Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > Suspension

Notices

2012 tacoma body lift kit

Old 07-27-2013, 08:51 PM   #1
ezemanf is on a distinguished road

Name: EZ
ezemanf's Tacoma Gallery
2012 tacoma body lift kit

I just purchased a Performance Accessories 3" body lift to go with my 3" Procomp level lift for my 2012 Prerunner with automatic transmission. I am having trouble figuring out if i will need to purchase a Shift Extension to install the lift. The lift package comes with an extension for a manual transmission but I can not find anywhere that says you also need one for an automatic. My truck rarely leaves the pavement so the body lift will work fine for me instead of doing a 6" suspension for tripple the $$$...Can someone help me with this please...
Old 07-27-2013, 08:52 PM   #2
Roll Tide
HondaGM is one of the sharper tools in the shedHondaGM is one of the sharper tools in the shedHondaGM is one of the sharper tools in the shedHondaGM is one of the sharper tools in the shedHondaGM is one of the sharper tools in the shedHondaGM is one of the sharper tools in the shedHondaGM is one of the sharper tools in the shedHondaGM is one of the sharper tools in the shedHondaGM is one of the sharper tools in the shedHondaGM is one of the sharper tools in the shedHondaGM is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: James
HondaGM's Tacoma Gallery
is your shift cable long enough?
Old 07-27-2013, 08:58 PM   #4
McBuckets
RockyMtnTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedRockyMtnTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedRockyMtnTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedRockyMtnTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedRockyMtnTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedRockyMtnTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedRockyMtnTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedRockyMtnTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedRockyMtnTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedRockyMtnTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedRockyMtnTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: Noah
RockyMtnTRD's Tacoma Gallery
I wont be the first to say this but... I highly recommend you save up for some good parts for your truck rather than a body lift and a spacer lift.
Old 07-27-2013, 08:58 PM   #5
MGMTacolover55 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMGMTacolover55 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMGMTacolover55 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMGMTacolover55 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMGMTacolover55 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMGMTacolover55 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMGMTacolover55 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMGMTacolover55 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMGMTacolover55 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMGMTacolover55 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMGMTacolover55 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

MGMTacolover55's Tacoma Gallery
Dude don't do a body lift get a spindle lift instead
Old 07-27-2013, 08:59 PM   #6
Roll Tide
HondaGM is one of the sharper tools in the shedHondaGM is one of the sharper tools in the shedHondaGM is one of the sharper tools in the shedHondaGM is one of the sharper tools in the shedHondaGM is one of the sharper tools in the shedHondaGM is one of the sharper tools in the shedHondaGM is one of the sharper tools in the shedHondaGM is one of the sharper tools in the shedHondaGM is one of the sharper tools in the shedHondaGM is one of the sharper tools in the shedHondaGM is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: James
HondaGM's Tacoma Gallery
im just guessing,but i think the cable should be plenty long enough to just raise it 3 inches
Old 08-22-2013, 12:05 PM   #7
ezemanf is on a distinguished road

Name: EZ
ezemanf's Tacoma Gallery
I know I should of went with the 4" spindle but already have the 3" level lift so it would be a waste of money to remove the lift. My frame will be almost completely hidden with the nerf bars I have with the body lift installed so I figured I'll just go with the body lift since my truck never leaves the pavement