Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > Suspension

Notices

What about body lifts?

Old 03-05-2009, 07:37 PM   #1
Slick8810 has a spectacular aura aboutSlick8810 has a spectacular aura about
Slick8810's Tacoma Gallery
What about body lifts?

I have 3 inches of lift so far and I was wondering what everyone thinks about a bodylift. It is too d*** expensive to spend $2000 on a fabtech lift because other than the 3 inch lift i have so far fabtechs 6 inch lift is all i can do other than a body lift. What would you do.Thanks
Old 03-05-2009, 07:50 PM   #2
With sufficient thrust, pigs fly just fine.
chris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: FlimFlubberJAM
chris4x4's Tacoma Gallery
What I would do is stick with the 3", or go long travel.
Old 03-05-2009, 09:26 PM   #3
Aussie Offroader :)
HILUX MAX is one of the sharper tools in the shedHILUX MAX is one of the sharper tools in the shedHILUX MAX is one of the sharper tools in the shedHILUX MAX is one of the sharper tools in the shedHILUX MAX is one of the sharper tools in the shedHILUX MAX is one of the sharper tools in the shedHILUX MAX is one of the sharper tools in the shedHILUX MAX is one of the sharper tools in the shedHILUX MAX is one of the sharper tools in the shedHILUX MAX is one of the sharper tools in the shedHILUX MAX is one of the sharper tools in the shed

HILUX MAX's Tacoma Gallery
Nothing wrong with bodylifts....I dont know why so many people diss' them?

Here in australia so many fourbies run bodylifts with no problems...no blocks breaking, nor body cracking....its gotta be done right.

Im currently awaiting an engineer to sign off on a bodylift for my hilux....its currently got a 3" lift, and am hoping for upto 2inches more.

with the bodylift most of the vehicles mass is in the chassis rails and drivetrain, the body lift doesnt raise the Centre of Gravity as much as many may think...yeah it raises it abit but not that much to worry about.
Old 03-05-2009, 10:43 PM   #4
dewriffic16 is on a distinguished road

Name: David
dewriffic16's Tacoma Gallery
I agree, as long as you do it right and cover all the gaps and get/make new bumper brackets I think its a great lift. I had a 2" one on my last truck and also have installed them on 2 other vehicles and never had a single problem, it actually gave me tons more room to work in engine bay and also under the truck.

Other people will say different but I would argue its a better lift than a lot of them out there. Not so sure on the tacomas but worked great on a Jeep, Ranger and Chevy I've had.
Old 03-06-2009, 12:05 AM   #5
Old & Forgetful
Janster is one of the sharper tools in the shedJanster is one of the sharper tools in the shedJanster is one of the sharper tools in the shedJanster is one of the sharper tools in the shedJanster is one of the sharper tools in the shedJanster is one of the sharper tools in the shedJanster is one of the sharper tools in the shedJanster is one of the sharper tools in the shedJanster is one of the sharper tools in the shedJanster is one of the sharper tools in the shedJanster is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Jandy
Janster's Tacoma Gallery
Personally.....BIG body lifts (like 3") can be dangerous.

I worked with a guy who had a 3" body lift on his jeep. He had to slam on his brakes to avoid and accident.... The force of the braking quickly, bent the body lift bolts and his entire cab slide forwards. It wasn't pretty....

I personally run 1" body lift on my jeep - but I personally won't go any more than that.