack, 1.5" lift shackle, alpine sound system, 55w HID lightforce 140 and 170 fogs
    Which leafs did you install? I know on some leaf packs there's a left and a right pack with the left one being taller to correct for the taco lean. It's possible that you installed them the opposite way :notsure:

3. Jul 16, 2013 at 11:26 AM
    tbone56

tbone56 [OP] Member

Member:
    That's a great thought. I bought them from Wheelers Off-Road. I asked the guy on the phone if they were side specific and he said no. Maybe he was wrong. I'll go see if the leafs are marked in any way.

4. Jul 16, 2013 at 12:02 PM
    tbone56

tbone56 [OP] Member

Member:
    Damnit. I think your right. Gonna call the mfg back and double check, but it looks like I'll be switching them.

5. Jul 16, 2013 at 12:06 PM
    AK Taco

AK Taco Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    matt
    Anchorage, Ak
    Vehicle:
    chrome-free '99 sr5
    20% tint on all windows, Deckplate mod, satoshi-ish grille, blacked out and/or body matched emblems, rattle canned rims, red l.e.d. interior lights, bilstein 5100's and OME 881 coils , deaver 8 leaf pack, 1.5" lift shackle, alpine sound system, 55w HID lightforce 140 and 170 fogs
    That's most likely what happened. Also, not sure what shocks you bought but I know my 5100s were different lengths for the drivers and passenger side. Might want to check that as well

Products Discussed in

To Top