Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > Suspension

Notices

Do I have everything covered?

Old 03-05-2009, 10:29 AM   #1
Aspiring wrench monkey
TacoCo is a glorious beacon of lightTacoCo is a glorious beacon of lightTacoCo is a glorious beacon of lightTacoCo is a glorious beacon of lightTacoCo is a glorious beacon of light

TacoCo's Tacoma Gallery
Do I have everything covered?

I picked up some Toytec Coilovers from Dtrujillo63, and I'm supposed to be getting the TSB from the dealership tomorrow. I plan to order the following:

Bilstein 5125's with a 1.5" stem conversion for the rear
Fabtech AAL's
Front Differential Drop
Swaybar Relocates
Rear Axle Shims

Am I missing anything besides UCA's? I can't afford UCA's right now, so they'll have to wait.
Old 03-05-2009, 10:40 AM   #2
With sufficient thrust, pigs fly just fine.
chris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: FlimFlubberJAM
chris4x4's Tacoma Gallery
Looks like you have everything. Dont install the diff drop unless vibes are evident after the install of the lift. None of the 4x4 lift installs I have done have had vibes, so you may want to hold off on installing it.
Old 03-05-2009, 10:53 AM   #3
Aspiring wrench monkey
TacoCo is a glorious beacon of lightTacoCo is a glorious beacon of lightTacoCo is a glorious beacon of lightTacoCo is a glorious beacon of lightTacoCo is a glorious beacon of light

TacoCo's Tacoma Gallery
Cool. Thanks Chris. I had read some different thoughts on the vibe issue, so I'll start without the diff. drop, and see where it goes from there.
Old 03-05-2009, 11:32 AM   #5
Can you pass the bailout please?
LonghornTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedLonghornTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedLonghornTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedLonghornTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedLonghornTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedLonghornTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedLonghornTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedLonghornTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedLonghornTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedLonghornTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedLonghornTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Jason
LonghornTaco's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by chris4x4 View Post
Looks like you have everything. Dont install the diff drop unless vibes are evident after the install of the lift. None of the 4x4 lift installs I have done have had vibes, so you may want to hold off on installing it.
Don't you mean hold off on the "rear shims" unless you get vibes? I didn't think the front diff drop would help/cause any vibes.
Old 03-05-2009, 11:48 AM   #6
06Bluez has much to be proud of06Bluez has much to be proud of06Bluez has much to be proud of06Bluez has much to be proud of06Bluez has much to be proud of06Bluez has much to be proud of06Bluez has much to be proud of06Bluez has much to be proud of06Bluez has much to be proud of06Bluez has much to be proud of

06Bluez's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by TacoCo View Post
I picked up some Toytec Coilovers from Dtrujillo63, and I'm supposed to be getting the TSB from the dealership tomorrow. I plan to order the following:

Bilstein 5125's with a 1.5" stem conversion for the rear
Fabtech AAL's
Front Differential Drop
Swaybar Relocates
Rear Axle Shims

Am I missing anything besides UCA's? I can't afford UCA's right now, so they'll have to wait.
What is this 1.5" stem conversion for?
Old 03-05-2009, 11:50 AM   #7
Aspiring wrench monkey

TacoCo's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by 06Bluez View Post
What is this 1.5" stem conversion for?
Its' lengthen the shocks for the TSB I believe. It's what Sonny at DSM recommended.
Old 03-05-2009, 11:51 AM   #8
With sufficient thrust, pigs fly just fine.
chris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: FlimFlubberJAM
chris4x4's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by TacoCo View Post
Its' lengthen the shocks for the TSB I believe. It's what Sonny at DSM recommended.
Or for an AAL.
Old 03-05-2009, 05:09 PM   #10
06Bluez has much to be proud of06Bluez has much to be proud of06Bluez has much to be proud of06Bluez has much to be proud of06Bluez has much to be proud of06Bluez has much to be proud of06Bluez has much to be proud of06Bluez has much to be proud of06Bluez has much to be proud of06Bluez has much to be proud of

06Bluez's Tacoma Gallery
Whoa I need that then!!!!!