1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

How to obtain a desired lift?

Discussion in 'Suspension' started by Veccster, Mar 5, 2009.

1. Mar 5, 2009 at 9:15 AM
    Veccster

Veccster [OP] bass turds

Member:
    First Name:
    Eric
    Pittsburgh - The City of Champions
    Vehicle:
    2020 Pro
    I have a 2009 DCSB TRDsport and would like a little lift. I do not off-road but don't want to hear my mud flaps dragging any more.

I have stock TRD Sport tires and rims. I was thinking of a 2-2.5" lift. I am getting the rear 4 leaf pack that is associated with the TSB. After it settles, I figure this will add a 0.5" of lift.

I will probably get the 5100's for the front. Should I get a block for the back or the 5100's? What sizes do blocks come in? If I aal, it may make the back too firm since I will already have the 4 leaf pack.

What are other ideas for my situation? I do not plan to off-road at this point.

2. Mar 5, 2009 at 9:20 AM
    Anathollo

Anathollo www.saveadane.org

Member:
    Houston
    Vehicle:
    07 Tacoma TRD Sport
    Icon coilovers, Rear Fox Resi-shocks, 285/70/17 Toyo A/T's, Touchscreen JVC Headunit, Custom Rhino-lined sub box, Rocksford Fosgate components and Dual Rockford Fosgate 10" shallow subs, Pioneer and Rocksford Fosgate amps, 1250 watts total, Autometer Volt and Trans gauges with Lotek A-pillar, K&N Drop-in filter, WO Seat covers, Tint, NST WP pulley, Hi-lift jack, Diff breather mod, horn relocation mod, extra "D" rings, de-pinstriped, carrier bearing drop, Rear backup 886 bulbs, Camburg UCA's, AMW Catch can, BHLM, OME Dakars with AAL, Procomp 7089's, Front single hoop Demello bumper, Superwinch Tiger Shark 9500, Amsteel 3/8th synthetic line

3. Mar 5, 2009 at 9:37 AM
    Veccster

Veccster [OP] bass turds

Member:
    First Name:
    Eric
    Vehicle:
    2020 Pro
    Thanks. Mud flaps are staying on as I like the look of them. The lift is just because the taco looks so damn good with a bit of lift.

I'm afraid of the standard 3" lift since I don't off-road and am keeping my stock tires (for now). I would be happier with 2".

I have a mechanic in the family that will be installing everything. That should not be a problem.

4. Mar 5, 2009 at 10:11 AM
    cbcs1987

cbcs1987 Redneck from the hills

Member:
    First Name:
    Cody
    East Tennessee
    Vehicle:
    2007 Tacoma 4wd access cab
    6" Fabtech coilover lift. 35/12.50/17 Mickey Thompson MTZ, 17x9 ProComp 1089 wheels painted black, UWS black lowprofile toolbox, husky liners, tacoma bed mat, bed lights, Premier stereo, Cobra 19 cb, firestik 3' antenna.
    If you only want 2" There is nothing better to do that get the 5100's and set them at the desired height. I'm not sure what your best option for the rear is because im not to familiar with the tsb

5. Mar 5, 2009 at 10:31 AM
    Veccster

Veccster [OP] bass turds

Member:
    First Name:
    Eric
    Vehicle:
    2020 Pro
    I am doing the 5100's up front.

For the rear, I may add a 1" block. I don't wheel and I think 1" is small enough to not be a problem.

I don't mind spending a bit more for an AAL but don't want too stiff of a ride. Many trucks run blocks and have no issues. 1" is pretty small.

Products Discussed in

To Top