1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

OME Suspension Kit

Discussion in 'Suspension' started by FlexIT, Aug 23, 2013.

1. Aug 23, 2013 at 8:29 PM
    FlexIT

FlexIT [OP] You can't polish a TRD

Member:
    First Name:
    Nick
    North Pole, AK
    Vehicle:
    It's shiny??
    Now I know there are some you out there running OME suspension, and I just would like to know how you all like it (or not). I ask this because I'm looking at a full OME suspension kit from toytec with 886 coils and Dakar leafs, with the LR UCA's thrown in. Is this a good set up? I mean I'm sure it's an outstanding bit of kit but I just want to know if there is something even a bit better. For my budget that is.. ($1600 - $1800)

2. Aug 23, 2013 at 9:35 PM
    penguins_cc

penguins_cc Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Will
    Bellevue, WA
    Vehicle:
    Timberland Mica Limo!
    Perkins Performance Sliders, Warn 9000, Brute Force Fab front & rear bumper, OME/Dakar lift, full ATO skids and hi-lift mount, satoshi, Wet Okoles, illuminated 4x4 switch, Diff Breather.
    Really like my OME lift. Great bang for the buck. The 886 coils are usually for people with aftermarket bumper, winch, sliders, skids, etc. Do you have any other mods that would change the weight of the front from stock?

3. Aug 23, 2013 at 9:57 PM
    FlexIT

Member:
    First Name:
    Nick
    North Pole, AK
    Vehicle:
    It's shiny??
    Not at the moment, but I do plan on getting after market bumpers and skids at some point. And I do like to go out and camp a lot and I will tow things for my friends and co-workers. So I haul quite a bit of gear occasionally.

4. Aug 23, 2013 at 9:58 PM
    OZ-T

OZ-T You are going backwards

Member:
    First Name:
    Peter North
    British Columbia
    Vehicle:
    Mag Grey 09 Trd Sport DCLB 4x4
    OME 885x , OME shocks and Dakars , Wheelers SuperBumps front and rear , 275/70/17 Hankook ATm , OEM bed mat , Weathertech digifit floor liners , Weathertech in-channel vents , headache rack , Leer 100RCC commercial canopy , TRD bedside decals removed , Devil Horns by Andres , HomerTaco Satoshi

5. Aug 24, 2013 at 5:47 AM
    bjboucher

bjboucher Mama says Tacoma World is da devil!

Member:
    First Name:
    Brad
    San Antonio, Texas
    Vehicle:
    Former 2012 DCLB 4x4 SR5 Texas Edition
    OME complete kit w/ 885s on Nitrocharger Sports, 1/4" spacers, Dakars w/ Nitrocharger Sports, LR UCAs, 265/70-17, Duratracs, G4 Elite tonneau, Weathertech Window Deflectors, Weathertech digital floor liners, factory JBL/Entune, rear differential breather relocate.
    I like mine.....you'll see some people complain about it being stiff but it's not as stiff as I was expecting. Rides pretty nice. The Dakars will start to squeak after 3-4 weeks but there's an easy fix for that so don't let that scare you away. They're great leafs.

6. Aug 24, 2013 at 5:49 AM
    bjboucher

Member:
    First Name:
    Brad
    San Antonio, Texas
    Vehicle:
    OME complete kit w/ 885s on Nitrocharger Sports, 1/4" spacers, Dakars w/ Nitrocharger Sports, LR UCAs, 265/70-17, Duratracs, G4 Elite tonneau, Weathertech Window Deflectors, Weathertech digital floor liners, factory JBL/Entune, rear differential breather relocate.
    If you haven't already, make sure you read through this thread. BJMOOSE also has an install thread that is stickied at the of this section of the forum that is helpful as well.

7. Aug 24, 2013 at 6:08 AM
    medic2230

medic2230 @Koditten Pirate Radio member #002

Member:
    First Name:
    Murph
    Bama! Roll Tide
    Vehicle:
    2011 Taco 4x4 DCLB 2019 TRD PRO 4runner 2018 RAM 2500 mega cab
    20% Tint, OME 3"complete lift with Dakar's, Light Racing UCA's, 285/75/16 Nitto Terra Grapplers, 10 HP TW sticker, Ultraguage, B.A.M.F. Rock Sliders, MedicFab Bed Rack, Relentless front bumper, Air Flow Snorkel, Ham comms, Tech Deck
    Love mine. I have the full setup with the Dakars. I don't have an aftermarket bumper or skids yet so I'm running 885 coils. When I upgrade I'll add the 886 coils. It's a nice firm ride and rides like a 4x4 ought to instead of the car feeling you get with the stock setup. You also won't get the body roll you get with the stock setup in curves. Probably the best upgrade I've done so far.

8. Aug 24, 2013 at 7:05 AM
    YOTA LOVER

YOTA LOVER Stay Calm, and Fire For Effect

Member:
    First Name:
    Chris
    NH
    Vehicle:
    2011 MGM Tacoma DCLB SR5
    A slew of pricey stuff my wife hates me for.
    Love the OME. I ran the 886s without armor for awhile, and the ride wasn't bad. The Dakars are excellent and have really improved my load carrying abilities.

9. Aug 24, 2013 at 7:17 AM
    Mainmoe02

Mainmoe02 Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Moe
    Austin, Texas
    Vehicle:
    01 Gold tacoma SR5 TRD
    3" lift EIBACH coils w/ 5100's front, OME/ Dakar leaf springs w/ toytec adjustable shackles at 1.5" and 5125's out back. 33x10.5x15 KM2's Relentless DIY steel bumper.
    I like my DAKAR leaf springs. They provide a smooth ride and are strong. I typically have a slight rake, even after loading the bed with 300#'s of tires and wheels, the dakars still maintained the rake I normally have. I tow 1-2 vehicles once a week w/ a car dolly and before the new springs I would sag, but now I'm pretty much level. I don't think you can go wrong with OME or anything made by ARB.

10. Sep 25, 2013 at 2:29 PM
    FlexIT

Member:
    First Name:
    Nick
    North Pole, AK
    Vehicle:
    It's shiny??
    Got the lift ariving at my door real soon. Hoping to get it installed soon after. It's getting damn cold around here and I know I can't wait until it warms up again. 7 months of winter with lows of -50F. Woo...

11. Sep 25, 2013 at 2:41 PM
    bjboucher

Member:
    First Name:
    Brad
    San Antonio, Texas
    Vehicle:
    LOL, good luck. I was supposed to move up there to Elmo this summer but my assignment fell through. It's beautiful up there but I'm glad I don't have to live through those winters.

12. Sep 25, 2013 at 3:00 PM
    PAlittlematty

PAlittlematty "the soulless ginger"

Member:
    First Name:
    Matt
    Beech Creek, PA
    Vehicle:
    I miss my taco
    OME Lift, 885 Coils, 13MM Top Spacer, Dakar Leafs, DSM UCAs, Homeroshi Flush Mount Grille, WeatherTech Digifit Mats, Bestop Super Top, Toyota Bed Extender, Clevice Receiver 1990 SR5 3.slow SAS 5” Leafs, high pinion diff, 37” PBRs, MC rear, AP front bumpers, 5.29s, locked
    I have the full kit with the dakar pack. 885 coils and the top plate spacer from wheelers. I wouldn't buy any other lift. My truck rides a lot better now than it did before. And it's smooth even when I'm off road

Products Discussed in

To Top