Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > Suspension

Notices

Cheapest way place to get full ome

Old 03-03-2009, 08:44 PM   #1
KMADA has a spectacular aura aboutKMADA has a spectacular aura about
KMADA's Tacoma Gallery
Cheapest way place to get full ome

I decided to get the full ome setup with coils and shocks. I just wanted your guys is input on where the best place is to get them at. I've seen on wheelers that they sell the already springed compressed into the coilover already but for an extra $200. The reason why is because I don't have the garage to do the work nor the tools. I guess I might just go to a shop somewhere in the socal
Old 03-03-2009, 08:50 PM   #2
I got fisted
wildjerseyfirefighter is one of the sharper tools in the shedwildjerseyfirefighter is one of the sharper tools in the shedwildjerseyfirefighter is one of the sharper tools in the shedwildjerseyfirefighter is one of the sharper tools in the shedwildjerseyfirefighter is one of the sharper tools in the shedwildjerseyfirefighter is one of the sharper tools in the shedwildjerseyfirefighter is one of the sharper tools in the shedwildjerseyfirefighter is one of the sharper tools in the shedwildjerseyfirefighter is one of the sharper tools in the shedwildjerseyfirefighter is one of the sharper tools in the shedwildjerseyfirefighter is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Firefighter:
Name: Joe
wildjerseyfirefighter's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via AIM to wildjerseyfirefighter
best bet is to do your own research. If you want to save some money, buy the struts seperate and take them to a local garage. Should be no more then $100 to do the 2, if that. Plus you need an alignment afterwards, so see if they can work a deal with you if you bring your truck back to them for an alignment
Old 03-03-2009, 08:56 PM   #3
Enjoying my addiction
roxspin72 is one of the sharper tools in the shedroxspin72 is one of the sharper tools in the shedroxspin72 is one of the sharper tools in the shedroxspin72 is one of the sharper tools in the shedroxspin72 is one of the sharper tools in the shedroxspin72 is one of the sharper tools in the shedroxspin72 is one of the sharper tools in the shedroxspin72 is one of the sharper tools in the shedroxspin72 is one of the sharper tools in the shedroxspin72 is one of the sharper tools in the shedroxspin72 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

roxspin72's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via Yahoo to roxspin72
+1

Sorry to say but that $200 is a lazy mans crutch.

Local shop will do $40-$60 depending on location. Full install might be $150.. depending;

One thing to know is the install aint bad once your coilover assembly is set up correctly. You can do the bolt on; with basic tools...
Old 03-03-2009, 09:20 PM   #4
KMADA's Tacoma Gallery
Yea I knew 200 was a big rip. Does anyone know any good socal shops?
Old 03-03-2009, 09:28 PM   #5
I got fisted
wildjerseyfirefighter is one of the sharper tools in the shedwildjerseyfirefighter is one of the sharper tools in the shedwildjerseyfirefighter is one of the sharper tools in the shedwildjerseyfirefighter is one of the sharper tools in the shedwildjerseyfirefighter is one of the sharper tools in the shedwildjerseyfirefighter is one of the sharper tools in the shedwildjerseyfirefighter is one of the sharper tools in the shedwildjerseyfirefighter is one of the sharper tools in the shedwildjerseyfirefighter is one of the sharper tools in the shedwildjerseyfirefighter is one of the sharper tools in the shedwildjerseyfirefighter is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Firefighter:
Name: Joe
wildjerseyfirefighter's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via AIM to wildjerseyfirefighter
or if you want to be super cost effective, you can rent coil spring compressors from autozone or the like, and do it yourself and only have to pay for the alignment. They refund your deposit for the tool once you bring it back the same way you rented it(not broken)
Old 03-04-2009, 07:39 AM   #6
06Bluez has much to be proud of06Bluez has much to be proud of06Bluez has much to be proud of06Bluez has much to be proud of06Bluez has much to be proud of06Bluez has much to be proud of06Bluez has much to be proud of06Bluez has much to be proud of06Bluez has much to be proud of06Bluez has much to be proud of

06Bluez's Tacoma Gallery
Pepboys has done work for me twice for $40.
Old 03-04-2009, 07:50 AM   #7
KMADA's Tacoma Gallery
Sweet. Now does anybody know whether it's cheaper to by the parts seperate for just get the whole kit from toytec. ?
Old 03-04-2009, 10:44 AM   #8
06Bluez has much to be proud of06Bluez has much to be proud of06Bluez has much to be proud of06Bluez has much to be proud of06Bluez has much to be proud of06Bluez has much to be proud of06Bluez has much to be proud of06Bluez has much to be proud of06Bluez has much to be proud of06Bluez has much to be proud of

06Bluez's Tacoma Gallery
just buy the shocks and the coils together and then bring em to a mechanic shop and have them install. make sure you call toytec before ordering and make sure you dont forget any required parts.
Old 03-04-2009, 05:51 PM   #9
My other ride Hovers
Alaskaflyer has a spectacular aura aboutAlaskaflyer has a spectacular aura aboutAlaskaflyer has a spectacular aura about

Coast Guard: Helicopter Flight Mechanic
Alaskaflyer's Tacoma Gallery
The reason they charge 200 is because they supply the top plates needed to assemble the coils which are pretty spendy for what they are from the stealership. What you should do is find the top plates yourself then when you get everything in, take it to a local shop and have them put them together for you, and I'm speaking from experience, check them over real good because some of these Yahoo's don't know what the hell they are doing. Makes the install go so much quicker when it's a simple swap with the coils.