Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > Suspension

Notices

New Rear Shocks and Leafs... Truck tilting more???

Old 07-16-2013, 10:58 AM   #1
tbone56 is on a distinguished road
tbone56's Tacoma Gallery
New Rear Shocks and Leafs... Truck tilting more???

Ok, so I just got my new leafs and shocks installed and my truck tilts left even more than it did before. I understand the "taco" lean with the gas tank being on the left side, but these things are brand new and I took the pic at a gas station before i put 19 gallons in the truck.

The right side sits over an inch higher than the left. What's the deal? What do I need to look at?

When installing the new leafs, I did notice the right spring needed to be pulled down at the back bolt to get it to align properly.

Thanks for any ideas guys.

And I'm not going just off looks (picture), I measured at several places.
Attached Thumbnails
New Rear Shocks and Leafs... Truck tilting more???-photo.jpg  
Old 07-16-2013, 11:03 AM   #2
'Murrica!
AK Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedAK Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedAK Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedAK Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedAK Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedAK Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedAK Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedAK Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedAK Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedAK Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedAK Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: matt
AK Taco's Tacoma Gallery
Which leafs did you install? I know on some leaf packs there's a left and a right pack with the left one being taller to correct for the taco lean. It's possible that you installed them the opposite way
Old 07-16-2013, 11:26 AM   #3
tbone56's Tacoma Gallery
That's a great thought. I bought them from Wheelers Off-Road. I asked the guy on the phone if they were side specific and he said no. Maybe he was wrong. I'll go see if the leafs are marked in any way.
Old 07-16-2013, 12:02 PM   #4
tbone56's Tacoma Gallery
Damnit. I think your right. Gonna call the mfg back and double check, but it looks like I'll be switching them.
Old 07-16-2013, 12:06 PM   #5
'Murrica!
AK Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedAK Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedAK Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedAK Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedAK Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedAK Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedAK Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedAK Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedAK Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedAK Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedAK Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: matt
AK Taco's Tacoma Gallery
That's most likely what happened. Also, not sure what shocks you bought but I know my 5100s were different lengths for the drivers and passenger side. Might want to check that as well