LSC15's 95 Tacoma 4x4

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > Suspension

Notices

99' Tacoma 2WD lift help

Old 07-27-2013, 06:16 PM   #1
luckytoaster is on a distinguished road
luckytoaster's Tacoma Gallery
99' Tacoma 2WD lift help

I just bought a 1999 Tacoma SR5 Xtra Cab 5 speed manual. The entire car is stock. nothing has ever been changed. It sits pretty low, I'd like it to be a little higher up. I never plan to go off roading in it.

Here is a photo of the height now.
http://imgur.com/bsG9fub

I'd like it to look a little more like the 4x4 version.
http://imgur.com/3adxbG7

If I am not going off road at all with it, should i just go with a body lift? Or a suspension to go along with it? If so how much of a lift do I need to get it to where I want it?

I'm thinking if I lift it I will have to get larger tires. What size will I need so it wont look so awkward?

Also, how much money do you think a job like this would cost me? I have no experience with lifts and such, should I get it down in a shop or could I have it done fairly easy with a few helping hands.

Thanks in advance!
Old 07-27-2013, 08:01 PM   #2
Solid Axle FTMFW!!
Supra TT is one of the sharper tools in the shedSupra TT is one of the sharper tools in the shedSupra TT is one of the sharper tools in the shedSupra TT is one of the sharper tools in the shedSupra TT is one of the sharper tools in the shedSupra TT is one of the sharper tools in the shedSupra TT is one of the sharper tools in the shedSupra TT is one of the sharper tools in the shedSupra TT is one of the sharper tools in the shedSupra TT is one of the sharper tools in the shedSupra TT is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Eric
Supra TT's Tacoma Gallery
Go with a spindle lift. It maintains factory ride with about 4" of lift! Best thing for the 2wd.
Old 07-27-2013, 08:13 PM   #3
Thanks! Do you have any suggestions of a place to buy them? Should i buy high end ones or does it really matter.
Old 07-27-2013, 08:15 PM   #4
Solid Axle FTMFW!!
Supra TT is one of the sharper tools in the shedSupra TT is one of the sharper tools in the shedSupra TT is one of the sharper tools in the shedSupra TT is one of the sharper tools in the shedSupra TT is one of the sharper tools in the shedSupra TT is one of the sharper tools in the shedSupra TT is one of the sharper tools in the shedSupra TT is one of the sharper tools in the shedSupra TT is one of the sharper tools in the shedSupra TT is one of the sharper tools in the shedSupra TT is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Eric
Supra TT's Tacoma Gallery
I'm not sure it really matters. I'm not too familiar with who makes them all. Maybe try a google search. Solo motorsports perhaps? I believe you have the 5 lug right? Make sure its for that.
Old 07-27-2013, 08:33 PM   #5
Okay ill check there. and I'm not really sure what that means , how do i find if it is?

On solo Motorsports I came up with ’95.5-’04 TACOMA 2WD FULLY-FABRICATED 3″ LIFT SPINDLES. They're selling it for $1,450, is this a fair price?(I wasnt expecting that much). It was in the ’95.5-’04 2WD TACOMA PRE-RUNNER (6-LUG) section under Tacoma.