Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > Suspension

Notices

5100s, Alignment, & Pulling Left

Old 03-02-2009, 07:36 PM   #1
BOWnBUCKS is on a distinguished road
Army:
BOWnBUCKS's Tacoma Gallery
5100s, Alignment, & Pulling Left

I have the 5100s set at the 1.75 setting. The rear end has had the leaf spring TSB done. I also added the the AAL from Toytec because the front end was sitting approx. 3/4in. higher with just the TSB and the 5100s at the 1.75 setting. The truck always drifts to the left to the point at which on long drives my left hand gets tired.

I have had it aligned 3 times to factory specs and it still does it. It is at the dealership as I type this. They just called to say it isn't the tires, as they rotated them and test drove the truck after rotation and it still pulls.

The dealership says it may be the lift in the front and won't be covered. I can live with that. Just want it fixed.

I saw Chris 4X4's alignment setting suggestions, but they look to be for a 3in lift.

Any suggestions greatly appreciated! Thanks!
Old 03-03-2009, 06:22 AM   #2
Army:
Thanks.

Dealer said it's better now (after another alignment), but still has some left pull. Hopefully I can find a 4X4 shop.
Old 03-03-2009, 06:30 AM   #3
raskal311 is one of the sharper tools in the shedraskal311 is one of the sharper tools in the shedraskal311 is one of the sharper tools in the shedraskal311 is one of the sharper tools in the shedraskal311 is one of the sharper tools in the shedraskal311 is one of the sharper tools in the shedraskal311 is one of the sharper tools in the shedraskal311 is one of the sharper tools in the shedraskal311 is one of the sharper tools in the shedraskal311 is one of the sharper tools in the shedraskal311 is one of the sharper tools in the shed
raskal311's Tacoma Gallery
I have the 5100 set at max and TSB in the rear and no issue with alignment. I did have a bad camber (not sure if this is the correct term) where the tires did / \, got it aligned at firestone and no issue since. If this is going to be an on going issue I would suggest you buy the life time alignment and have it re adjusted regularly.
Old 03-03-2009, 06:36 AM   #4
With sufficient thrust, pigs fly just fine.
chris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: FlimFlubberJAM
chris4x4's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by BOWnBUCKS View Post
I saw Chris 4X4's alignment setting suggestions, but they look to be for a 3in lift.
Those number aply to all lift heights. They are the alignment numbers that work best on our trucks, and are within the factory specs.
Old 03-03-2009, 03:19 PM   #5
Army:
Quote:
Originally Posted by chris4x4 View Post
Those number aply to all lift heights. They are the alignment numbers that work best on our trucks, and are within the factory specs.
Just so I got your suggested settings right: Toe=0, Caster=0, and Camber=2.4 to 3.1. Is this correct?

Thanks!

I picked the truck up and there is still a slight pull to left. The dealership is trying to blame the 5100s in the front. It doesn't make sense to me. What would cause the alignment to keep going out of the previous settings? The alignment was just done 2 weeks ago and the #'s changed quite a bit in those 2 wks. No hard driving or big bumps. The alignment #'s just changed in those 2 wks. It appears it keeps going out of alignment for some reason. This trip was alignment #4.

Suggestions?
Old 03-03-2009, 03:22 PM   #6
Army:
Quote:
Originally Posted by raskal311 View Post
I have the 5100 set at max and TSB in the rear and no issue with alignment. I did have a bad camber (not sure if this is the correct term) where the tires did / \, got it aligned at firestone and no issue since. If this is going to be an on going issue I would suggest you buy the life time alignment and have it re adjusted regularly.
Thanks. I have the lifetime at Firestone. This readjustment only lasted 2 wks. so I took it to the dealer as I think that something else is wrong. They say it is the lift with the 5100s. I still don't think it should cause the alignment to keep going out.
Old 03-03-2009, 03:41 PM   #7
chris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Yep...Those numbers are correct.
Old 03-04-2009, 04:27 PM   #8
Taconator will become famous soon enough
Taconator's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by BOWnBUCKS View Post
Just so I got your suggested settings right: Toe=0, Caster=0, and Camber=2.4 to 3.1. Is this correct?
I'm assuming That it's Caster=2.4 to 3.1 and camber=0

But aside from that. Is there an ideal no. within that range that would be optimal? I'm about to go thru this my self and I want to take the best no. to the alignment guy.

Thanks
Old 03-04-2009, 05:00 PM   #9

Quote:
Originally Posted by Taconator View Post
I'm assuming That it's Caster=2.4 to 3.1 and camber=0

But aside from that. Is there an ideal no. within that range that would be optimal? I'm about to go thru this my self and I want to take the best no. to the alignment guy.

Thanks
Have the Toe set as close to 0* as possible. Camber as close to 0* as possible. Caster is good anywere between 2.4* and 3.1*. If the Toe and Camber are Zeroed, Caster should fall right in at the numbers given.