Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > Suspension

Notices

Rear Taco Lean problem

Old 08-12-2013, 09:59 AM   #1
SicKnd is on a distinguished road
SicKnd's Tacoma Gallery
Angry Rear Taco Lean problem

Im a Tacoma noob so please bare with me. I installed a small 3" lift on my 2010 2wd Tacoma. my truck isn't a prerunner, sr5... nothing. just a plain 5 lug access cab. A few weeks after a installed the lift, I noticed that my rear driver side was sagging about 3/4" - 1". front looks perfectly even, its just in the rear. after looking this up online, I came across a toytec 1/4" spacer for this problem. now my questions are...
1) has anyone w/ a 2nd gen 5 lug experienced this problem also?
2) has anyone with this problem tried the toytec spacer & did it work?
3) does adding a 1/4" spacer to the front driver side really fix 1" of difference in the rear driver side?
Old 08-13-2013, 08:48 AM   #2
SicKnd's Tacoma Gallery
Has anyone used this spacer on a second gen?
Old 08-15-2013, 12:10 PM   #4
SicKnd's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by 12TRDTacoma View Post
How did you lift the rear of the truck up? Blocks?
it was just an AAL from fat bobs. not much of a lift if any imo...
Old 08-15-2013, 12:14 PM   #5
Peanut Butter and Jaaaaaaaammmmmmm!!
t.hornstra is one of the sharper tools in the shedt.hornstra is one of the sharper tools in the shedt.hornstra is one of the sharper tools in the shedt.hornstra is one of the sharper tools in the shedt.hornstra is one of the sharper tools in the shedt.hornstra is one of the sharper tools in the shedt.hornstra is one of the sharper tools in the shedt.hornstra is one of the sharper tools in the shedt.hornstra is one of the sharper tools in the shedt.hornstra is one of the sharper tools in the shedt.hornstra is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Army: Infantry Officer
Name: Ted
t.hornstra's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by SicKnd View Post
it was just an AAL from fat bobs. not much of a lift if any imo...
Are the leaf springs directional or anything? meaning is one end suppose to go forwards? Only think I can think of is maybe one is backwards and not pushing the spring up like the other side?

then again, I don't even know if AAL are directional or anything. Stumped me.
Old 08-15-2013, 12:19 PM   #6
Stay Calm, and Fire For Effect
YOTA LOVER is one of the sharper tools in the shedYOTA LOVER is one of the sharper tools in the shedYOTA LOVER is one of the sharper tools in the shedYOTA LOVER is one of the sharper tools in the shedYOTA LOVER is one of the sharper tools in the shedYOTA LOVER is one of the sharper tools in the shedYOTA LOVER is one of the sharper tools in the shedYOTA LOVER is one of the sharper tools in the shedYOTA LOVER is one of the sharper tools in the shedYOTA LOVER is one of the sharper tools in the shedYOTA LOVER is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Army: Training NCO, B Btry, 3-197th FA
Name: Chris
YOTA LOVER's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by t.hornstra View Post
Are the leaf springs directional or anything? meaning is one end suppose to go forwards? Only think I can think of is maybe one is backwards and not pushing the spring up like the other side?

then again, I don't even know if AAL are directional or anything. Stumped me.
That was my first thought. Or one AAL was for the D/S and the other was specifically for the P/S.

OP- call the seller and ask if they were directionally specific, and also if they were specific to one side or the other. Some manufacturers build their springs to help compensate for Taco lean, and if they are installed on the wrong side they only make it worse.
Old 08-16-2013, 07:52 AM   #8
SicKnd's Tacoma Gallery
I sent them an email asking, but I doubt that's the case. their website says nothing about being directional or side specific, nor did one leaf curve more than the other