OME 883 lift height

Old 08-09-2013, 08:08 PM   #1
Custom User Title
optimuspeterson is on a distinguished road

Army:
optimuspeterson's Tacoma Gallery
OME 883 lift height

**PICS on POST 8**

I have done a lot of research over the 2 years that I have owned my truck but have came up short on info for 883 coils. Being in Germany made it difficult to pursue the mods I wanted to complete, but now that I'm back in the states, its game on.

I wanted to only level the front end, but also wanted to improve ride quality so I installed 883 coils on 5100's at 0" setting and received the following:

For those that care. ... Numbers are pre lift/post lift. Measured from ground, bisecting wheel hub to the top of the fender. FYI I have 265/70-17 Nitto Grapplers

LF 35" 36.25"
LR 36.5" 36.5"
RF 35.5" 36.75"
RR 37.5" 37.5"

Overall 1.25" of lift gained, I will remeasure in a month or so to see if they settle.
Old 08-09-2013, 08:11 PM   #2
With sufficient thrust, pigs fly just fine.
chris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: FlimFlubberJAM
chris4x4's Tacoma Gallery
Good info!
Old 08-09-2013, 08:18 PM   #3
tacoma guy is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacoma guy is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacoma guy is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacoma guy is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacoma guy is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacoma guy is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacoma guy is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacoma guy is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacoma guy is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacoma guy is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacoma guy is one of the sharper tools in the shed

tacoma guy's Tacoma Gallery
Awesome info . Let us know if they settle. Can you post pics? I wonted to do the 5100s with stock coils and set at .085. But if the 883 would give a smother ride them I mite consider that rout.
Old 08-09-2013, 08:23 PM   #4
Custom User Title

Army:
I'll post pictures tomorrow. I have a set of pro comp 7089 waiting to be installed hopefully next week as well.
Old 08-09-2013, 08:40 PM   #6
Custom User Title

Army:
Hard to tell so far. I need an alignment and only drove it for 15 minutes before putting it to bed. Initial assessment is that it is stiffer but not as bouncy as the stock Sport springs are (I had 40k miles before replacing).
Old 08-09-2013, 08:48 PM   #7
tacoma guy is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacoma guy is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacoma guy is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacoma guy is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacoma guy is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacoma guy is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacoma guy is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacoma guy is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacoma guy is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacoma guy is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacoma guy is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Oh ok. Thanks for your reply's. I have the TRD off road springs and was just wondering if the 883s would be smother or stiffer then the stock springs with the 5100s set at .085. Thanks again. Looking forward to see your pics.
Old 08-10-2013, 11:10 AM   #8
Custom User Title

Army:
Pre lift back in Germany

Post 883 instal

Post 883 and Pro Comp 7089 instal

Pro comp 7089 - 4.5" BS. This is how much the rear wheels stick out now

1.25" of lift isn't much but all I really wanted to do was level the front end out and hopefully improve the ride with new shocks/springs.
Old 08-10-2013, 01:02 PM   #9

That is exactly the look I am going for . Just wont to get rid of that factory rack. Thanks for posting pics. It looks just right!! Oh I almost forgot to ask you, did you develop any vibs ?
Old 08-10-2013, 01:17 PM   #10
cRaZy oLdmAn
4WD is one of the sharper tools in the shed4WD is one of the sharper tools in the shed4WD is one of the sharper tools in the shed4WD is one of the sharper tools in the shed4WD is one of the sharper tools in the shed4WD is one of the sharper tools in the shed4WD is one of the sharper tools in the shed4WD is one of the sharper tools in the shed4WD is one of the sharper tools in the shed4WD is one of the sharper tools in the shed4WD is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Doug
4WD's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by optimuspeterson View Post
**PICS on POST 8**

I have done a lot of research over the 2 years that I have owned my truck but have came up short on info for 883 coils. Being in Germany made it difficult to pursue the mods I wanted to complete, but now that I'm back in the states, its game on.

I wanted to only level the front end, but also wanted to improve ride quality so I installed 883 coils on 5100's at 0" setting and received the following:

For those that care. ... Numbers are pre lift/post lift. Measured from ground, bisecting wheel hub to the top of the fender. FYI I have 265/70-17 Nitto Grapplers

LF 35" 36.25"
LR 36.5" 36.5"
RF 35.5" 36.75"
RR 37.5" 37.5"

Overall 1.25" of lift gained, I will remeasure in a month or so to see if they settle.

