Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > Suspension

Notices

Pre-assembled OME install

Old 07-29-2013, 10:19 PM   #1
bisontaco is on a distinguished road

bisontaco's Tacoma Gallery
Pre-assembled OME install

I have done my due diligence by using the search function, but I'd really appreciate a clear answer from someone in the know.

I am going to be installing a re-assembled (used) OME 885 set up tomorrow. i have found countless information on the non-assembled install. Is the pre-assembled install as simple as, remove the top three bolts, remove the LCA bolt, replace, torque to spec, and align? or do I have to remove the lower ball joint? Much appreciated, will get pics up tomorrow.
Old 07-29-2013, 10:21 PM   #2
davidpick is one of the sharper tools in the sheddavidpick is one of the sharper tools in the sheddavidpick is one of the sharper tools in the sheddavidpick is one of the sharper tools in the sheddavidpick is one of the sharper tools in the sheddavidpick is one of the sharper tools in the sheddavidpick is one of the sharper tools in the sheddavidpick is one of the sharper tools in the sheddavidpick is one of the sharper tools in the sheddavidpick is one of the sharper tools in the sheddavidpick is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Firefighter:
Name: David
davidpick's Tacoma Gallery
you are correct! if the coil is already assembled on the strut, then removing the 3 outer top nuts and lower bolt is all you need to do. leave the upper nut in the center alone. an alignment will be needed. no need to remove or do anything with the lower ball joint.
Old 07-29-2013, 10:22 PM   #3
davidjmay is one of the sharper tools in the sheddavidjmay is one of the sharper tools in the sheddavidjmay is one of the sharper tools in the sheddavidjmay is one of the sharper tools in the sheddavidjmay is one of the sharper tools in the sheddavidjmay is one of the sharper tools in the sheddavidjmay is one of the sharper tools in the sheddavidjmay is one of the sharper tools in the sheddavidjmay is one of the sharper tools in the sheddavidjmay is one of the sharper tools in the sheddavidjmay is one of the sharper tools in the shed

davidjmay's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by bisontaco View Post
I have done my due diligence by using the search function, but I'd really appreciate a clear answer from someone in the know.

I am going to be installing a re-assembled (used) OME 885 set up tomorrow. i have found countless information on the non-assembled install. Is the pre-assembled install as simple as, remove the top three bolts, remove the LCA bolt, replace, torque to spec, and align? or do I have to remove the lower ball joint? Much appreciated, will get pics up tomorrow.
Yup
Old 07-29-2013, 10:24 PM   #4

Quote:
Originally Posted by davidpick View Post
you are correct! if the coil is already assembled on the strut, then removing the 3 outer top nuts and lower bolt is all you need to do. leave the upper nut in the center alone. an alignment will be needed. no need to remove or do anything with the lower ball joint.
Thanks! i have found the correct torque spec for all but that upper middle nut. Any idea? does it matter?
Oh, and is it still required to remove the swaybar?
Old 07-29-2013, 11:01 PM   #5
davidjmay is one of the sharper tools in the sheddavidjmay is one of the sharper tools in the sheddavidjmay is one of the sharper tools in the sheddavidjmay is one of the sharper tools in the sheddavidjmay is one of the sharper tools in the sheddavidjmay is one of the sharper tools in the sheddavidjmay is one of the sharper tools in the sheddavidjmay is one of the sharper tools in the sheddavidjmay is one of the sharper tools in the sheddavidjmay is one of the sharper tools in the sheddavidjmay is one of the sharper tools in the shed

davidjmay's Tacoma Gallery
Still remove the sway. And not sure about the middle nut but i thought it came pre assembled?
Old 07-30-2013, 12:01 AM   #6
raycie has a brilliant futureraycie has a brilliant futureraycie has a brilliant futureraycie has a brilliant futureraycie has a brilliant futureraycie has a brilliant futureraycie has a brilliant futureraycie has a brilliant futureraycie has a brilliant futureraycie has a brilliant futureraycie has a brilliant future

raycie's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by bisontaco View Post
Thanks! i have found the correct torque spec for all but that upper middle nut. Any idea? does it matter?
Oh, and is it still required to remove the swaybar?

Disconnecting the sway bar from the knuckle will just get you more room to play with.

Torque specs for the middle nut is 20 lbs/ft/.. BUT... I thought they were already pre-asseembled?? Are you just wanting to check on it? Hand tight is good..
Old 08-02-2013, 07:56 PM   #8

Thanks for all the help you guys. I successfully (with great difficulty getting every piece removed and installed) installed a 2.5'' ome front lift with 885's. And icon progressive add a leaf's (leaves?) in the rear. I am very pleased with the look, but more pleased with the performance. I just purchased this truck used two weeks ago and my mods thus far are, blacked out lower valance, removal of the hideous roof rack, and currently tinting the three taillights. The first picture is a BEFORE picture, I think my rear leafs were shot, because it was really low in the back.
Attached Thumbnails
Pre-assembled OME install-1082141_10153120230580657_1630041935_n.jpg   Pre-assembled OME install-img_7305.jpg   Pre-assembled OME install-img_7344.jpg   Pre-assembled OME install-img_7276.jpg   Pre-assembled OME install-img_7338.jpg  

Old 08-04-2013, 10:21 AM   #11
Ditch Doctor
medic2230 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmedic2230 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmedic2230 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmedic2230 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmedic2230 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmedic2230 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmedic2230 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmedic2230 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmedic2230 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmedic2230 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmedic2230 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

EMS:
Name: Murph
medic2230's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by raycie View Post
Fyi... you may need new UCAs after.
Shouldn't have to with 2.5.
Old 04-09-2014, 06:59 PM   #12
Texas Aggie
CO Taco is a splendid one to beholdCO Taco is a splendid one to beholdCO Taco is a splendid one to beholdCO Taco is a splendid one to beholdCO Taco is a splendid one to beholdCO Taco is a splendid one to beholdCO Taco is a splendid one to behold
Name: Tyler
CO Taco's Tacoma Gallery
nice job! hope i can do this myself as well.

Looks like the need of UCAs is pretty contested at 2.5. If he were able to fit the shocks in then he may be ok