Notices

TOYTEC/BILSTEIN HEIGHT ADJUSTABLE COILOVERS

Old 07-29-2013, 03:15 AM   #1
Spehrparts is on a distinguished road

Air Force:
Name: Jim
Spehrparts's Tacoma Gallery

I have a 2011 DCSB OR 4x4. I am wanting to level out the front as the goal. I am thinking that the combo 5100/spring from Toytec is a good option and add the 5100's for the rear at the same time. Again, only want to level this out. What advice can I get? What setting would I use?
Old 07-29-2013, 03:41 AM   #2
TACO TX is one of the sharper tools in the shedTACO TX is one of the sharper tools in the shedTACO TX is one of the sharper tools in the shedTACO TX is one of the sharper tools in the shedTACO TX is one of the sharper tools in the shedTACO TX is one of the sharper tools in the shedTACO TX is one of the sharper tools in the shedTACO TX is one of the sharper tools in the shedTACO TX is one of the sharper tools in the shedTACO TX is one of the sharper tools in the shedTACO TX is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Kelly
TACO TX's Tacoma Gallery
There is no setting on the coil over, you take the weight off of them and adjust the height with the included spanner wrench until you get the height you need or want. Pretty sweet set up just a little pricey. All pro off road has them to a little cheaper and was offering 5% discount. Was gonna be $700 shipped
Old 07-29-2013, 04:11 AM   #3
Salesman by trade, Gentleman by habit
Mr. Biscuits is one of the sharper tools in the shedMr. Biscuits is one of the sharper tools in the shedMr. Biscuits is one of the sharper tools in the shedMr. Biscuits is one of the sharper tools in the shedMr. Biscuits is one of the sharper tools in the shedMr. Biscuits is one of the sharper tools in the shedMr. Biscuits is one of the sharper tools in the shedMr. Biscuits is one of the sharper tools in the shedMr. Biscuits is one of the sharper tools in the shedMr. Biscuits is one of the sharper tools in the shedMr. Biscuits is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Brennen J
Mr. Biscuits's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Spehrparts View Post
I have a 2011 DCSB OR 4x4. I am wanting to level out the front as the goal. I am thinking that the combo 5100/spring from Toytec is a good option and add the 5100's for the rear at the same time. Again, only want to level this out. What advice can I get? What setting would I use?
First off, WHY ARE YOU YELLING? THERE'S NO NEED FOR ALL CAPS IN THE TITLE. YOU'RE NOT DYING.

Second, you're taking about two different things. There's coilovers made by Toytec you can purchase preassembled, or you can buy Bilstein 5100 height adjustable shocks and Eibach coils (now made by Toytec) and combine them to make your coilover.
Either option is going to lift you more than level. So which one are you talking about and exactly what advice do you want?

And did you bother to search for your answer using the Search Bar? I can guarantee there's at least half a dozen threads with your question answered
Old 07-29-2013, 04:48 AM   #4
TACO TX is one of the sharper tools in the shedTACO TX is one of the sharper tools in the shedTACO TX is one of the sharper tools in the shedTACO TX is one of the sharper tools in the shedTACO TX is one of the sharper tools in the shedTACO TX is one of the sharper tools in the shedTACO TX is one of the sharper tools in the shedTACO TX is one of the sharper tools in the shedTACO TX is one of the sharper tools in the shedTACO TX is one of the sharper tools in the shedTACO TX is one of the sharper tools in the shed

TACO TX's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Biscuits View Post
First off, WHY ARE YOU YELLING? THERE'S NO NEED FOR ALL CAPS IN THE TITLE. YOU'RE NOT DYING.

Second, you're taking about two different things. There's coilovers made by Toytec you can purchase preassembled, or you can buy Bilstein 5100 height adjustable shocks and Eibach coils (now made by Toytec) and combine them to make your coilover.
Either option is going to lift you more than level. So which one are you talking about and exactly what advice do you want?

And did you bother to search for your answer using the Search Bar? I can guarantee there's at least half a dozen threads with your question answered
The coil overs hes talking about are the toytecs which use 5100 shocks and eibach springs, the body is threaded with a adj collar instead of the spring perch. They would be perfect since you can do 0 to 3" lift in the front and get any height you want instead of the pre set heights on the regular 5100's. just be sure you get the 5100's for no lift in the rear.
Old 07-29-2013, 06:36 AM   #5

Air Force:
Quote:
Originally Posted by TACO TX View Post
There is no setting on the coil over, you take the weight off of them and adjust the height with the included spanner wrench until you get the height you need or want. Pretty sweet set up just a little pricey. All pro off road has them to a little cheaper and was offering 5% discount. Was gonna be $700 shipped
So what you are saying is that this combo has no exact way to obtain the height desired. Seems you have to measure/eyeball the adjustment?
Old 07-29-2013, 06:55 AM   #6

