1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

What about body lifts?

Discussion in 'Suspension' started by Slick8810, Mar 5, 2009.

1. Mar 5, 2009 at 7:37 PM
    Slick8810

Slick8810 [OP] Well-Known Member

Member:
    Panama City, FL
    Vehicle:
    01 Tacoma Prerunner SR5
    3" lift, 20% tint, billet grille
    I have 3 inches of lift so far and I was wondering what everyone thinks about a bodylift. It is too d*** expensive to spend $2000 on a fabtech lift because other than the 3 inch lift i have so far fabtechs 6 inch lift is all i can do other than a body lift. What would you do.Thanks

2. Mar 5, 2009 at 7:50 PM
    chris4x4

chris4x4 With sufficient thrust, pigs fly just fine. Moderator

Member:
    First Name:
    FlimFlubberJAM
    Tenoe, AZ
    Vehicle:
    2019 Rubicon 4 Door,
    4.10 gears, sliders, and lots of buttons.
    What I would do is stick with the 3", or go long travel.

3. Mar 5, 2009 at 9:26 PM
    HILUX MAX

HILUX MAX Aussie Offroader :)

Member:
    Melbourne, Australia
    Vehicle:
    07 Hilux 4x4 Diesel
    3" lift, ARB barwork, 285/75x16 Silverstone MT117 Sport, 16x8 Black Dynamic Steel Wheels, Zero offset. Straight through 3" exhaust-no mufflers, Front ARB Locker, Skid Plates, SR5 Rollbar, Lightforce Spotlights and some other shit!
    Nothing wrong with bodylifts....I dont know why so many people diss' them?

Here in australia so many fourbies run bodylifts with no problems...no blocks breaking, nor body cracking....its gotta be done right.

Im currently awaiting an engineer to sign off on a bodylift for my hilux....its currently got a 3" lift, and am hoping for upto 2inches more.

with the bodylift most of the vehicles mass is in the chassis rails and drivetrain, the body lift doesnt raise the Centre of Gravity as much as many may think...yeah it raises it abit but not that much to worry about.

4. Mar 5, 2009 at 10:43 PM
    dewriffic16

dewriffic16 Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    David
    Flagstaff, AZ
    Vehicle:
    '09 TRD Off-Road DC
    Custom Perforated Stainless Satoshi Grill, 3" Toytech Ultimate Lift with AAL in the rear, Total Chaos UCAs up front, Bilstiens all around, Diff drop/sway bar drop, Locker Anytime Mod, Map Light on with doors, AUX back up camera on anytime switch.
    I agree, as long as you do it right and cover all the gaps and get/make new bumper brackets I think its a great lift. I had a 2" one on my last truck and also have installed them on 2 other vehicles and never had a single problem, it actually gave me tons more room to work in engine bay and also under the truck.

Other people will say different but I would argue its a better lift than a lot of them out there. Not so sure on the tacomas but worked great on a Jeep, Ranger and Chevy I've had.

5. Mar 6, 2009 at 12:05 AM
    Janster

Janster Old & Forgetful

Member:
    First Name:
    Jandy
    Lancaster, PA
    Vehicle:
    2016 GMC Canyon SLT w/ LineX and....
    Personally.....BIG body lifts (like 3") can be dangerous.

I worked with a guy who had a 3" body lift on his jeep. He had to slam on his brakes to avoid and accident.... The force of the braking quickly, bent the body lift bolts and his entire cab slide forwards. It wasn't pretty....

I personally run 1" body lift on my jeep - but I personally won't go any more than that.

Products Discussed in

To Top