Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > Suspension

Notices

How to obtain a desired lift?

Old 03-05-2009, 09:15 AM   #1
bass turds
Veccster is one of the sharper tools in the shedVeccster is one of the sharper tools in the shedVeccster is one of the sharper tools in the shedVeccster is one of the sharper tools in the shedVeccster is one of the sharper tools in the shedVeccster is one of the sharper tools in the shedVeccster is one of the sharper tools in the shedVeccster is one of the sharper tools in the shedVeccster is one of the sharper tools in the shedVeccster is one of the sharper tools in the shedVeccster is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Eric
Veccster's Tacoma Gallery
How to obtain a desired lift?

I have a 2009 DCSB TRDsport and would like a little lift. I do not off-road but don't want to hear my mud flaps dragging any more.

I have stock TRD Sport tires and rims. I was thinking of a 2-2.5" lift. I am getting the rear 4 leaf pack that is associated with the TSB. After it settles, I figure this will add a 0.5" of lift.

I will probably get the 5100's for the front. Should I get a block for the back or the 5100's? What sizes do blocks come in? If I aal, it may make the back too firm since I will already have the 4 leaf pack.

What are other ideas for my situation? I do not plan to off-road at this point.
Old 03-05-2009, 09:20 AM   #2
www.saveadane.org
Anathollo is one of the sharper tools in the shedAnathollo is one of the sharper tools in the shedAnathollo is one of the sharper tools in the shedAnathollo is one of the sharper tools in the shedAnathollo is one of the sharper tools in the shedAnathollo is one of the sharper tools in the shedAnathollo is one of the sharper tools in the shedAnathollo is one of the sharper tools in the shedAnathollo is one of the sharper tools in the shedAnathollo is one of the sharper tools in the shedAnathollo is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Anathollo's Tacoma Gallery
[QUOTE=Veccster;445858]I have a 2009 DCSB TRDsport and would like a little lift. I do not off-road but don't want to hear my mud flaps dragging any more. [QUOTE=Veccster;445858]

Take the mudflaps off. I did and I've been driving for more than a year with no scratches. The clear coat is pretty strong and will hold up.

Take a look at Tuff country lifts. They have a nice 3" lift kit that easy to install. Also look at leveling spacers since you're not going to go offroad.
Old 03-05-2009, 09:37 AM   #3
bass turds
Veccster is one of the sharper tools in the shedVeccster is one of the sharper tools in the shedVeccster is one of the sharper tools in the shedVeccster is one of the sharper tools in the shedVeccster is one of the sharper tools in the shedVeccster is one of the sharper tools in the shedVeccster is one of the sharper tools in the shedVeccster is one of the sharper tools in the shedVeccster is one of the sharper tools in the shedVeccster is one of the sharper tools in the shedVeccster is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Thanks. Mud flaps are staying on as I like the look of them. The lift is just because the taco looks so damn good with a bit of lift.

I'm afraid of the standard 3" lift since I don't off-road and am keeping my stock tires (for now). I would be happier with 2".

I have a mechanic in the family that will be installing everything. That should not be a problem.
Old 03-05-2009, 10:11 AM   #4
Redneck from the hills
cbcs1987 is one of the sharper tools in the shedcbcs1987 is one of the sharper tools in the shedcbcs1987 is one of the sharper tools in the shedcbcs1987 is one of the sharper tools in the shedcbcs1987 is one of the sharper tools in the shedcbcs1987 is one of the sharper tools in the shedcbcs1987 is one of the sharper tools in the shedcbcs1987 is one of the sharper tools in the shedcbcs1987 is one of the sharper tools in the shedcbcs1987 is one of the sharper tools in the shedcbcs1987 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Cody
cbcs1987's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Veccster View Post
Thanks. Mud flaps are staying on as I like the look of them. The lift is just because the taco looks so damn good with a bit of lift.

I'm afraid of the standard 3" lift since I don't off-road and am keeping my stock tires (for now). I would be happier with 2".

I have a mechanic in the family that will be installing everything. That should not be a problem.
If you only want 2" There is nothing better to do that get the 5100's and set them at the desired height. I'm not sure what your best option for the rear is because im not to familiar with the tsb
Old 03-05-2009, 10:31 AM   #5
bass turds

I am doing the 5100's up front.

For the rear, I may add a 1" block. I don't wheel and I think 1" is small enough to not be a problem.

I don't mind spending a bit more for an AAL but don't want too stiff of a ride. Many trucks run blocks and have no issues. 1" is pretty small.