Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > Suspension

Notices

6" Pro Comp Lift on 09 Taco

Old 07-29-2013, 08:37 AM   #1
FuryGrrl is on a distinguished road

Name: Heather
FuryGrrl's Tacoma Gallery
6" Pro Comp Lift on 09 Taco

Just had a 6" Stage 1 Pro Comp lift installed in our 09 Taco. Advanced Automotive Performance in Uxbridge MA did an amazing job. 12 hour install. 33" Toyo Open Country Tires on 18" KMC XD Addict wheels. She's beautiful! Can't wait to buy more goodies for her.

Anyone else run in to a problem with the tire pressure sensors with new wheels & tires? Were told that we were required to buy them (Town Fair Tire), they were installed, but now the light is either flashing or just on. I thought I heard somewhere from someone that we may need to take it to the dealer to have the sensor reset or something?

Also, any tips on maintaining the longevity of the wheels? Particular cleaning solutions you use?

Old 07-29-2013, 08:58 PM   #2
Evenflow is one of the sharper tools in the shedEvenflow is one of the sharper tools in the shedEvenflow is one of the sharper tools in the shedEvenflow is one of the sharper tools in the shedEvenflow is one of the sharper tools in the shedEvenflow is one of the sharper tools in the shedEvenflow is one of the sharper tools in the shedEvenflow is one of the sharper tools in the shedEvenflow is one of the sharper tools in the shedEvenflow is one of the sharper tools in the shedEvenflow is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: Jason
Evenflow's Tacoma Gallery
Great looking truck ! The TPMS sensors can be a complete pain even within the OE spare tire too. If you search " TPMS bypass " on any Toyota truck forum you will find a 10 minute quick way to disable the TPMS dash light and then you can remove the sensors completely.

You have a TPMS set button under too right next to your hood latch release... Search TPMS on this forum and you will find a ton of info.
Old 07-30-2013, 05:35 AM   #3

Thanks!
Old 07-30-2013, 07:30 AM   #6
Warputer is one of the sharper tools in the shedWarputer is one of the sharper tools in the shedWarputer is one of the sharper tools in the shedWarputer is one of the sharper tools in the shedWarputer is one of the sharper tools in the shedWarputer is one of the sharper tools in the shedWarputer is one of the sharper tools in the shedWarputer is one of the sharper tools in the shedWarputer is one of the sharper tools in the shedWarputer is one of the sharper tools in the shedWarputer is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Army: Vet - 1st Inf. Div.
Name: Chris
Warputer's Tacoma Gallery
Truck looks great Heather! Tire longevity......be sure to get an alignment after this install.....if they didn't already do it. And rotate those tires with every oil change....33's aren't cheap so you'll want them to last. I did not have any issues with my TPMS after changing wheels so I can't help there.
Old 07-30-2013, 07:35 AM   #7
redtacoma88 is one of the sharper tools in the shedredtacoma88 is one of the sharper tools in the shedredtacoma88 is one of the sharper tools in the shedredtacoma88 is one of the sharper tools in the shedredtacoma88 is one of the sharper tools in the shedredtacoma88 is one of the sharper tools in the shedredtacoma88 is one of the sharper tools in the shedredtacoma88 is one of the sharper tools in the shedredtacoma88 is one of the sharper tools in the shedredtacoma88 is one of the sharper tools in the shedredtacoma88 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: John Austin
redtacoma88's Tacoma Gallery
Longetivity of your tires. Make sure you get them aligned after the lift (the shop might have already). Also rotate your tires EVERY oil change. Truck looks great btw
Old 08-05-2013, 08:25 AM   #8

It was 12 hours of work, plus they had to replace the bushings in the front end and they did an alignment. Total was $1950 at the shop for the install, bushings & alignment.

Great suggestion about rotating every oil change! Will def be doing that.

I've looked up the TMPS a little more. From what it seems, the new sensors have codes that go with them. I guess we need to get the codes and go to the dealer to have them reprogram the sensors? I tried the reset process that was in the manual but it didn't do anything. It's indicating a malfunction. I think we'll just deal with the light. The tires take 88 psi but there's no way we're keeping that much in there anyway.
Old 08-05-2013, 08:34 AM   #9

Took her in our little local trail system after breakfast. beautiful sunday morning ride. can't wait to get a wench to see what she can really do! On that note - does anyone have any suggestions on an air compressor that we can take along with us? We had gotten one from Harbor Freight that SAID it was good up to 250 psi (BAHAHAHAHAHA!) but it wouldn't even blow up an air mattress. the Taco has the outlet in the back, but is it strong enough to power an AC? I know it doesn't power a circular saw...

Old 08-05-2013, 08:41 AM   #10
Warputer is one of the sharper tools in the shedWarputer is one of the sharper tools in the shedWarputer is one of the sharper tools in the shedWarputer is one of the sharper tools in the shedWarputer is one of the sharper tools in the shedWarputer is one of the sharper tools in the shedWarputer is one of the sharper tools in the shedWarputer is one of the sharper tools in the shedWarputer is one of the sharper tools in the shedWarputer is one of the sharper tools in the shedWarputer is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Army: Vet - 1st Inf. Div.
Name: Chris
Warputer's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by FuryGrrl View Post
The tires take 88 psi but there's no way we're keeping that much in there anyway.
Agreed.....or the center tread will be completely gone in months.
Old 08-05-2013, 11:26 AM   #11

Quote:
Originally Posted by Warputer View Post
Agreed.....or the center tread will be completely gone in months.
we have them at about 46psi right now. is that bad i wonder? i wonder what is the minimum pressure you should have in 33s? she's a daily driver. we put it up to 70 pounds the other day just to see if the tire pressure light would go off (it didn't so we lowered them back down).