TACO TX's Tacoma Gallery
Well im sure there is somekind of measuring but yes you would have put them on and adjust them accordingly to get the desired height, measuring from center of hub on wheel to fender flare. I think they usually come set for like 2" or so. But all adjustments are made by you at home instead of needing a spring compressor. More expensive but can be dialed in perfectly. Little high in front, level, little rake. With regular 5100's you get what you get, usually either over or under level. Quite pricey but probaly the best ride up front you can get other than way more expensive coilovers.
Old 07-29-2013, 07:16 AM   #7
Mr Salty is one of the sharper tools in the shedMr Salty is one of the sharper tools in the shedMr Salty is one of the sharper tools in the shedMr Salty is one of the sharper tools in the shedMr Salty is one of the sharper tools in the shedMr Salty is one of the sharper tools in the shedMr Salty is one of the sharper tools in the shedMr Salty is one of the sharper tools in the shedMr Salty is one of the sharper tools in the shedMr Salty is one of the sharper tools in the shedMr Salty is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Hermmy
Mr Salty's Tacoma Gallery
Have you considered a true coilover that can be revalved and rebuilt vs. the Toytec Coilovers. There are plenty of manufacturers to choose from and to keep the price similar to that of the Toytec COs you could get the 2.0 diameter size. Thats all the Toytecs are anyways just 2.0 diameter shock (Bilstien 5100) coupled with an eibach 620 coil.

Price wise consider Sway-a-way, FOX, or radflo, each make a 2.0 diameter CO.
Old 07-29-2013, 12:19 PM   #8

Air Force:
Radflo

What do you all think about the Radflo Adjustable front coilovers?
Would I be able to level the front or would this be to much for a level.
Old 07-29-2013, 12:25 PM   #9
Don't ask questions you don't want the answer to..
chadderkdawg is one of the sharper tools in the shedchadderkdawg is one of the sharper tools in the shedchadderkdawg is one of the sharper tools in the shedchadderkdawg is one of the sharper tools in the shedchadderkdawg is one of the sharper tools in the shedchadderkdawg is one of the sharper tools in the shedchadderkdawg is one of the sharper tools in the shedchadderkdawg is one of the sharper tools in the shedchadderkdawg is one of the sharper tools in the shedchadderkdawg is one of the sharper tools in the shedchadderkdawg is one of the sharper tools in the shed

chadderkdawg's Tacoma Gallery
OP, is your only goal here to level? Or are you interested in improving off-road manners? If you are just looking to level, then just order a spacer leveling kit, or 5100 shocks and use your stock springs, set them at 1.75 and it will be pretty close to level. If you want to improve your offroad capability then you should look into OME springs and shocks, they are in a similar price range, but may lift more than you want.
Old 07-29-2013, 12:28 PM   #10
Mr Salty is one of the sharper tools in the shedMr Salty is one of the sharper tools in the shedMr Salty is one of the sharper tools in the shedMr Salty is one of the sharper tools in the shedMr Salty is one of the sharper tools in the shedMr Salty is one of the sharper tools in the shedMr Salty is one of the sharper tools in the shedMr Salty is one of the sharper tools in the shedMr Salty is one of the sharper tools in the shedMr Salty is one of the sharper tools in the shedMr Salty is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Hermmy
Mr Salty's Tacoma Gallery
Honestly if your end goal is to just level out the front just do Bilstiens on all four corners and call it done. Just set the front shocks to the 0.85" or 1.75" setting.

You won't get much feedback on here for the Radflos, seems to be more popular with the Nissan guys and not so much Toyota.

Looks like chadderdawg responded first with the same thing
Old 07-29-2013, 12:56 PM   #11
Shooter808 is on a distinguished road

Name: Mel
Shooter808's Tacoma Gallery
First you need to measure the distance between the center of your wheel hub and the lip of the fender for the front and back. Note the difference between the front and back, this will be the lift that you are shooting for the front to level it out. The front billies for a 2nd gen have 4 settings - 0.85", 1.25", 1.75", and 2.5". You need to consider what kind of lift the Toytec springs will give you, if any. Then put the perches on the billies to the proper setting before assembling it with the coil springs (which will probably be one of the lower 2 settings - 0.85" or 1.25"). You can also use your stock springs on the billies set at 1.25" or 1.75".

Since you are only looking to "level" your truck, I assume that you are unhappy with the stance but happy with the way it rides. IMHO, Bilstein 5100 on all four corners, with the stock springs in the front, will be a great upgrade while still maintaining a smooth ride.
Old 07-29-2013, 01:41 PM   #12

Air Force:
Thank you all! I have a better picture of what to do.
Old 07-30-2013, 04:41 AM   #13

Air Force:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shooter808 View Post
First you need to measure the distance between the center of your wheel hub and the lip of the fender for the front and back. Note the difference between the front and back, this will be the lift that you are shooting for the front to level it out. The front billies for a 2nd gen have 4 settings - 0.85", 1.25", 1.75", and 2.5". You need to consider what kind of lift the Toytec springs will give you, if any. Then put the perches on the billies to the proper setting before assembling it with the coil springs (which will probably be one of the lower 2 settings - 0.85" or 1.25"). You can also use your stock springs on the billies set at 1.25" or 1.75".