Thanks for posting up some before/after numbers, not that it pertains to 2nd gen apps but with the 2nd gen 883's I got about 3" of lift on my 1st gen... I've read where 1.25"-1.75" is what 2nd gens get
Old 08-11-2013, 07:55 PM   #11
Custom User Title

Army:
Quote:
Originally Posted by tacoma guy View Post
That is exactly the look I am going for . Just wont to get rid of that factory rack. Thanks for posting pics. It looks just right!! Oh I almost forgot to ask you, did you develop any vibs ?
No vibes so far. I forgot to mention that I do not have the TSB leaf springs, so if you were to have them then these springs set on the 0" notch will not do much in terms of getting rid of the rake.
Old 08-12-2013, 05:42 AM   #12

Quote:
Originally Posted by optimuspeterson View Post
No vibes so far. I forgot to mention that I do not have the TSB leaf springs, so if you were to have them then these springs set on the 0" notch will not do much in terms of getting rid of the rake.
Yeah no I do not have the TSB. Thanks for mentioning that. I was wondering about that . Glad to hear that you did not get any vibs. Your truck looks awesome. Thanks again for all the info and posting pics.
Old 08-12-2013, 01:49 PM   #13
08TacoTrD will become famous soon enough
08TacoTrD's Tacoma Gallery
So you are factory 3-leaf in the rear right?
Old 08-20-2013, 08:55 AM   #14

Quote:
Originally Posted by 08TacoTrD View Post
So you are factory 3-leaf in the rear right?
Yes I have 2+1.
Old 09-18-2013, 03:58 PM   #15
Custom User Title

Army:
UPDATE - Finally was able to go out and re-measure the truck in the original spot that I had done so to begin with.

There is no measurable difference in the height 6 weeks later. Plus I have about a half tanks more gas than last time. Assuming room for error during the measurement process on both sides, I think its safe to say that there is little to no settling.
Old 09-20-2013, 01:42 AM   #16
East TN Yota is on a distinguished road
East TN Yota's Tacoma Gallery
Thanks for posting this. I'm wanting to do the same thing. A guy at Toytec recommended 883's to me the other day. He said my factory shocks would be fine with them. Why did you trade yours out for 5100's?
Old 09-21-2013, 08:14 AM   #17
Custom User Title

Army:
Quote:
Originally Posted by East TN Yota View Post
Thanks for posting this. I'm wanting to do the same thing. A guy at Toytec recommended 883's to me the other day. He said my factory shocks would be fine with them. Why did you trade yours out for 5100's?
I wanted to upgrade to new, better quality shocks and have the room for upgrade if I ever do anything with the rear suspension.
Old 09-28-2013, 01:48 PM   #18
East TN Yota is on a distinguished road
East TN Yota's Tacoma Gallery
Cool. Thanks again for the info. I ordered my 883's today.
Old 12-28-2013, 04:56 PM   #19
J0HN_R1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJ0HN_R1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJ0HN_R1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJ0HN_R1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJ0HN_R1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJ0HN_R1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJ0HN_R1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJ0HN_R1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJ0HN_R1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJ0HN_R1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJ0HN_R1 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

J0HN_R1's Tacoma Gallery
Thread Revival...

Quote:

Cool. Thanks again for the info. I ordered my 883's today.
How do they ride (with stock shocks) compared to the stock springs ?

* And to the OP, how high can you go on the 5100's, with the 883 coils ?

Old 12-28-2013, 05:43 PM   #20
cRaZy oLdmAn
4WD is one of the sharper tools in the shed4WD is one of the sharper tools in the shed4WD is one of the sharper tools in the shed4WD is one of the sharper tools in the shed4WD is one of the sharper tools in the shed4WD is one of the sharper tools in the shed4WD is one of the sharper tools in the shed4WD is one of the sharper tools in the shed4WD is one of the sharper tools in the shed4WD is one of the sharper tools in the shed4WD is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Doug
4WD's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
For 2nd gens, they may fit the stockers , dimensionally but I think the stock billys are too under dampened to accomodate the firmer coils (883's)

Quote:
Originally Posted by J0HN_R1 View Post
How do they ride (with stock shocks) compared to the stock springs ?

* And to the OP, how high can you go on the 5100's, with the 883 coils ?

Not a 100% on this but pretty sure you don't want to increase preload on either the OME's or the Toytec/Eibach coils, at least on 1st gens. I bumped mine up 1 setting just to see how the ride would be and it was like driving a pogo stick....