LSC15's 95 Tacoma 4x4

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > Suspension

Notices

OME 885 and OME Shocks to OME 885 and 5100s

Old 07-29-2013, 02:28 PM   #1
AllMountainToy is a splendid one to beholdAllMountainToy is a splendid one to beholdAllMountainToy is a splendid one to beholdAllMountainToy is a splendid one to beholdAllMountainToy is a splendid one to beholdAllMountainToy is a splendid one to beholdAllMountainToy is a splendid one to behold
AllMountainToy's Tacoma Gallery
OME 885 and OME Shocks to OME 885 and 5100s

Has anyone switched from OME 885 with Nitrocharger Sports to OME 885 with 5100s?

If you have done this, or the reverse, which had the better ride? complete OME setup or OME + Billie?

Please only reply if you have actually run both of these setups.

thanks
Old 07-29-2013, 02:41 PM   #2
Lieutenant Dan.
DeeKay21 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDeeKay21 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDeeKay21 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDeeKay21 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDeeKay21 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDeeKay21 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDeeKay21 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDeeKay21 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDeeKay21 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDeeKay21 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDeeKay21 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Firefighter: Lieutenant
DeeKay21's Tacoma Gallery
I've heard the OME shocks run better then the 5100's but then again the 885's were meant to go with the OME shocks so thats probably why.
Old 07-29-2013, 09:50 PM   #3
AllMountainToy is a splendid one to beholdAllMountainToy is a splendid one to beholdAllMountainToy is a splendid one to beholdAllMountainToy is a splendid one to beholdAllMountainToy is a splendid one to beholdAllMountainToy is a splendid one to beholdAllMountainToy is a splendid one to behold
AllMountainToy's Tacoma Gallery
Bump

Also the reason I am asking is because I just installed OME 885 with billies set at zero on my buddy's 4th gen 4runner. The ride felt smoother up front but I know it is not apples to apples.
Old 07-31-2013, 11:26 AM   #4
TheosTaco has a brilliant futureTheosTaco has a brilliant futureTheosTaco has a brilliant futureTheosTaco has a brilliant futureTheosTaco has a brilliant futureTheosTaco has a brilliant futureTheosTaco has a brilliant futureTheosTaco has a brilliant futureTheosTaco has a brilliant futureTheosTaco has a brilliant futureTheosTaco has a brilliant future

Name: Theo
TheosTaco's Tacoma Gallery
Any more info on this?

I was looking to go with the same 5100/885 setup up front as i already ahve 5100's in the back. How does it ride?
Old 07-31-2013, 02:35 PM   #5
Lieutenant Dan.
DeeKay21 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDeeKay21 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDeeKay21 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDeeKay21 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDeeKay21 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDeeKay21 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDeeKay21 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDeeKay21 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDeeKay21 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDeeKay21 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDeeKay21 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheosTaco View Post
Any more info on this?

I was looking to go with the same 5100/885 setup up front as i already ahve 5100's in the back. How does it ride?
I have 5100's up front with 885's and I like the ride. Its a little stiffer then stock but not bad at all. Just make sure to set your shocks at 0" height.
Old 07-31-2013, 03:30 PM   #6
TheosTaco has a brilliant futureTheosTaco has a brilliant futureTheosTaco has a brilliant futureTheosTaco has a brilliant futureTheosTaco has a brilliant futureTheosTaco has a brilliant futureTheosTaco has a brilliant futureTheosTaco has a brilliant futureTheosTaco has a brilliant futureTheosTaco has a brilliant futureTheosTaco has a brilliant future

Name: Theo
TheosTaco's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by DeeKay21 View Post
I have 5100's up front with 885's and I like the ride. Its a little stiffer then stock but not bad at all. Just make sure to set your shocks at 0" height.
I'm not wanting to feel every little bump in the road....I understnad that it's not going to ride like a Cadillac but...I think you get what I'm saying.
What about the notorious "Taco Lean"...what did you do to remedy that?
Old 07-31-2013, 03:46 PM   #8
Lieutenant Dan.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheosTaco View Post
I'm not wanting to feel every little bump in the road....I understnad that it's not going to ride like a Cadillac but...I think you get what I'm saying.
What about the notorious "Taco Lean"...what did you do to remedy that?
No your not going to feel every little bump in the road its not that stiff. I didnt remedy the Taco Lean cause it never bugged me and you can barely notice it.
Old 08-01-2013, 03:35 AM   #9
Mama says Tacoma World is da devil!
bjboucher is one of the sharper tools in the shedbjboucher is one of the sharper tools in the shedbjboucher is one of the sharper tools in the shedbjboucher is one of the sharper tools in the shedbjboucher is one of the sharper tools in the shedbjboucher is one of the sharper tools in the shedbjboucher is one of the sharper tools in the shedbjboucher is one of the sharper tools in the shedbjboucher is one of the sharper tools in the shedbjboucher is one of the sharper tools in the shedbjboucher is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Air Force:
Name: Brad
bjboucher's Tacoma Gallery
There's probably a reason why the OME shocks cost almost twice as much. I don't think I would make that swap.
Old 08-01-2013, 05:35 AM   #10
sirsaechao is one of the sharper tools in the shedsirsaechao is one of the sharper tools in the shedsirsaechao is one of the sharper tools in the shedsirsaechao is one of the sharper tools in the shedsirsaechao is one of the sharper tools in the shedsirsaechao is one of the sharper tools in the shedsirsaechao is one of the sharper tools in the shedsirsaechao is one of the sharper tools in the shedsirsaechao is one of the sharper tools in the shedsirsaechao is one of the sharper tools in the shedsirsaechao is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Tim
sirsaechao's Tacoma Gallery
I had 5125's and now NitroChargers. I prefer the ride of the NitroChargers.