1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

Am I crazy or does the taco lean with stock springs?

Discussion in 'Suspension' started by Nixinus, Aug 29, 2013.

1. Aug 29, 2013 at 10:08 PM
    Nixinus

Nixinus [OP] Well-Known Member

Member:
    Oregon
    Vehicle:
    2010 4x4
    I know about the dreaded taco lean but I've been reading up about suspension replacement to prep for installing 5100's this weekend. What I read was that if you go aftermarket springs, you need a lean spacer to correct the lean since the stock springs compensate. My truck is a 2010 4x4 AC with stock suspension and I notice the taco lean. Granted I've never measured it out but its enough that an ocd eyeball can easily catch it. Is my lean worse since I am on the "COMPENSATED" stock suspension and still leaning or am I missing something? Discuss.

2. Aug 30, 2013 at 6:31 AM
    bjboucher

bjboucher Mama says Tacoma World is da devil!

Member:
    First Name:
    Brad
    San Antonio, Texas
    Vehicle:
    Former 2012 DCLB 4x4 SR5 Texas Edition
    OME complete kit w/ 885s on Nitrocharger Sports, 1/4" spacers, Dakars w/ Nitrocharger Sports, LR UCAs, 265/70-17, Duratracs, G4 Elite tonneau, Weathertech Window Deflectors, Weathertech digital floor liners, factory JBL/Entune, rear differential breather relocate.
    They have it, even when stock. It's hard to completely get rid of it, the point seems to be to just try and minimize it. The stock springs to that themselves, when you go aftermarket you need a spacer to minimize it.

Products Discussed in

To Top