Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > Suspension

Notices

Opinions for my suspension build

Old 07-25-2013, 09:33 PM   #1
Toyota Technician
That Dude Tim has much to be proud ofThat Dude Tim has much to be proud ofThat Dude Tim has much to be proud ofThat Dude Tim has much to be proud ofThat Dude Tim has much to be proud ofThat Dude Tim has much to be proud ofThat Dude Tim has much to be proud ofThat Dude Tim has much to be proud ofThat Dude Tim has much to be proud ofThat Dude Tim has much to be proud of

That Dude Tim's Tacoma Gallery
Opinions for my suspension build

As the title says I'd like opinions or ideas for my suspension plans. Currently I have 17in KMC XD Revolvers with 265/70/R17 Dura Tracs on the factory sport Bilsteins. From my previous suspension extended 5100's in the TSB leaf pack with no aal. I was running a radflo coilover in the front lifted with LR uca's and a aal on the TSB leafs in the back but hated the ride. I also sold the radflos' and the LR uacs.

What I want to install is Icon non resi coilovers ext travel in the front, with Camburg ball joint UCA's, and the non resi 2.0 Icon shocks in the back without any aal or new leaf pack. I don't want to lift the front, at most .5 to .75 in. Don't want 5100's bc I don't want to stiffen the coils and I drive on lots of rough farm fields and super shity pothole infested roads. I heard better handeling feedback from coilovers than 5100's.

I like the increased strengh in aftermarket UCA's but woundering if the fixed caster added Camburgs would increase it too much for little to no lift. Don't want uniballs b/c of salt climate, not needed, and too $$$. Also should I bother with the ext. travel Icons knowing this is the driving I'll be handeling.

Also these KMC wheels are 4.53in back space -12 offset. If I switched over to the 17in FJ or the new 17in faux beadlock wheels would I need wheel spacers? Tire size won't go up, if anything I'll go back to the 265/65R17 size.

In a nutshell I want a quality ride from good parts for dealing with deep rutted farm fields and potholed roads in the city doing 45mph. This is a farm used truck.
Old 08-31-2013, 06:49 AM   #3
VTTACOMA is on a distinguished road

Name: Benj
VTTACOMA's Tacoma Gallery
Which uca from camburg are you looking at? I have a set of icon uca that the uni has rusted on and would love to replace it with something more durable. Also very interested to hear if the Radflo ext trvl would work with the stock Lca's.
Old 09-04-2013, 12:36 PM   #4
Camburg Girl
KayStrait is one of the sharper tools in the shedKayStrait is one of the sharper tools in the shedKayStrait is one of the sharper tools in the shedKayStrait is one of the sharper tools in the shedKayStrait is one of the sharper tools in the shedKayStrait is one of the sharper tools in the shedKayStrait is one of the sharper tools in the shedKayStrait is one of the sharper tools in the shedKayStrait is one of the sharper tools in the shedKayStrait is one of the sharper tools in the shedKayStrait is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Kayla
KayStrait's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by That Dude Tim View Post
As the title says I'd like opinions or ideas for my suspension plans. Currently I have 17in KMC XD Revolvers with 265/70/R17 Dura Tracs on the factory sport Bilsteins. From my previous suspension extended 5100's in the TSB leaf pack with no aal. I was running a radflo coilover in the front lifted with LR uca's and a aal on the TSB leafs in the back but hated the ride. I also sold the radflos' and the LR uacs.

What I want to install is Icon non resi coilovers ext travel in the front, with Camburg ball joint UCA's, and the non resi 2.0 Icon shocks in the back without any aal or new leaf pack. I don't want to lift the front, at most .5 to .75 in. Don't want 5100's bc I don't want to stiffen the coils and I drive on lots of rough farm fields and super shity pothole infested roads. I heard better handeling feedback from coilovers than 5100's.

I like the increased strengh in aftermarket UCA's but woundering if the fixed caster added Camburgs would increase it too much for little to no lift. Don't want uniballs b/c of salt climate, not needed, and too $$$. Also should I bother with the ext. travel Icons knowing this is the driving I'll be handeling.

Also these KMC wheels are 4.53in back space -12 offset. If I switched over to the 17in FJ or the new 17in faux beadlock wheels would I need wheel spacers? Tire size won't go up, if anything I'll go back to the 265/65R17 size.

In a nutshell I want a quality ride from good parts for dealing with deep rutted farm fields and potholed roads in the city doing 45mph. This is a farm used truck.
If you are looking at getting the ball joint UCAs, check out our new ball joint covers to keep them in good shape!
Also the UCAs are designed for 1-2.5 inch lifts, not for stock ride height. They will not only improve your ride quality and performance but will correct the geometry of the arm when lifting your truck.