Since you are only looking to "level" your truck, I assume that you are unhappy with the stance but happy with the way it rides. IMHO, Bilstein 5100 on all four corners, with the stock springs in the front, will be a great upgrade while still maintaining a smooth ride.
So, 5100's at all 4 corners will give a better ride then the Bills that came with the truck? Also, I can adjust the front to level her out?
Finding someone to do this work is a chalange. And trustworthy work.
Old 07-30-2013, 12:44 PM   #14
Salesman by trade, Gentleman by habit
Mr. Biscuits is one of the sharper tools in the shedMr. Biscuits is one of the sharper tools in the shedMr. Biscuits is one of the sharper tools in the shedMr. Biscuits is one of the sharper tools in the shedMr. Biscuits is one of the sharper tools in the shedMr. Biscuits is one of the sharper tools in the shedMr. Biscuits is one of the sharper tools in the shedMr. Biscuits is one of the sharper tools in the shedMr. Biscuits is one of the sharper tools in the shedMr. Biscuits is one of the sharper tools in the shedMr. Biscuits is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Brennen J
Mr. Biscuits's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Spehrparts View Post
So, 5100's at all 4 corners will give a better ride then the Bills that came with the truck? Also, I can adjust the front to level her out?
Finding someone to do this work is a chalange. And trustworthy work.
Yes much better than stock. The stock bilsteins suck. Yes you can adjust to level out. Any normal suspension or mechanic shop with access to a spring compressor will be able to do it for you
Old 04-03-2014, 07:37 PM   #15
Sua Sponte is on a distinguished road

Army: Active Duty
Sua Sponte's Tacoma Gallery

So, I bought the Toytec adjustable front coil over kit for use with Bilstein 5100's in the front. I have been searching the site, but my question is: What c-clip setting should I be at on the 5100's if I am going for the full 3" lift in the front? I thought I read somewhere that it should be at the .85 setting, but will I be able to achieve a full 3" lift with the Toytec coilovers with the 5100's only set at .85 or do I need to set them higher? Or, will setting them above .85 put them at over the recommended 3" of lift when used in conjunction with the Toytec lift? little confused on this, any help is greatly appreciated.
Old 04-03-2014, 08:44 PM   #16

Any help with this? I should add that I am adding new LR UCA's, and a 1.5" Toytec add a leaf and block to the back, so I am really trying to achieve the full 3" in the front to keep a slight rake in the rear.
Old 04-04-2014, 01:36 PM   #17

So.........nobody has any experience with these?
Old 07-02-2014, 10:36 AM   #18
machineman89 will become famous soon enough

Name: Matthew
machineman89's Tacoma Gallery
Gonna be putting on the 5100 on the front from toytec and the far bottom clip mark is 1.6 of lift and the 2nd one up is suppose to be 3" of lift, if.i read my email from toytec correctly....sounds right to me tho
Old 07-02-2014, 04:32 PM   #19
lsutiger1 is on a distinguished road

lsutiger1's Tacoma Gallery
Just installed bilsteins on all 4 corners set at 1.75, with wheeler 3 leaf HD pack! Love it rides great!
Old 07-04-2014, 04:42 AM   #20
RUT is on a distinguished road
RUT's Tacoma Gallery
I am doing the same thing to my 2011 DCSB 4x4. I have the Bilstein 5100's front and back along with the TSB 4 leaf in the rear. I am trying to achieve a 2.5" - 3" lift, level or small rake. I emailed Toytec directly and this is their response.

"You can set the 5100’s to the top setting with your stock coils and you should see about 2.5”. You can also use our Eibach coil part # 112-620 http://toyteclifts.3dcartstores.com/...ings_p_14.html which if you set the shock setting on the 2nd clip (from the bottom) you will see 2.5-3”. The coil is an upgraded coil from stock. You can also use http://toyteclifts.3dcartstores.com/...cks_p_360.html which will give you a fully adjustable coilover. This is designed for the 5100’s. I would recommend a 1.5” block in the rear to pair with 2.5-3” in the front."

I then decided to go with the Eibach coils and also asked about alignment issues with drive axles and he replied,

"Using the Eibach coil, which is longer than stock on the 2nd setting will give you more performance than the stock coil on the 4th setting. Less preloading and a longer coil will provide better wheel travel and ride. The coil is also a little higher spring rate so it will handle additional weight of a bumper/winch. Either option doesn’t affect the other components more than the other. Up to 3” you should be fine. We do offer a front diff drop kit to help with CV axle angles. It is pretty easy to install and not too expensive either. It does help a little with wear and tear on the cv axles when you lift the vehicle. http://toyteclifts.3dcartstores.com/...-Kit_p_11.html

The 1.5” block kit is here - http://toyteclifts.3dcartstores.com/Rear-15-Block-Kit-includes-U-bolts_p_17.html"

This is what I plan to do as soon as my XD Misfits (18x9) with 285/65/18 Nittos come in. Hope this helps!