1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

Going to service the suspension, this is what I'm doing:

Discussion in 'Suspension' started by Nixinus, Aug 10, 2013.

1. Aug 10, 2013 at 11:53 PM
    Nixinus

Nixinus [OP] Well-Known Member

Member:
    Oregon
    Vehicle:
    2010 4x4
    2010 Sport 4x4
    -Mostly city driving but I do make it out to light trails at least every month.
    -50,000 miles
    -TSB for rear leafs done at 10, 000

I'm going to run bilstein 5100's set at .85 and throw in a toytec lean spacer while its apart.

-Can anyone compare the stock sport shocks to the billies?
    -Anything that YOU have done as part of a suspension service that you would recommend?

I'm not looking to go "level" because I do tow and haul bikes in the back so I would like a slight rake. I'm going to order the parts soon and install it once I get a free day. I've done my homework but I'm looking to discuss any experiences YOU have had with a similar service. This is after all a "discussion board" (haha)...

Cheers!

2. Aug 11, 2013 at 5:02 PM
    Supra TT

Supra TT Supercharged Lifter

Member:
    First Name:
    Eric
    Indiana
    Vehicle:
    2000 SAS D60 F/R Supercharged
    Supercharged on One Tons
    The billies will be a better shock than stock... As part of the service I would highly recommend grease all the driveshaft u-joints!

3. Aug 11, 2013 at 5:10 PM
    Texoma

Texoma IG: Triple C Chop Shop

Member:
    First Name:
    Chris(Topher)
    Lago Vista, TX
    Vehicle:
    10 Taco 4x4
    A bunch a cool stickers, a bada ass MetalMiller Tx Longhorns grill emblem painted Hemi Orange, JBA long tube headers with o2 sims, Diff breather mod, Red LED interior lights, Fancy head unit that plays ipod n movies, Also DIY install factory stuff like, factory cruise control, factory intermittent wipers, OME nitro struts with 886x springs and toy tec top plate, JBA high caster UCA's for better alignmnet and dey beefier too, Old Man Emu Dakar leaf springs in da rear with the gear, U bolt flipper, Ivan Stewart TRD rims with 33" K Bro 2's, some bad ass weather tech floor liners so I don't muck up my interior, an ATO shackle flipper for mo travel in da rear wit the gear, also super shiny Fox 2.0 shocks back there too, all sorts of steal armor for bouncing off of the rocks like demello sliders, AP front skid, trans skid, n transfer skid, demello gas tank skid, and a tough as nails ARB bumper with warn 8k winch, I'm sure there's more
    I agree that the BLSTN 5100's ride is somewhat smoother than the Stock BLSTN TRD shocks. I would also recommend lubing everything and also torquing all nuts n bolts to the proper torque.

4. Aug 11, 2013 at 11:31 PM
    Nixinus

Member:
    Oregon
    Vehicle:
    2010 4x4
    I lube the DS at each oil change, recheck the leaf spring bolts and make sure the prop shaft bolts haven't moved (since I marked them).

5. Aug 11, 2013 at 11:56 PM
    xyourlocaldjx

xyourlocaldjx Well-Known Member

Member:
    As a fellow scm member... I say go big and get coil overs. I had billies with
    Ome springs and I didn't really like them. Too rough yet not enough to off road. The sway a ways I have are nice. I'm still running billies in rear with add a leaf that somehow raised my rear well over 2 inches.

6. Aug 12, 2013 at 1:02 AM
    Nixinus

Member:
    Oregon
    Vehicle:
    2010 4x4
    I wish that was in the cards for me now but the objective is service the shocks and I'm hoping to get a little lift, a level (side to side) truck and reset alignment out of the work also. Maybe if someone bought by CR I would look to upgrade...

7. Aug 12, 2013 at 10:52 AM
    xyourlocaldjx

xyourlocaldjx Well-Known Member

Member:
    How much for your chad reed?

Products Discussed in

To Top