Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > Suspension

Notices

Is this all I need?

Old 03-01-2009, 06:46 PM   #1
Bananahands is on a distinguished road
Navy: Air Traffic Controller 2nd Class
Bananahands's Tacoma Gallery
Is this all I need?

I'm currently in the process of trying to get the rear TSB done. From everything I've read I can get the 5100's for the front to somewhat level out the truck after the TSB.
I just want to make sure ALL I NEED ARE THE 5100's? I don't need new control arms or swaybars or a one piece driveshaft??? or anything else? Just the new shocks, set them to my liking and I'm done???
Thanks for any guidance.
Khris

P.S. In case you can't tell I'm a total newb when it comes to truck suspensions. Any pics of some tacomas with just the rear tsb and 5100's would be great.
Old 03-01-2009, 06:53 PM   #2
Carolina Alliance: Lead, follow, or get the hell outta my way
tacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Will
tacomaman06's Tacoma Gallery
the 5100's are all you need to level the truck after the tsb. set them at 1.75, or the setting before that, and you should be good to go.
Old 03-01-2009, 06:55 PM   #3
canuck_tacoma will become famous soon enough
canuck_tacoma's Tacoma Gallery
Depends on what setting you use on the 5100's. 0.85, 1.75 or 2.5". You should be fine up to 1.75 without a dif drop. Don't forget you will need a wheel alignment.

I ordered the Daystar, 4 Runner, 1" lift for my Tacoma. 5100's are $700 installed in Canada so I decided against them becasue of price. I was only looking for 1" but it sounds like the 1" Daystar Spacer is going to give me around 2" of lift. I will let you know how it works out.
Old 03-01-2009, 10:08 PM   #5
Bananahands is on a distinguished road
Navy: Air Traffic Controller 2nd Class
Bananahands's Tacoma Gallery
I'm actually hoping to end up with a net of 1" lift after the tsb. Not for any particular reason, just for a little bit of a raised look.
Old 03-02-2009, 08:50 AM   #6
canuck_tacoma will become famous soon enough
canuck_tacoma's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bananahands View Post
I'm actually hoping to end up with a net of 1" lift after the tsb. Not for any particular reason, just for a little bit of a raised look.
I've had the TSB for over a year now, have a canaopy, and ran 300 pounds of sand in the back over the winter. I sit at 37.5" in the back and 34.5" in the front with the canopy and no sand, just to give you an idea. Plus I had a few 800pound loads of sand and gravel for my yard since I had the TSB. What are sitting st in the back? I measured from the ground, through the middle of the wheel, to the fender.
Old 03-03-2009, 08:33 AM   #7
bass turds
Veccster is one of the sharper tools in the shedVeccster is one of the sharper tools in the shedVeccster is one of the sharper tools in the shedVeccster is one of the sharper tools in the shedVeccster is one of the sharper tools in the shedVeccster is one of the sharper tools in the shedVeccster is one of the sharper tools in the shedVeccster is one of the sharper tools in the shedVeccster is one of the sharper tools in the shedVeccster is one of the sharper tools in the shedVeccster is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Eric
Veccster's Tacoma Gallery
I'm in the same boat and all ears (*bump*).

I have an 09 and hope to be getting the TSB done (though it's a battle with the 09's). I'd also like a small lift but have no idea what I need or can get. I want something easy and am doing it for looks (don't do any serious off-roading). I would like to retain a comfortable and stable ride.

Ideally, I'd like to get a 2-2.5" lift. I may start with the 5100's in the front and leave the back alone (after the TSB).

Can you AAL with the TSB?
Old 03-03-2009, 08:50 AM   #8
Mustache May
MacTaco is a glorious beacon of lightMacTaco is a glorious beacon of lightMacTaco is a glorious beacon of lightMacTaco is a glorious beacon of lightMacTaco is a glorious beacon of light

MacTaco's Tacoma Gallery
What happens if I get the TSB done, and I also keep my AAL?
Old 03-03-2009, 08:55 AM   #9
06Bluez has much to be proud of06Bluez has much to be proud of06Bluez has much to be proud of06Bluez has much to be proud of06Bluez has much to be proud of06Bluez has much to be proud of06Bluez has much to be proud of06Bluez has much to be proud of06Bluez has much to be proud of06Bluez has much to be proud of

06Bluez's Tacoma Gallery
The dealer is gonna steal you AAL like they did mine!!!! try and take it off before hand if you can.
Old 03-03-2009, 08:57 AM   #10
Mustache May
MacTaco is a glorious beacon of lightMacTaco is a glorious beacon of lightMacTaco is a glorious beacon of lightMacTaco is a glorious beacon of lightMacTaco is a glorious beacon of light

MacTaco's Tacoma Gallery
Haha, well. I'm sure they would give it back to me if I made it apparent before hand that I wanted it.
Old 03-03-2009, 09:11 AM   #11
My other car is a Bugatti
steelerfan7p will become famous soon enough

Name: Yes
Location: Fairmont, WV (1 Hour South of the City of Champions)
steelerfan7p's Tacoma Gallery
I have read hundreds of posts about the suspension TSB and I have just a couple questions.

I tried checking all the part numbers, and the only ones that I have found that matches are the leafs (leaves) themselves. My rear shocks do not match that listed on the TSB (it is non-TRD). I cannot get to the front ones very well, so I haven't verified if I need to get them replaced. But my guess would be no since the rear ones don't need to be.

So since it seems that only the leaf springs need replaced, do I need to get anything else? I assume I would not need an alignment. Do I NEED the 5100's, or is this for cosmetic purposes only?

Thanks guys. I just want to be sure.